West Ham 1 v FC Newcastle United 3 (FT)

Park Life

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree actually, he allows us to play through the centre because his passing is so good. I have to say that Tiote has stepped up massively, he looks very confident on the ball these days and has a decent eye for a pass himself.

He has looked a bit lost in that position at times this season, like. Struggled to make any kind of impact. I was beginning to think he was much better suited to a deeper role. But, after his recent showings, I think he can be just as good in both positions. He's just an excellent, excellent player.He'll always be prone to those poor games like, where his head goes, and he just wants to get sent off. Happily, we haven't seen many this season.

Cabaye is so much more use when he's further forward.

Was he playing in that no. 10 role yesterday? Couldnt watch the game.

When I've watched him play in that position I've thought he's a bit wasted there. He's one of those players you want in the thick of things, and we've often missed his quality in passing bringing the ball forward when he's playing further upfront himself.

Fair play if he's grown into the role though, with Anita and Tiote in good form it takes a lot of the pressure off him.

He's played that position most of his career before us and for France. He's perfect there for us because he's our only player (other than Ben Arfa) who is comfortable taking the ball to feet under pressure and then can pick a pass or a shot. When he doesn't play that's when we end up passing it around for a bit then hoofing it cause there's no one showing for the ball in advanced positions.

Unless it's because of a colour clash we should always play in our black & white strip. It's probably a contractual thing where we have to wear the away kit X amount of times. If I was being ultra picky, it would've been even better winning at Old Trafford in our proper shirt.

Spotted this West Ham fan's opinion of the game and Allardyce.

For those Hammers fans that have been through the yo-yo years supporting West Ham, there was a sense of inevitability about Saturday’s defeat to Newcastle United. A good start wasted, principally because we had run out of ideas, which allowed the visitors to gain a foothold in the game and gave their class midfielders the stage to dictate the pace of the game.

In truth, they were the real difference between the two teams, although not necessarily because their midfielders were any better than Mark Noble, Jack Collison, Ravel Morrison or Mohamed Diame. Instead it was down to the tactics employed by one manager and the lack of them from the other.
Alan Pardew packed his midfield with ball players and told them to dictate play, keep the crowd quiet by keeping possession and pick your way through a shaky defence. Hardly the stuff of genius, it is Pardew after all, but then that’s all you need to get one over Big Sam.
Hit the wings or hit one of the big men up front. That’s the Allardyce way. Beyond that, well, there isn’t is there?
Which must make it incredibly difficult to be one of those middle men. They’re being asked to chase shadows in midfield and play a bit part in attack. It’s hardly surprising Morrison, our most creative player, fell out with Sam.
The win at Cardiff City merely papered over the cracks that are growing wider by the day. Sam’s always prided himself on a disciplined team and set-up a side that’s difficult to beat. Well, his captain Kevin Nolan has been sent off twice and James Tomkins has also seen red, while the clean sheets early season are now a distant memory.
All our hopes remain with Andy Carroll and while he will have an impact, it’s a big ask to turn around our fortunes that really do look like they will fade and die.
West Ham started the transfer window with optimism and promises were made that our business would be done early. Now, I’m not suggesting the club aren’t busting a gut to back Sam and get players in, that’s evidently not the case, but that hasn’t happened. We’re either going for players with injuries or a lack of fitness, or they’re just turning us down flat. That’s got to speak volumes about the manager and his method of football. Hull City recently signed Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic. They’re nowhere near being a club of our size and stature but players are happy to sign for them.
Alarm bells should be ringing. Loud and clear. Question is, will anyone do anything about it and stop this sinking ship?

:lol:

Welcome to Big Sam's World.

Canny summation that and it must be awful having 3 years of that shit. Our midfielders are definitely better than theirs though.

He's clearly blinded by the hatred of big Sam which is clouding his judgement. Love it.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Is there no piggin way I can get to see extended highlights of our match. Do Sky not repeat football first or have it on demand?

BBC will have MOTD on the iplayer but you might have to wait a couple of days. Re-read the match thread to help get you through.

:good:

Is there no piggin way I can get to see extended highlights of our match. Do Sky not repeat football first or have it on demand?

Why would you want to watch extended highlights of a match that you've already seen the goals for days ago. You're borderline simple, you.