The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

... No

I'm saying that his previous appointment (Pardew) is the least I'm expecting.

Based on the fact that other that Pardew all Ashley has done is panic when appointing a manager?

That Pardew is an example of not panicing is hilarious in itself.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll see who's right soon enough.

But I don't understand how you can be so sure we're to employ someone who would risk the only thing Ashley gives a fuck about.

It's like you think he's doing shit to spite the fans, when it's Lear he couldn't give a fuck either way.

Well, we'll see who's right soon enough.

But I don't understand how you can be so sure we're to employ someone who would risk the only thing Ashley gives a fuck about.

It's like you think he's doing shit to spite the fans, when it's Lear he couldn't give a fuck either way.

Oh I think it's quite lear he likes to antagonise the fans. It's not his main aim but I'm certain he enjoys it.

I think he'll appoint someone who is a risk because (one or all of) it'll be cheaper, he likes a gamble or he's fucking clueless about what's really needed.

But my only real expectation is that it won't be someone who can move us any further forward than Pardew could. And that's nothing to be optimistic about. It's simply not good enough.

So your argument rests on the expectation that he will 100% repeat his previous mistakes?

I mean Christ, the only one out of those that I would call a genuine appointment is Pardew, the others were either born of panic or confidence that the accumulated points would be enough.

no, it's one facet of the argument. i can repeat all the points already made as to why holding out hope for a good manager is likely to end in disappointment, if you really need me to.

we'll see who is right. i hope it's you

Whoever they are planning to get won't fucking come anyway, they'll be hardballed down towards Burger King wages and rightly tell the cunting regime to fuck off. Carver will be plan B - Z

Ashley's preference seems to be for a British manager based on previous appointments. There's nothing there to suggest he'll appoint a foreign coach. I suspect we waited for the simple reason that Maclaren said he would only consider it at the end of the season. I don't think there's any other plan, which is typical of our lot.

Whoever they are planning to get won't fucking come anyway, they'll be hardballed down towards Burger King wages and rightly tell the cunting regime to fuck off. Carver will be plan B - Z

Yup, this is the reality we're accustomed to

To be clear, you think plan a is someone all right, but they won't come so we'll have John Carver as Head Coach next season?

Do you think that is what I think?

Well you say whoever is plan A we won't get (or rather they'll tell Ashley to fuck off) and all the other options are John Carver...

Well done trophyshy, that's the only way to deal with Fish's mindless optimism :D

Hasn't worked like.

Oh and it's not mindless.

Fish, is this going to go on until the end of the season? When do you go back to work?

I'm at work :lol:

I just can't let, what I see as, over-reactions lie.

But if it's pissing everyone off I'll try and post less, :dunno:

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic