What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Lads, I know you are DESPERATE for my attention, but I don't know why you're raising my name in reference to torn ACLs.

Good luck with it OTF. You'll be back on the dancefloor strutting it to Men At Work before you know it.

Physio is working towards it as we speak.

music video 80s GIF

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, sammynb said:

You have to wonder how good he is because the Tigers are crap for a reason!

BTW I coached Brooksy as a footballer up until he was 13 and the Tigers said no more. He could have made it as championship level footballer except for the "thinking" aspect of the sport.

You'll be fine and back to playing O35 in a season or so. Took about 18 months before I could hit a ball like pre ACL replacement but then again that was 20 years ago, so you'll probably be bionic like Gemmill after this - just make sure you don't tick the chinese mouse option!

Since gaz Ellis left :P 

On 27/07/2023 at 11:18, sammynb said:

You have to wonder how good he is because the Tigers are crap for a reason!

Screenshot_20230728_195809_Twitter.thumb.jpg.2e610054da3a94bde221fff0bf7ba80e.jpg

christian bale smiling GIF

On 27/07/2023 at 04:58, OTF said:

Physio is working towards it as we speak.

music video 80s GIF

Never occured to me until now that this was the inspiration behind the final Champs album cover.  Ammusingly, there was a track on the previous album named "I am the Album Cover".

ab67616d00001e02c7fad58411836be458e84043.jpeg.315a3da473ae23c5f42ff50b70ed2e2e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Got a letter a few weeks ago saying I needed to arrange an appointment for a health check. Just assumed it was standard practise for people over 40 so sorted it out for today. But everyone I've spoken to bout it says they've either never had one, or only started having regularly them when they were much, much older.

I think I've been mistaken for someone else again, just as I was with the vaccine. They confused/conflated my records with some other bloke who apparently had a transplant, and sickle cell anaemia. Now I'm 80% sure I've not had a transplant, and I know for a fact I don't have sickle cell.

Any one on here have an NHS mandated health check at 42?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You 100% haven't had a hair transplant.

I did, but it's entirely on my calves.  Got a lovely side parting on one and corn rows on the other.

Just now, Gemmill said:

Aye I had one of these. It was pre Covid and I've never had anything similar since. Maybe they're kicking them off again and prioritising the weakest?

Well she's going to get a shock when the results come back and I'm essentially Thor without the flowing locks.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If you're hoping for the finger up the arse (and we both know you are), then you're gonna be disappointed.

Only until I get home.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Why wait that long? Pop one in as you're leaving the surgery.

Can't believe I need to tell you this again, but; You're Not allowed to have a pokey bum wank in public.

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2023 at 10:28, The Fish said:

Got a letter a few weeks ago saying I needed to arrange an appointment for a health check. Just assumed it was standard practise for people over 40 so sorted it out for today. But everyone I've spoken to bout it says they've either never had one, or only started having regularly them when they were much, much older.

I think I've been mistaken for someone else again, just as I was with the vaccine. They confused/conflated my records with some other bloke who apparently had a transplant, and sickle cell anaemia. Now I'm 80% sure I've not had a transplant, and I know for a fact I don't have sickle cell.

Any one on here have an NHS mandated health check at 42?

Not meaning to give you the fear mate but I'm just on the other side of 40 and the whole unexpected appointment for an checkup was where I was belatedly given my emhysema diagnosis.

Doubt you've got emphysema like. Mines was a random Respiratory clinic  outpatient appointment that I wasn't expecting, just assumed it was going to be a quick follow up to my last pneumothorax a few years prior. Instead got put through a barrage of breathing tests by some guy who had a confused look on his face at the end of each one when he said "okay, that's normal". After all the fucking tests I got to speak with a respiratory doctor who was also a bit confused and asked a whole fucking bunch of questions about my medical history to make sure they hadnt mixed me up with another Mr Blastronaut, before eventually pulling up a 15 year old CT scan of my lungs and saying "right well, your lung function based on those tests is still normal".

Me: "ok great, that's a relief. I wasn't expecting all those tests. Hey, why are we looking at an old CT scan?"

Hopefully yours is nothing and they've got the wrong Mr Fish.

On 26/08/2023 at 20:01, Blastronaut said:

Not meaning to give you the fear mate but I'm just on the other side of 40 and the whole unexpected appointment for an checkup was where I was belatedly given my emhysema diagnosis.

Doubt you've got emphysema like. Mines was a random Respiratory clinic  outpatient appointment that I wasn't expecting, just assumed it was going to be a quick follow up to my last pneumothorax a few years prior. Instead got put through a barrage of breathing tests by some guy who had a confused look on his face at the end of each one when he said "okay, that's normal". After all the fucking tests I got to speak with a respiratory doctor who was also a bit confused and asked a whole fucking bunch of questions about my medical history to make sure they hadnt mixed me up with another Mr Blastronaut, before eventually pulling up a 15 year old CT scan of my lungs and saying "right well, your lung function based on those tests is still normal".

Me: "ok great, that's a relief. I wasn't expecting all those tests. Hey, why are we looking at an old CT scan?"

Hopefully yours is nothing and they've got the wrong Mr Fish.

Nope the right Monsieur Piscine, just a random "hey you're over 40, lets get you in for an MOT."

Everything is rosy. Even passed the lie detector test. "How much do you drink? Ok, but how much do you really drink?"

Bloods came back clean too. Makes me think too much was made at Uni of the threat excessive drinking and illegal drugs are to your health. I ate, drank and took like I was immortal, seems like maybe I am.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2023 at 10:55, strawb said:

Had my last 6 monthly checkup after the cancer and been officially discharged, drinks later I reckon 

It doesn’t get much better than that. The sort of news that warrants getting blackout drunk 

I broke my fucking toe on my first drop this morning. 
One 11 hour shift later and it’s throbbing like a bastard. 

Just taken my boot off to have a look at it and for some reason I’m suddenly craving some Morcilla Blood Sausage

e0d036362b6347528ca854193c3833a9.jpg

Ffs

• Jaysus... 1