Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too small. Doesn't like the physical nature or the pace of the Premier League and he's not on his own. Shudder to think how he'll go in the middle of winter at Stoke or Burnley.

Cabella looks weak - weak physically and mentally. I don't think he'll adapt. Maybe if he could ride a few challenges made on him, and also if he had a proper back and sides I may change my mind.

Three games is clearly plenty of evidence with which to write him off.

Yep. Three games is enough for me. I've seen plenty over the years and what the club has at this time is pathetic, both in organisation and squad talent. Let's hope Burnley, WBA, Crystal Palace, West Ham and Leicester break apart much more so and more often than we do this season.

Edited by Ken

The current Ligue 1 is shite! The best of them have already made their move abroad. The next best which we have dabbled in in the transfer market to bring to the club are rubbish.These are bad times. Nothing to fall back on if the club is relegated. Not much more to go on for the next season if the club avoids it.

If you watched him against Spain last night you would realise how good a player he is.

Do you mean the 15 minute cameo he played against a disinterested Spain side? :lol:

I'd rather judge him on future games he plays with Newcastle. Against opposition that want to chop him down.

Wonder if Pardew will keep him on the wing or give him a free role behind Riviere where he'll probably be at his best.

Or Left Back.

I think he was always ear marked for the wing, but with the de Jong injury and Aarons looking like our best player, I think the formation will picks itself (Cabella as no10 and Aarons on the wing)

The only question for me would be around where is Aarons best position, as all this Sterling comparisons might get Aarons playing No10 as that seems to be Sterling's best position.

I think its worth a punt swapping them in a game to see how they get on in both positions.

Edited by Phil

I'd be surprised if Aarons starts, it's the right thing to do so I can't see Pardew going with that option. I think he'll move Sissoko either back out wide (and Gouffran inside), play Sissoko behind Riviere or play Paul Dummett there. Then have 2 from Anita, Colback and Tiote in CM.

I'd be surprised if Aarons starts, it's the right thing to do so I can't see Pardew going with that option. I think he'll move Sissoko either back out wide (and Gouffran inside), play Sissoko behind Riviere or play Paul Dummett there. Then have 2 from Anita, Colback and Tiote in CM.

That's got Pardew written all over it :(

You appear to have forgotten the most important player.