The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

If we stay up, the new Head Coach should be looking at the likes of Adrian, Vlaar, Van Diijk, Redmond, Bolasie, Dier, Austin for next season.

Ashley should let the chief scout source players from all over the planet that are capable and committed to improving our 1st team, our bench and our squad, then Ashley should fund the purchase of those players. The Head Coach should be involved in those discussions but should, with his staff, be concentrating on establishing a core set of principles that run through the entire club so that if injury disaster strikes, the 4th choice left back already knows his role in the 1st team.

Buying from Britain isn't necessarily the solution.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Brad Jones is fucking tragic. There are a few on that list but I just worry about wages more than anything as with them being free transfers I'm sure they'd be wanting more than we'd offer, unless there's something wrong with them that makes them fail medicals at other clubs of course.

Aye Brad Jones is fucking tragic. There are a few on that list but I just worry about wages more than anything as with them being free transfers I'm sure they'd be wanting more than we'd offer, unless there's something wrong with them that makes them fail medicals at other clubs of course.

I'm not saying he's not fucking tragic but... are we saying that Elliot isn't? We seem to lose by at least 4 goals every time he's involved.

That said, if the thrust of the argument here is that we should get someone better than both of them, then yes I agree that would make sense.

Aye Elliot is dogshit but he'd probably want more money than Elliot. I definitely agree we need to upgrade the goalkeeping position as I think Krul needs to be pushed a bit more as you said earlier, hopefully Darlow can do some of that but from last I heard he wasn't great (I've not seen the lad play), I'd love to see the back of Elliot either way mind as I think he was a Pardew lackey and he seems like a total bellend.

We can start with the goalies but sadly we need to upgrade every part of the first team imo. We're reaping the bitter fruit of consistent underinvestment.

Ashley should let the chief scout source players from all over the planet that are capable and committed to improving our 1st team, our bench and our squad, then Ashley should fund the purchase of those players. The Head Coach should be involved in those discussions but should, with his staff, be concentrating on establishing a core set of principles that run through the entire club so that if injury disaster strikes, the 4th choice left back already knows his role in the 1st team.

Buying from Britain isn't necessarily the solution.

I agree with you in principle. However, Carr did recommend the likes of Obertan, Riviere, Williamson, Bigi, Elliot, Anita and Gouffran. If you buy from Britain the players will need much less time to settle in.

I agree with you in principle. However, Carr did recommend the likes of Obertan, Riviere, Williamson, Bigi, Elliot, Anita and Gouffran. If you buy from Britain the players will need much less time to settle in.

Widely accepted that Obertan and Elliot were Pardew signings isn't it?

Elliot definitely was at least, played under old Pards at Charlton.

Bigi is still only 21 and its still a bit confusing why, after a few tidy outings in the first team, he was very suddenly fucked off to nowhere.

Think of Carr as your mate from work, who knows all the best bars, restaurants and clubs. Ashley & Charnley are the fat moaning cows from HR that you have to invite along or they'll be pissy for years.

Graham can suggest all the Mexican streetfood pop-ups, the micro breweries and Swedish Acid Doomcore hotspots he likes, you're still ending up in Yates' wine lodge.

Think of Carr as your mate from work, who knows all the best bars, restaurants and clubs. Ashley & Charnley are the fat moaning cows from HR that you have to invite along or they'll be pissy for years.

Graham can suggest all the Mexican streetfood pop-ups, the micro breweries and Swedish Acid Doomcore hotspots he likes, you're still ending up in Yates' wine lodge.

:lol:

AUSTIN TO SAINTS OR TOON
It's been a while since English football has enjoyed an old-fashioned firesale, but Loftus Road might be the place to go for all your old junk this summer. That term is pretty accurate too - eight QPR players above the age of 30 are out of contract this summer.
As the club face the prospect of a serious Football League fine, all players are likely to be open to offers. Matty Phillips, Charlie Austin, Rob Green and Leroy Fer would surely be the four most in demand.
The Daily Mail muses on the future of Charlie Austin, claiming that the striker is wanted by Southampton and Newcastle. The Daily Telegraph mention a fee of £10m, which seems about right for q 25-year-old who has scored 17 Premier League goals this season.
The initial logic would suggest that Southampton is a far better option than Newcastle for a player, particularly as Austin hails from the South of England. That said, there must be an attraction to being Newcastle's new No. 9, the chance to make yourself a hero by dragging the club out of their current funk.

Sure. Why not.

We've been linked to him pretty often since Jan, if it was a toss up between those 2 he'd be nuts not to choose southampton though

a depressing indictment of how far we've fallen

Do you mean the calibre of player we're supposedly after, or that we are unlikely to compete with Southampton for signing said player?

I mean, isn't Austin an English striker with 17 league goals?

Do you mean the calibre of player we're supposedly after, or that we are unlikely to compete with Southampton for signing said player?

I mean, isn't Austin an English striker with 17 league goals?

the fact that he'd be a moron to choose us over southampton is depressing.

the fact that he'd be a moron to choose us over southampton is depressing.

I'd be amazed if we paid money for any English players that are ready for our first team.

Might pick up a couple of Home-Country youngsters, but most of the new players will come from Europe.

Widely accepted that Obertan and Elliot were Pardew signings isn't it?

Elliot definitely was at least, played under old Pards at Charlton.

Bigi is still only 21 and its still a bit confusing why, after a few tidy outings in the first team, he was very suddenly fucked off to nowhere.

Nowt wrong with Elliot tbf. Decent back up who doesn't mind warming the bench 95% of the season. Almwick showed what a properly shit keeper looks like

Alnwick showed what going to a local hipster band comp gig and picking someone out of the crowd then asking them to play keeper looks like.

fyp

Edited by sammynb

Celtic interested in Freddie Woodman so with a bit of luck we will get shot of his fatso father at the same time.

Celtic and Southampton by all accounts.

AUSTIN TO SAINTS OR TOON
It's been a while since English football has enjoyed an old-fashioned firesale, but Loftus Road might be the place to go for all your old junk this summer. That term is pretty accurate too - eight QPR players above the age of 30 are out of contract this summer.
As the club face the prospect of a serious Football League fine, all players are likely to be open to offers. Matty Phillips, Charlie Austin, Rob Green and Leroy Fer would surely be the four most in demand.
The Daily Mail muses on the future of Charlie Austin, claiming that the striker is wanted by Southampton and Newcastle. The Daily Telegraph mention a fee of £10m, which seems about right for q 25-year-old who has scored 17 Premier League goals this season.
The initial logic would suggest that Southampton is a far better option than Newcastle for a player, particularly as Austin hails from the South of England. That said, there must be an attraction to being Newcastle's new No. 9, the chance to make yourself a hero by dragging the club out of their current funk.

Sure. Why not.

One of the shittest possible runs on a squad ever :lol:, wish it was more like the Leeds one. I think Austin and Fer are about the only ones worth the bother but I completely agree that Austin would definitely pick Southampton over us. The other problem with these QPR players is they're all on fucking mental contracts, I think that Nedum Onhoua was on 50k or 60k a week so I cant imagine what a good player like Fer would be on.

That George Boyd from Burnley has looked a canny player anytime I've seen him play, I'm sure they'd try to keep him but maybe worth a bid.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic