The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I'll go out on a limb here and admit I think against us he's looked quite adequate on more than one occasion. Haven't seen much more of him that that, so there's a fair chance that he stepped up for the derbies. As for him signing, given the current state of the clubs footballing endeavours I couldn't give a toss.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Colback is a good player - better than any midfielder at the club at the moment. Plus he's English, I don't give a fuck where he was born. Need more British players in the team and less Frenchies who tend to bottle it when the going gets tough in football and during wartime.

Jack Colback is a good player - better than any midfielder at the club at the moment. Plus he's English, I don't give a fuck where he was born. Need more British players in the team and less Frenchies who tend to bottle it when the going gets tough in football and during wartime.

Gosling is English. Williamson is English. Rob Elliot is really English. Steven Taylor is English. The first three are wet drips, the latter is a fucking knacker. What we need is good players with a bit of heart.

Gosling is English. Williamson is English. Rob Elliot is really English. Steven Taylor is English. The first three are wet drips, the latter is a fucking knacker. What we need is good players with a bit of heart.

Steady on now, they cost more than overhyped self interested Frenchmen or Championship standard English journeymen. You need to be more realistic David :rolleyes:

:jesuswept:

That's my point - we need more decent British players in the squad. Gosling, Taylor and Shola should be pissed off immediately. Williamson and Elliot are decent sqaud players and should be retained particualrly if there aren't the funds available to replace them on top of the others who hopefully will leave and of course those who have already left the club or about to (Cabaye, Collocinni and Remy). In a perfect world with a decent transfer kitty I'd sell Obertan, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Debuchy and Cisse too,

Edited by Ken

That's my point - we need more decent British players in the squad. Gosling, Taylor and Shola should be pissed off immediately. Williamson and Elliot are decent sqaud players and should be retained particualrly if there aren't the funds available to replace them on top of the others who hopefully will leave and of course those who have already left the club or baout to (Cabaye, Collocinni and Remy). In a perfect world I'd let Obertan, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, and Cisse go too, but this is Newcastle Utd.

We'll shop at France again or maybe in Spain at a few of the lesser clubs. The only Brits we'll sign will have clauses or just be shit.

We'll shop at France again or maybe in Spain at a few of the lesser clubs. The only Brits we'll sign will have clauses or just be shit.

I understand that that is Graham Carr's area of expertise and it will be most logical that players will be signed from there, I'm just making the point that filling the squad with so many players of French decent is a recipe for disaster - if not in the shorter term then most certainly mid to long. I'm at the point right now where I'd be more than happy to see Moyes become the next manager. At least Moyes has a history of buying and developing decent British players to play in the first team at Everton in his time there. That is what Newcastle desperately needs right now.

Fucking Hell Ken.

I understand that that is Graham Carr's area of expertise and it will be most logical that players will be signed from there, I'm just making the point that filling the squad with so many players of French decent is a recipe for disaster - if not in the shorter term then most certainly mid to long. I'm at the point right now where I'd be more than happy to see Moyes become the next manager. At least Moyes has a history of buying and developing decent British players to play in the first team at Everton in his time there. That is what Newcastle desperately needs right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2%80%9304_Arsenal_F.C._season

:lol:

photo-3528.jpg?_r=1389766290

Shelvey's a canny player tbh, but Swansea paid 6m for him didn't they? and he's had a decent season so they'll want at least that, can't see us spending more than 8m on a player so it doesn't leave too much room for negotiation.

Silly reply. The makeup of the squad and how successful it is is dependable on the manager. Pardew did OK for a short time but couldn't sustain it because he relied on one player to virtually carry the side. Ashley will continue on with a British manager if Pardew is punted - Bruce or Moyes. None of them can manage a team dominated by continental Europeans, British managers aren't canny enough to do it with the exception to the rule being Brendan Rodgers who was schooled by a continental manager. Looks as though fat Ashley has seen the light.

Silly reply. The makeup of the squad and how successful it is is dependable on the manager. Pardew did OK for a short time but couldn't sustain it because he relied on one player to virtually carry the side. Ashley will continue on with a British manager if Pardew is punted - Bruce or Moyes. None of them can manage a team dominated by continental Europeans, British managers aren't canny enough to do it with the exception to the rule being Brendan Rodgers who was schooled by a continental manager. Looks as though fat Ashley has seen the light.

You blamed their nationality; French.

There you go, 8 new players. Happy now?

Mike Ashley has assured Newcastle United’s players that he will be investing money in the re-shaping of their ailing squad this summer.

The Journal understands that a senior member of the squad was given firm assurances by the owner – who has spent time at the training ground recently – that there are funds available to spend.

Ashley is also understood to have had dinner with Fabricio Coloccini, the Newcastle captain, when he visited Tyneside before the owner’s short trip to America.

Those two facts are being viewed as positive developments by a squad that is in line to earn a substantial bonus if they meet the target of finishing in the top ten. That tallies with the message put out by Alan Pardew and other key figures at the club, who have spoken of up to eight new players joining Newcastle in a bid to reverse their fortunes – which have nose-dived following the sale of Yohan Cabaye.

The Journal understands that Benjamin Stambouli, of Montpellier, and powerful forward Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon are key targets, while Alan Pardew wants the club to add Sunderland’s Jack Colback and Jonjo Shelvey of Swansea, who is a £6million target for the Magpies.

There you go, 8 new players. Happy now?

Mike Ashley has assured Newcastle United’s players that he will be investing money in the re-shaping of their ailing squad this summer.

The Journal understands that a senior member of the squad was given firm assurances by the owner – who has spent time at the training ground recently – that there are funds available to spend.

Ashley is also understood to have had dinner with Fabricio Coloccini, the Newcastle captain, when he visited Tyneside before the owner’s short trip to America.

Those two facts are being viewed as positive developments by a squad that is in line to earn a substantial bonus if they meet the target of finishing in the top ten. That tallies with the message put out by Alan Pardew and other key figures at the club, who have spoken of up to eight new players joining Newcastle in a bid to reverse their fortunes – which have nose-dived following the sale of Yohan Cabaye.

The Journal understands that Benjamin Stambouli, of Montpellier, and powerful forward Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon are key targets, while Alan Pardew wants the club to add Sunderland’s Jack Colback and Jonjo Shelvey of Swansea, who is a £6million target for the Magpies.

"Roll up roll up get yer season tickets 'ere"

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic