The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I see Real Sociedad are being linked with Joel Campbell for 6m. We should be in there, that's the same we paid for Riviere the donkey, and Campbell is loads better going off his WC performances. Mitrovic/Austin, Cisse, Campbell and Riviere as backup would be a decent strike force.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Real Sociedad are being linked with Joel Campbell for 6m. We should be in there, that's the same we paid for Riviere the donkey, and Campbell is loads better going off his WC performances. Mitrovic/Austin, Cisse, Campbell and Riviere as backup would be a decent strike force.

He's not really built on his early promise though. Not saying Riviere is better, but frankly there are better options out there than Joel Campbell.

Reminds me of the coaches son who played in the same side as me for a few years. He'd get past people with ease but he'd have to beat them twice because he was slow as shit.

That was always Milners problem when he was playing as a winger

Rumours abound we're trying to sign Ever Banega.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/banega-newcastle-le-richieste-del-siviglia-704492

"Newcastle has set its sights on the Argentine midfielder Ever Banega, regenerated from the experience at Sevilla. The Andalusian company, however, urged 13 million euro, while the Magpies are ready to offer them 3 net per year - by signing a four - to South America."

Guessing it's wholly made up as;

• a he's another central midfielder
  • it's seems to be sources quoting sources
  • we generally pay up front for players don't we?

He was good on FM a few year back and was decent in a few games I saw him play when he was at Valencia but that's about the extent of my knowledge on him. Maybe he's being targeted as a replacement for Tiote? I think you're right though it seems a bit tenuous.

Wouldn't say he's anything like Tiote. Good player whenever I've seen him play although he's never really fulfilled his early promise. I don't think he'd be particularly well suited for the premiership either. And after signing Gini, I really can't believe we're putting any focus on another central midfielder. Striker, centreback and winger have got to be the priority now.

Wouldn't say he's anything like Tiote. Good player whenever I've seen him play although he's never really fulfilled his early promise. I don't think he'd be particularly well suited for the premiership either. And after signing Gini, I really can't believe we're putting any focus on another central midfielder. Striker, centreback and winger have got to be the priority now.

I just meant as a deeper CM rather than a direct replacement for whatever the fuck Tiote is these days. I agree that we need to focus on up front and defence more than accruing CM's, especially after last nights reminder of Iron Mike's lack of ability.

I just meant as a deeper CM rather than a direct replacement for whatever the fuck Tiote is these days. I agree that we need to focus on up front and defence more than accruing CM's, especially after last nights reminder of Iron Mike's lack of ability.

Aye he does sit deep your right there. I can't really ever think of another player in recent years who has played the same way as he does in our league. I guess Carrick would be as close as anyone.

I'm assuming Taylor and Colo weren't really ready to play last night because it must be as clear to McClaren as it is to the rest of us, just how bad Williamson is.

:lol: I'd hope after last nights shambles it is anyway.

Must say I can't remember much of Banega other than he sat slightly deep, has a slight similarity to a certain Hugo Viana (with the hair and that anyway) so if he does come I hope it turns out nowt like he did!

I'd hope so. I still don't think he'll be coming here anyway, I'm hoping to see more links to defenders tbh. It all seems to have gone quiet over Mitrovic as well.

A 27 year old centre midfielder for 12 million.

Doesn't sound like us, certainly isn't what we need. Could be someone we were looking before deciding on Wijnaldum?

I'll try again , 3rd time lucky.

Is this it lads? 1 "super signing" and then duck all else? Poor Gino's going to be gutted if he's the only one. I don't care about strikers or midfielders , we desperately need 2 CB's , Colo, Willo and Taylor just aren't good enough.

You don't care about strikers with our attack? I can't believe anyone would have that attitude with what we had to suffer last season. Totally agree we need at least one CB. I do think that we might get another year from Colo with someone good next him and then Taylor, Lascelles & Dummett as backup but I'd prefer two new starters. But a striker is just as essential.

Betting suspended on Austin today too, not because of the usual spread of bets but because of a few large bets all placed today. Allegedly

EDL Amy? That Colin knacker?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic