Chelsea FC v Newcastle FC

Howmanheyman

Well, thought I'd start a match thread seeing nobody else has, also thought I'd leave out the 'United' bit in the title to save the bother and to avoid confusion with the real United, sure it's our traditional name but times move on. Anyway, we've a tough game here at 'The Bridge' and when you play a big club you need hard work, skill and hopefully not having Howard Webb reffing the game! (Lol.) We go into this without Remy who despite an appeal by the club had his ban upheld by a committee despite a strenuous and vehement post match backing by Pards saying, "We won't appeal, because I think there was enough for Chris there, but once he done that stupid reaction, the crowd went all mad and he has got no choice really." We will also have Tiote missing, Colo still a doubt as is Gouffran and we will obviously not have Cabaye so it will be a test for our push to cement eighth spot. The injury situation isn't all bad news as it looks like Obertan will still be out. Although Yohan will be a miss you just cannot knock back a profit of £14M for a player who went on strike and put the club in a real pickle, especially when he could've bought his own contract out in the summer for a few million, absolute steal getting that much, sure he scored some good goals and dictated our good football but that doesn't put food on the table in this day and age of competing with foreign multi-billionaires, Hazard must be shitting himself being up against big Mousse who'll be wanting to put the 0-3 derby result out of our system alongside 'big' Vern and local hero 'Tayls' marshalling the defence.

Despite being up against it I feel we can pull off a low scoring defeat here which will pick us up and give us some momentum especially now we've got the cups done and dusted early doors. Sure it is disappointing going out but would you want to be relegated if it meant getting through to a final? The Premier League is the main deal and the party is back on! Anyway, heart says 1-0 to Chelsea and Luuk de Jong getting a canny shot off early on, head says 3-0 to them.

Ho'way the lads!

:banana:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thought I'd start a match thread seeing nobody else has, also thought I'd leave out the 'United' bit in the title to save the bother and to avoid confusion with the real United, sure it's our traditional name but times move on. Anyway, we've a tough game here at 'The Bridge' and when you play a big club you need hard work, skill and hopefully not having Howard Webb reffing the game! (Lol.) We go into this without Remy who despite an appeal by the club had his ban upheld by a committee despite a strenuous and vehement post match backing by Pards saying, "We won't appeal, because I think there was enough for Chris there, but once he done that stupid reaction, the crowd went all mad and he has got no choice really." We will also have Tiote missing, Colo still a doubt as is Gouffran and we will obviously not have Cabaye so it will be a test for our push to cement eighth spot. The injury situation isn't all bad news as it looks like Obertan will still be out. Although Yohan will be a miss you just cannot knock back a profit of £14M for a player who went on strike and put the club in a real pickle, especially when he could've bought his own contract out in the summer for a few million, absolute steal getting that much, sure he scored some good goals and dictated our good football but that doesn't put food on the table in this day and age of competing with foreign multi-billionaires, Hazard must be shitting himself being up against big Mousse who'll be wanting to put the 0-3 derby result out of our system alongside 'big' Vern and local hero 'Tayls' marshalling the defence.

Despite being up against it I feel we can pull off a low scoring defeat here which will pick us up and give us some momentum especially now we've got the cups done and dusted early doors. Sure it is disappointing going out but would you want to be relegated if it meant getting through to a final? The Premier League is the main deal and the party is back on! Anyway, heart says 1-0 to Chelsea and Luuk de Jong getting a canny shot off early on, head says 3-0 to them.

Ho'way the lads!

:banana:

:lol:

:lol: To be fair, I think there's a decent chance of that beign the team. That, or we retain the 4-3-3 that's worked well for us away from home, with Mapou replacing Tiote. Not so confident on the result being correct mind.

:lol: To be fair, I think there's a decent chance of that beign the team. That, or we retain the 4-3-3 that's worked well for us away from home, with Mapou replacing Tiote. Not so confident on the result being correct mind.

Santon will start, Haidara has played 25 minutes of football this year, he will not start him against chelsea

Santon will start, Haidara has played 25 minutes of football this year, he will not start him against chelsea

and will be inexplicably substituted around 60 minutes.

You're probably right, but I wouldn't say it was a certainty. He was terrible against the mackems, and hasn't been in very good form for a while. Saying that, it's probably more likely that Dummett would get the nod ahead of him.