The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

But he wont ever look like he did that first 6 months man, it was a mental purple patch. I hope he can come round to being a serviceable premier league striker, that would chip in with 15 or so goals but in all honesty it hasn't looked likely for whatever reason it is.

The reason partly is he's had absolute shite service. I think the current set up would see him knocking them in.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he wont ever look like he did that first 6 months man, it was a mental purple patch. I hope he can come round to being a serviceable premier league striker, that would chip in with 15 or so goals but in all honesty it hasn't looked likely for whatever reason it is.

It takes time for the Pardcv618 virus to destroy the players attacking instincts. Word is the new version is airbourne...Watch Cabellers closely.

I'm not convinced we are going for Remy again, but it makes sense to wait for the waters to calm before going in again, surely? There's no point approaching QPR if they are still expecting Champions League clubs to come a-courting. Now that it appears nobody is willing to risk it for Remy apart from us, we could get him for less money, or a deal that is structured in a way that benefits us more than one that was built when it appeared as if Remy was off to the top table?

That would be my view. Also, he needs to be aware that there is no one else coming for him, before he would consider it anyway.

Why would he sign for us? We might be able to spin our bullshit to players from outside the PL but for a player based in London playing in the PL there is really no upside moving from one club with zero chance of CL football to another without a pay rise.

Why would he sign for us? We might be able to spin our bullshit to players from outside the PL but for a player based in London playing in the PL there is really no upside moving from one club with zero chance of CL football to another without a pay rise.

We'll finish above QPR in the league, outside chance of Europe. :dunno:

Mind he'd get more exposure if "his goals kept them up", I suppose?

Loic Remy has turned down a fresh Newcastle transfer bid and made clear he has no interest in moving to Newcastle.

Local media in West London report that United submitted a new offer for the former on-loan striker this week.

However, Loic Remy has this morning (Friday) rejected the Newcastle bid and reiterated that he will onl yleave Queens Park Rangers for a ‘Champions League’ club.

The forward’s preference is said to be either Arsenal or Chelsea but neither club have made an offer.

Fanks Loic

We'll finish above QPR in the league, outside chance of Europe. :dunno:

Mind he'd get more exposure if "his goals kept them up", I suppose?

I'm not sure he'll be that motivated to give a shit about the difference in finishing 10th or 15th plus the Europa League isn't much of an attraction to players, I'd imagine that more than a few actually view it as a chore, especially the group stages.

If we were gonna get a striker, we'd have signed one when we were getting players in that one week period earlier in he window when we signed Janmaat/Riviere etc. We never sign anyone on the last day or 2 of the transfer, the last few windows show that. Plus there's an international break straight after our next game for all the fan ranting to die down in time for our next game.

If we were gonna get a striker, we'd have signed one when we were getting players in that one week period earlier in he window when we signed Janmaat/Riviere etc. We never sign anyone on the last day or 2 of the transfer, the last few windows show that. Plus there's an international break straight after our next game for all the fan ranting to die down in time for our next game.

The last couple of windows showed that we don't sign anyone at any time!

It's so frustrating. We're 1 or 2 players from an excellent windo

It's Ashley's little joke he does it everytime lures you in then gives you a swift kick in the nuts.

Edited by trooper

Yes there is, the Remy bid mentioned on the previous page for one.

Just for show in my opinion. We need to have excuses for the next 6 months. The fact we're still going after Remy of all people shows just how seriously we're taking this. The fact he's turned us down again is just the slap on the face we deserved. Clearly Riviere was bought as our new main striker. Very very risky.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic