The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debuchy again the best right back in europe this week according to whoscored, hes in their european team of the season so far as well.

PSG for him next season.

Debuchy again the best right back in europe this week according to whoscored, hes in their european team of the season so far as well.

PSG for him next season.

not as good as simpson #CT

Danny Guthrie wouldn't be a miss (not that he's much of one anyway IYAM) if we had the first idea about how to develop our youth players. Both Bigirimana and Vuckic (though he has had injuries) should have been in and around the first team now if we had competent coaches.

Bigirimana is probably right to leave. He's young enough that if he finds a club with a good coaching set-up, he'll still become a good player. Vuckic's injuries probably mean he won't be so lucky.

Aye, Bigi will probably go somewhere like Nottingham Forest, progress well and move on to a premiership team (unless of course Forest got themselves promoted). Vuckic's injuries look to have ruined the lads career, which is a shame as he looked canny, he didn't have much pace to begin with and the injuries have took the little he had.

The point about Guthrie wanting out could have easily been corrected had the club wanted to, he was only on about four grand a week couple a bump in wages with the feeling Cabaye was going to leave in the somewhat near future and a bit of convincing would have probably swayed him. Colocinni seemed to be more set on leaving than Guthrie ever was and we've convinced him to stay.

Aye, Bigi will probably go somewhere like Nottingham Forest, progress well and move on to a premiership team (unless of course Forest got themselves promoted). Vuckic's injuries look to have ruined the lads career, which is a shame as he looked canny, he didn't have much pace to begin with and the injuries have took the little he had.

The point about Guthrie wanting out could have easily been corrected had the club wanted to, he was only on about four grand a week couple a bump in wages with the feeling Cabaye was going to leave in the somewhat near future and a bit of convincing would have probably swayed him. Colocinni seemed to be more set on leaving than Guthrie ever was and we've convinced him to stay.

We got the cheaper option to stay. Better for the balance sheet and all :good:

Also, this means he had a little bit of ambition on him, so there was obviously no place for him here.

Anyway, its not like he would have made a major difference this season. It does point towards how much attention we give to having a proper squad though.

We got the cheaper option to stay. Better for the balance sheet and all :good:

Also, this means he had a little bit of ambition on him, so there was obviously no place for him here.

Anyway, its not like he would have made a major difference this season. It does point towards how much attention we give to having a proper squad though.

:lol: Good post Aimaad, agree with all of it. Aye, I think the problem we all have isn't that we're losing players like Guthrie it's that if we're letting them go or selling them we should be improving on them, which we aren't doing. There are examples where we have/at least tried which I am happy with, such as letting Simpson leave and bringing in Debuchy, or losing Enrique and bringing in Santon, but we've not been doing that enough so it means we're left with a thinning squad and a youth system that isn't bringing through the talent to fill the difference.

Losing Guthrie wouldn't be brought up if we'd improved Bigi and he was playing regularly now while we waited to replace Cabaye, but unfortunately they've not done that and we're watching Dan Gosling. Up front has been the worst for me, we had Carroll, Shola, Lovenkrands and Best, we really needed another striker to partner Carroll and have the other 3 as back ups, instead we kept Shola out the three got Ba in, then later Cisse and then lost Ba; so we're down to Cisse and Shola, and only Cisse is contracted into next season, with again no youth coming through.

The drop offs in our squad are too big now, whereas they used to be closer and that's a big problem, one which 3-4 signings wont rectify especially with further thinning coming.

:lol:

Funny how all these facts get forgotten when the townsfolk are in lynching mood.

What a patronising cunt this man is.

:lol: Good post Aimaad, agree with all of it. Aye, I think the problem we all have isn't that we're losing players like Guthrie it's that if we're letting them go or selling them we should be improving on them, which we aren't doing. There are examples where we have/at least tried which I am happy with, such as letting Simpson leave and bringing in Debuchy, or losing Enrique and bringing in Santon, but we've not been doing that enough so it means we're left with a thinning squad and a youth system that isn't bringing through the talent to fill the difference.

Losing Guthrie wouldn't be brought up if we'd improved Bigi and he was playing regularly now while we waited to replace Cabaye, but unfortunately they've not done that and we're watching Dan Gosling. Up front has been the worst for me, we had Carroll, Shola, Lovenkrands and Best, we really needed another striker to partner Carroll and have the other 3 as back ups, instead we kept Shola out the three got Ba in, then later Cisse and then lost Ba; so we're down to Cisse and Shola, and only Cisse is contracted into next season, with again no youth coming through.e

The drop offs in our squad are too big now, whereas they used to be closer and that's a big problem, one which 3-4 signings wont rectify especially with further thinning coming.

Santon for Enrique hasnt worked out as hoped. I still have hopes for Santon but Enrique was a lot more solid defensively (should be remembered the former is not left footed though). Anyway we were never going to hang on to him once Liverpool came calling so I get your point. At least we replaced him with a promising prospect.

Like someone was saying on another thread, the fact Shola is still here and the murmurings that we may actually be bloody giving him another contract really sums up the farce that we are at the moment.

So shit he needs to be put in the shop window for a free transfer.

:lol: Takes me back to the days of Alan Smith. I used to say we should offer clubs a couple of million quid to take him off our hands.

What a patronising cunt this man is.

Is he of the point that the squad is deep enough, so the people complaining about it should shut up? or that the ownership shouldn't get any stick for the thinning of the squad? or that it was impossible for us to hold on to Guthrie? or just the usual ambiguous attack that means he's sat nicely on the fence.

Is he of the point that the squad is deep enough, so the people complaining about it should shut up? or that the ownership shouldn't get any stick for the thinning of the squad? or that it was impossible for us to hold on to Guthrie? or just the usual ambiguous attack that means he's sat nicely on the fence.

That people are picking on Pardew and his boss just because its the 'in thing' at the moment :rolleyes:

That people are picking on Pardew and his boss just because its the 'in thing' at the moment :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, CT was crying for Pardew's head last season while others advocated patience.

How could anyone think this season is an improvement or that Pardew deserves more time? We had a good run at the start of the year with our best player playing himself into a move (and the WC) and a player we don't even own bagging some good goals. Since January literally everything has gone to shit. The football has been diabolical, far worse than even last year's tripe. We would be relegated if the league started on New Year's Day. Now, much of that blame has to go to the fat one for not strengthening the squad (and no NUFC fan is slow to blame Ashley when he needs blaming) but the abominable run we've been on is not down to Fat Mike or the players, it's down to Pardew's embarrassing antics, shite tactics, arselicking attitude, and horrific team selections. There's no future for him at this club, whether we spend 5 pounds or 500 million pounds.

Meanwhile, CT was crying for Pardew's head last season while others advocated patience.

How could anyone think this season is an improvement or that Pardew deserves more time? We had a good run at the start of the year with our best player playing himself into a move (and the WC) and a player we don't even own bagging some good goals. Since January literally everything has gone to shit. The football has been diabolical, far worse than even last year's tripe. We would be relegated if the league started on New Year's Day. Now, much of that blame has to go to the fat one for not strengthening the squad (and no NUFC fan is slow to blame Ashley when he needs blaming) but the abominable run we've been on is not down to Fat Mike or the players, it's down to Pardew's embarrassing antics, shite tactics, arselicking attitude, and horrific team selections. There's no future for him at this club, whether we spend 5 pounds or 500 million pounds.

For a long time I was one of those in favor of sticking with Pardew because we cant hope to get anyone better under Ashley, and I thought he was trying to make the best of a bad situation. However his absolutely disgusting comments this season; hanging out players for sale prior to the January window, all but conceding defeat before the games have even begun, comparing us to Southampton as if they were fucking Real Madrid, etc etc etc have made me realize the man is no better than Ashley himself.

Bemused as to what Bigi has done wrong.

Negative influence on the squad I suppose (read as 'resistance to being Pardewed')

Pardew is picking Gosling because he's the kind of shite clogger that will put up with his shit and graft tbh. He'd play him over Anita if he could get away with dropping him in the same way he has Ben Arfa.

This is my view too. He's playing gosling cos hes an english grafter and can therefore be relied on to, well, graft away

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic