West Ham 1 v FC Newcastle United 3 (FT)

Park Life

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allardyce bullshitting it after the game, meanwhile kudos to this West Ham lad on their forum for this.....

The Cabaye show.

Guest appearance by: The West Ham Defenders

:lol:

I'm taking all the credit fuckheads! Had to put up with Fish predicting a 1-0 and all sorts of shit. ;) Luckily he knows virtually nothing about football.

Edited by Park Life

It's an argument that's impossible to prove one way or another, but who's to say these second half performances which have us being more cautious haven't gained us more points than they've lost us?

Seen quite often 'We should have pushed up', 'We shouldn't have gone defensive' often with a bizarre level of certainty that we'd have no problem controlling the game without being caught and a side serving of bile for Pardew.

Whatever you personally think of his tactics/philosophy - and of course as a fan you want to watch your team playing nice attacking football - they seem to be working pretty well.

The problem isn't his team talk after we've hammered opponents. As you'd expect, it's more about the opposition's manager at those moments and what he says. A battered team are bound to come out with a flea in their ear second half and it's all about coping with it.

The test is when we've been shite and can he do something to turn it around. Our lack of points from losing positions suggests not.

I wonder if it's all to do with perception (possibly massively oversimplifying it though). If we were of the same status as Man City, playing as well as we were, the other teams wouldn't come out in the second half like they tend to against us currently, it'd be more measured and cautious. Because teams kind of feel like they should be beating us, they have that belief.

I'd also argue that this is why the floor at Old Trafford gave way this season. Other teams aren't expecting to lose.

I know we won but we were fucking lucky considering the chances they had.

Pards substitutions :glare:

Why's he not starting Haidara at LB, Santon at RB? Yanga looks ropey at RB. Atleast Deboosh is back next week!

Yeah but... and replace him with who? Colo and YMB are, by consensus, too similar; and that leaves Taylor. Who I reckon might be more of a liability than Williamson.

Aye, Williamson is clearly aware of his limitations whereas Taylor seems to think he's class. His mental play is the reason the game was tight, if he'd used his head and just kept the ball moving it'd of been no bother. But sadly his biggest failing is the fact he's a moron.