The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a public figure, his public behaviour should fall under scrutiny.

Don't really think my question deserved his response, especially when his initial tweet was such a self righteous p.o.s.

Mapou out, Nastasic in?

I'd take that.

I don't think MYM has been given a fair crack & it's fairly senseless sending him out - even on loan - but I'd be happy enough with Nastasic.

I'd take that.

I don't think MYM has been given a fair crack & it's fairly senseless sending him out - even on loan - but I'd be happy enough with Nastasic.

Roma only paying 20% of his wage.

Seems a total waste to me.

I'd take that.

Though he knocked back West Ham and said he'd rather stay and fight for his place* if the deal isn't right. Not how we would offer anything better?

*money

Roma only paying 20% of his wage.

Seems a total waste to me.

And a fee I think. Still sounds weird like, including the fee we're probably still no better off!

If he goes we surely must get someone in but I have serious doubts.

Since the end of last season we've lost 7 members of the squad and we've brought 9 in with two of them going straight back out on loan and apparently that results in us having a full squad. So by that definition as of the end of last summer and as of January when Cabaye left and LDJ came in we had a full squad. I think that tells you everything you need to know about what this club is now all about.

Edited by David Kelly

Apparently we've made the enquiry for Nastasic, but so have Spurs and Arsenal... with them being interested, the only way I could see us getting him is if City consider us to be the least threatening of the three to their aims this season.

I hope Nastasic isn't our only option then, given that I can't really see why he'd come to us ahead of the others. And yes, it seems it is a loan deal we're talking about.

If we do get him, presumably we'd play him (unlike MYM), which would be a step up on where we are now.

I was under the impression It was a loan?

I'll be surprised if they let Yanga-Mbiwa go without signing a replacement.

nothing surprises me with the fuckwits in charge of the club

Apparently we've made the enquiry for Nastasic, but so have Spurs and Arsenal... with them being interested, the only way I could see us getting him is if City consider us to be the least threatening of the three to their aims this season.

I really can't see them loaning him out to Arsenal and likely not Spurs either.

If we do get him, presumably we'd play him (unlike MYM), which would be a step up on where we are now.

Given the pedigree Mbiwa had on arrival I wouldn't count on that like. A couple of mistakes early on and rock steady Stevie Taylor will usurp him.

so does the fact we're not getting a new striker mean the carroll money has been spent? well there was that significant investment in new bogs at the training ground, that'll pay for itself a few times over in years to come.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic