The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Cleverly on loan isn't a risk at this level, he's frankly ideal. Not sure what people's expectations are for this window but I'd be a bit surprised if we're looking to do better...we may have a champions league standard manager but we still have a barrow boy owner.

To be honest, I'm hoping for players like Loftus-Cheek on loan, maybe someone like Wilson from Bournemouth? Delph would be amazing, but I'd be staggered if we can convince him to drop a league when he'd be a starter for clubs like West Brom who're currently top half.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm hoping for players like Loftus-Cheek on loan, maybe someone like Wilson from Bournemouth? Delph would be amazing, but I'd be staggered if we can convince him to drop a league when he'd be a starter for clubs like West Brom who're currently top half.

Bournemouth would want stupid money for Wilson, especially in January when it would be tricky to sign a replacement.He's still not fully fit after injury but is a pretty good player, I'd have in front of Mitrovich, if we sign him it would mean Mitro is off iyam.

Don't fancy the Chelsea lad, Chelsea have basically a full youth squad out on loan and in the past virtually none of them end up being even bog standard premier league players,especially the English ones, McEachran and Mancienne etc. Obviously we're not in the prem but ffs why should Rafa help Chelsea with their bullshit youth policy? They harvest kids just so other clubs can't sign them, and in a lot of cases the kids never really recover after being loaned out four or five times. I'd like to think Rafa may be principled enough not to get involved with helping them do that.

Am not sure Delph fits the bill if we're looking for someone to replace Shelvey, good player though.

Bournemouth would want stupid money for Wilson, especially in January when it would be tricky to sign a replacement.He's still not fully fit after injury but is a pretty good player, I'd have in front of Mitrovich, if we sign him it would mean Mitro is off iyam.

Don't fancy the Chelsea lad, Chelsea have basically a full youth squad out on loan and in the past virtually none of them end up being even bog standard premier league players,especially the English ones, McEachran and Mancienne etc. Obviously we're not in the prem but ffs why should Rafa help Chelsea with their bullshit youth policy? They harvest kids just so other clubs can't sign them, and in a lot of cases the kids never really recover after being loaned out four or five times. I'd like to think Rafa may be principled enough not to get involved with helping them do that.

Am not sure Delph fits the bill if we're looking for someone to replace Shelvey, good player though.

I agree that Chelsea's policy of hoarding a busload of youngsters is wrong, but I think you should make/avoid deals on a case by case basis. Loftus-Cheek is a decent player in a position that we could do with strengthening. 

Re: Delph, he's not a like-for-like replacement or upgrade on Shelvey, but he's a top-half Premier League player and if we could sign him we'd be much improved.

Wilson is at Leicester isn't he?

I genuinely don't get why we'd bother with Callum Wilson,it's always rumoured he'd cost a load and I don't see how he'd offer any more than Gayle. Gayle almost has as many Championship goals in half a season as Wilson got in a full season and Wilson's barely played 20 games since then because he's always picking up injuries. If he was relatively cheap I'd be ok with it but I don't see what he'd bring other than being Gayle's back up.

Cleverly on loan isn't a risk at this level, he's frankly ideal. Not sure what people's expectations are for this window but I'd be a bit surprised if we're looking to do better...we may have a champions league standard manager but we still have a barrow boy owner.

I totally agree.  I personally would prefer Delph over him but I think Cleverly would be a good signing and can't believe people are expecting more than England internationals in what should be just about the prime of their career.  Cleverly has also already proved himself as a quality player in this division.

Being linked to Scott Hogan now, the Brentford manager says he wants over 15m for him. Again as with the Callum Wilson link I'm not that arsed with the link, Rafa clearly likes 1 up top so I'm not too convinced that he'd go out and spend 15m getting a less prolific forward as backup when we have other needs (unless peoples assumptions about Mitro leaving are true).

I'm still hoping for central midfielders, wingers, or an attacking midfielder, to increase the creativity in the side and give us options for when teams look to stifle (so basically every game now). 

Being linked to Scott Hogan now, the Brentford manager says he wants over 15m for him. Again as with the Callum Wilson link I'm not that arsed with the link, Rafa clearly likes 1 up top so I'm not too convinced that he'd go out and spend 15m getting a less prolific forward as backup when we have other needs (unless peoples assumptions about Mitro leaving are true).

I'm still hoping for central midfielders, wingers, or an attacking midfielder, to increase the creativity in the side and give us options for when teams look to stifle (so basically every game now). 

If we're spending that kind of money, I'd prefer us to go for Hourihane to be honest.

Aye, when you see the price mention it all comes crashing down and it hurts inside.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He showed signs early on at West Ham but he seems like a right bellend, couldn't have played more than 15-20 games the last 2 seasons because of off the field issues. If HF's theory on Rafa being a disciplinarian is anywhere near correct Morrison wouldn't get near the pitch for us.

Edited by Howay

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic