Christmas Tree

Holidays 2015

Been on a couple of Mediterranean cruises. Both were holidays for an occasion I was invited along on rather than something I'd chosen myself. I don't think I'd be into some of the Caribbean ones some people I know have been on where you have a few days at sea but the two I went on (mainly Greek Islands but a bit of Italy / Croatia / Turkey) where you had plenty of stops were canny. The good side, i.e. seeing lots of places, is also the frustrating part because it's those places you really like that you'd also like to spend two or three nights at (at least). It's a good way of seeing places you possible wouldn't otherwise though. The food was fucking ridiculous like. The last one I went on I think I went to the gym about 14 times over the course of the 12 nights I was on it and still put on about half a stone. I was getting up, doing some cardio, then shifting a massive oval dinner plate of breakfast. By half 11 I was going over to the pizza bar. :lol:

They're not really my cup of char, because of the rigid structure, but it's a good way to see a lot of places. Also, while it's not exactly sailing around the Ionian Sea in a schooner, it's still a romantic way to travel I think. And you can always go back to the places you really loved and spend more time there.

Naturally.

It was balmy.

Joking aside, I wanted to go to Delos but wor lass rolled out of bed too late so we just wandered round Mykonos Town. It's quite cool and pretty but it's eye-wateringly expensive and even the locals have more edge than a broken piss-pot.

Naturally.

It was balmy.

Joking aside, I wanted to go to Delos but wor lass rolled out of bed too late so we just wandered round Mykonos Town. It's quite cool and pretty but it's eye-wateringly expensive and even the locals have more edge than a broken piss-pot.

We took a taxi to Paradise Beach on the recommendation of our waitress. Got there and it was miles from civilisation and all the bars were boarded up for the winter. Glad we noticed before the taxi left or we would have been stranded :lol: the bastard charged us full fare back too

I went to Kraków last weekend for my stag do.

Main Square in Old Town was such a beautiful place; great food and cheap beer! Thinking of taking the family back next year to make more of what it has to offer.

Go in December and there's no stag or hen do's. Xmas markets and snow aplenty though. Auschwitz is a worthwhile trip, as are the salt mines

:D

Sounds a hoot.

Did you have a favourite place on your cruise?

I think they are good if you get on a cheap deal and you get a kind of sampler of places you've never been to for next times holiday. I know that the prices have crashed in the carribean, but they are really busy.

Does anybody have ideas on Ankara? it could be,we maybe moving there. Just wondering has anyone been there and what did they think of it.

I'm heading to California next year. Got a great price last night on some business class seats with BA to San Francisco. Thought I'd wait and re-check everything in the morning to make sure that I'd got the right dates and times only to find that the price has gone up £300 each in the ten hours since I checked. The bastards.

Trip down to Dublin for an Interpol Gig in Feb, and booked flights for a weekend in Newcastle

asides from that work has me flat out :( 24 days leave left to use by end of jan

Probably Venice. It was flooded so we were wading through the streets up to our knees in wellies which was a laugh. Athens was much bigger than I thought and was a cool city too

Tour guide: "Yeah Athens is a big city. Pub? "

"To your left is Athens, to your right more Athens, ahead of us Athens again and behind us is the Acropolis. All in all it's pretty big, any questions?"

Probably Venice. It was flooded so we were wading through the streets up to our knees in wellies which was a laugh. Athens was much bigger than I thought and was a cool city too

Worth having at least a couple of nights in Venice to get lost in the back streets. Also has a much nicer vibe when the day trippers have left. Thompson's used to fly to Verona from Newcastle iirc. There's some nice, inexpensive bars and restaurants away from St Mark's Square too.

:lol: I should charge commission. Whereas all I've got on Hannover is "clean but dull". Not that I've ever been much beyond the square outside the railway station.

Time to PM Meenzer's Guide to Berlin again.... ;)

:lol: I should charge commission. Whereas all I've got on Hannover is "clean but dull". Not that I've ever been much beyond the square outside the railway station.

Thank you!