What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Right then chaps- trapped nerves. 

Anyone had any success in freeing them? 

I’ve had one which has affected my left arm for nearly a fortnight, nerve pain in my upper arm, numbness and pins and needles in my forearm and hand 

( insert stranger-wank jokes here)

Seen doc today who’s response was a bit pish tbh- “ take some painkillers and see how it goes”

Any suggestions? 

( insert “stop tearing the neck off it “ jokes here). :lol:

42 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Right then, these assless chaps have given me trapped nerves. 

I’ve had one which has affected my left arm for nearly a fortnight, nerve pain in my upper arm, numbness and pins and needles in my forearm and hand 

Seen doc today who’s response was a bit pish tbh- “ take some painkillers and see how it goes”

Any suggestions? 

FYP

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheers lads :lol:

So far my best option seems to be getting one off the wrist of a Thai masseur then- I’ll just run that past Mrs. F… 

I’d try a masseuse unless you fancy spicing things up

Tongue GIF

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Right then chaps- trapped nerves. 

Any suggestions? 

Go see a physio. 

I had one in my shoulder after a fall. I have a monthly sports massage anyways and my physio is shit hot. Gave me some exercise and within a week it was sorted. 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2023 at 09:56, Renton said:

HMHM, if you're ill on your a/l, make sure you get HR told, becauseit needs to be classified as illness and for you to get your a/l back. Hope it goes as well as it can for you anf your family tomorrow, at least the weather is good (even here). 

Well, after this lingering on and after finally getting some tests done last week it turns out it wasn't a viral infection they kept insisting on but caused by a nasty bacterial infection almost certainly caused by food poisoning. Anyway, just been issued antibiotics yesterday, I'm feeling a lot better but still not 100% yet. I've got to do another couple of samples in two weeks in case there's anything else causing it and am due back to work next week when the antibiotic course is finished and the symptoms are gone.

Now for work. You know the buzz phrase going around football lately where good teams 'find a way' even when they're not on song? Well, got a text this morning from my manager informing me that HR are not accepting my sick notes as they can't make out the dates properly and are a bit blurry. I attached them to an email to my manager but everyone came back as unsent so I assume his work email won't accept external emails. I told him and sent a screenshot of them to his phone, he got them and said he'd give them to HR. I sent the first on on the 13th June, the second a week later and the third on the 27th. Our wages cut off date is around the 9th. Only today did someone decide to let me know they had a problem with them so I've had to print them off then drive to work and hand them to the gatehouse in an envelope addressed to the new manager and old one. If they don't sort it in time I'll probably end up with a quarter of my usual wages instead of the lot. I said to the wife I had a feeling there'll be some kind of booby trap laid by HR but couldn't imagine what? So as usual whenever you need to deal with HR they end up finding a way to fuck you about. If there was a genuine problem why wait till now to inform me? Just as well I'm virtually recovered to get up there and if my pay is short later this month you can take it the bank that H will well and truly be on. Absolute set of cunts who are deserving of a hiding they'll never get who have a genuine loathing of the people on the shop floor and go out of their way to find a problem. I'm fucking fizzing here, like. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 5

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well, after this lingering on and after finally getting some tests done last week it turns out it wasn't a viral infection they kept insisting on but caused by a nasty bacterial infection almost certainly caused by food poisoning. Anyway, just been issued antibiotics yesterday, I'm feeling a lot better but still not 100% yet. I've got to do another couple of samples in two weeks in case there's anything else causing it and am due back to work next week when the antibiotic course is finished and the symptoms are gone.

Now for work. You know the buzz phrase going around football lately where good teams 'find a way' even when they're not on song? Well, got a text this morning from my manager informing me that HR are not accepting my sick notes as they can't make out the dates properly and are a bit blurry. I attached them to an email to my manager but everyone came back as unsent so I assume his work email won't accept external emails. I told him and sent a screenshot of them to his phone, he got them and said he'd give them to HR. I sent the first on on the 13th June, the second a week later and the third on the 27th. Our wages cut off date is around the 9th. Only today did someone decide to let me know they had a problem with them so I've had to print them off then drive to work and hand them to the gatehouse in an envelope addressed to the new manager and old one. If they don't sort it in time I'll probably end up with a quarter of my usual wages instead of the lot. I said to the wife I had a feeling there'll be some kind of booby trap laid by HR but couldn't imagine what? So as usual whenever you need to deal with HR they end up finding a way to fuck you about. If there was a genuine problem why wait till now to inform me? Just as well I'm virtually recovered to get up there and if my pay is short later this month you can take it the bank that H will well and truly be on. Absolute set of cunts who are deserving of a hiding they'll never get who have a genuine loathing of the people on the shop floor and go out of their way to find a problem. I'm fucking fizzing here, like. 

In my naive days I thought HR departments were there to help you. :lol:

Oh how I laugh about that now. They're out to fucking screw you, and the bigger the organisation, the worse they are. During my last year at the NHS, I had an internal job interview for promotion, was given in advance the list of interviewers. But then a high ranking member of the HR was also in attendance, unnanounced, so I hadn't done any homework. I fucking hate HR and their endless fucking LGTBQIA+ days etc, and honestly just binned every e-mail from them without reading them. So I performed well on all the questions about my job, but was fucked by the questions from this HR rep, I hadn't heard of a single initiative she was blabbing on about. The irony was, they had this thing in place called "Flourish", which was supposed to allow employees to fulfill their full potential, and it was this question (I'd never heard of it) that floored me and prevented my promotion. A few weeks later I was off, good riddance, it was definitely a blessing in disguise. 

Anyhow, I feel your pain, best of luck mate. 

• Like 2

I got an email at work about this time last year telling me I’d been overpaid about £6,000. I hadn’t as I was correctly being paid for being on temporary promotion but they proceeded to take £500 off my pay. Which just happened to be two days later. This being the civil service, the payroll was outsourced. The department approved an emergency payment so, fortunately, I wasn’t out of pocket. Despite numerous communications from my line manager and others within the department this took four months to sort out. With the exact same rigmarole of my pay being docked and then emergency payments having to be made to make up the difference. You couldn’t even speak to anyone on the phone about it. All communication had to be via email. Even if it was legitimate and I had been overpaid, how the fuck do they expect someone to be able to afford being paid £500 less a month with 2days notice? I wouldn’t mind but the people it’s outsourced to are based at Balliol Business Park, about a ten minutes walk from my office. Might as well have been on the moon for how responsive they were. It’s a bit like if you’re on an emergency tax code. It takes fucking months to get it back. But if you owe them a penny they want it yesterday 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Honestly, I feel like walking into the HR offices and going all Al Pacino*/Al Capone with a baseball bat. It's pure vindictiveness as it happens too often. You hear these stories about Clough blanking any injured players but I'd take that over these cunts. :lol:

*Of course I meant Robert Di Niro ;)

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

fucking hell man, that’s brutal. What a set of absolute cunts

• Like 3

Apologies for the sexism but HR departments are just job creation factories for women. There are also loads of "consultancies" in the city that firms bring in to teach pointless training courses like emotional intelligence and diversity awareness all run by ex-HR people and brought in by their mates who they used to work with in the same fucking HR departments.

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Apologies for the sexism but HR departments are just job creation factories for women. There are also loads of "consultancies" in the city that firms bring in to teach pointless training courses like emotional intelligence and diversity awareness all run by ex-HR people and brought in by their mates who they used to work with in the same fucking HR departments.

The epitome of 'Non-producers'. 

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

In my naive days I thought HR departments were there to help you. :lol:

Oh how I laugh about that now. They're out to fucking screw you, and the bigger the organisation, the worse they are. During my last year at the NHS, I had an internal job interview for promotion, was given in advance the list of interviewers. But then a high ranking member of the HR was also in attendance, unnanounced, so I hadn't done any homework. I fucking hate HR and their endless fucking LGTBQIA+ days etc, and honestly just binned every e-mail from them without reading them. So I performed well on all the questions about my job, but was fucked by the questions from this HR rep, I hadn't heard of a single initiative she was blabbing on about. The irony was, they had this thing in place called "Flourish", which was supposed to allow employees to fulfill their full potential, and it was this question (I'd never heard of it) that floored me and prevented my promotion. A few weeks later I was off, good riddance, it was definitely a blessing in disguise. 

Anyhow, I feel your pain, best of luck mate. 

I remember a lady in her late fifties being fairly helpful when HR was called 'Personnel' sometime around the late 90s but apart from that.......?

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's not fashionable but its hard not to agree with this. Diversity officers and the like, paid a lot too. 

• Like 1