The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

His game is solely based on pace and power and if he can't be arsed (which he can't most of the time) he's useless. I suspect he'd be arsed even less in the championship and we'd see even less decent games from him.

I suppose if he were to end up somewhere like Arsenal then he might be more up for it so you might see the best of him more regularly. But I don't think the best of him is close to champions league standard. I watched Diame in the play off final and he looked twice the player Sissoko is.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good athlete but his attitude stinks. And his complete lack of football brain meant he never fulfilled his early promise as the next vieira

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/laughable-thinks-hes-good-enough-11438702#ICID=FB-Chron-main

If anyone can be arsed watch the 50 second video on there, the Chronicle really is a fucking joke.

Sissoko's career in numbers, I thought it would give something insightful like passing percentages, chances created etc. Instead it stated the date he arrived, the amount he arrived for, how many yellow and red cards he has, appearances and goals, a random "10m valuation" and the best bit:

"6 games he captaioned NUFC" do they bother proofreading? A fucking fanzine would be embarrassed with this shite.

His game is solely based on pace and power and if he can't be arsed (which he can't most of the time) he's useless. I suspect he'd be arsed even less in the championship and we'd see even less decent games from him.

I suppose if he were to end up somewhere like Arsenal then he might be more up for it so you might see the best of him more regularly. But I don't think the best of him is close to champions league standard. I watched Diame in the play off final and he looked twice the player Sissoko is.

That's what will definitely put any potential buyer off imo, you have to buy the bloke in the hope that he might be up for it. Honestly though as I say even on his good days he'd not up to standard, he'd never get a game over the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla, even Walcott, Chamberlain, and that Campbell lad are better. As you say his ability is purely based on the fact he's a good athlete, that's why he's at his level at a mid-table/relegation scrapping side, you can't be a CL level player if you're not also very good technically.

I agree Diame is better, I think he'd struggle to get into a lot of PL sides as most (including us in all honesty) can't afford to carry him on the hope of seeing one good game once in a while and the teams that can have blokes that are either better technically or turn up more often.

That's what will definitely put any potential buyer off imo, you have to buy the bloke in the hope that he might be up for it. Honestly though as I say even on his good days he'd not up to standard, he'd never get a game over the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla, even Walcott, Chamberlain, and that Campbell lad are better. As you say his ability is purely based on the fact he's a good athlete, that's why he's at his level at a mid-table/relegation scrapping side, you can't be a CL level player if you're not also very good technically.

I agree Diame is better, I think he'd struggle to get into a lot of PL sides as most (including us in all honesty) can't afford to carry him on the hope of seeing one good game once in a while and the teams that can have blokes that are either better technically or turn up more often.

I'll be interested to see who comes in for him. He's a player who gets talked up a lot by pundits who I can only assume only watch his highlight reel. If a club like Arsenal do come in for him it will tell you a lot about the level of scouting these clubs do.

I'll be interested to see who comes in for him. He's a player who gets talked up a lot by pundits who I can only assume only watch his highlight reel. If a club like Arsenal do come in for him it will tell you a lot about the level of scouting these clubs do.

Aye I remember a game of ours recently where a commentator talked about how gutted the Newcastle fans will be when Sissoko leaves, he's integral to the squad apparently, commentators always have their fingers on the pulse.

I remember that too :lol: Was the Spurs game I think? They clearly pay no attention whatsoever. Hopefully it's the same for everyone and not just us though.

I remember that too :lol: Was the Spurs game I think? They clearly pay no attention whatsoever. Hopefully it's the same for everyone and not just us though.

I think it was aye, he's a MoTD type player to be fair so I guess for people that never watch us he must be canny.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh good, a 'keeper. We're short on them. Only the 5 now. More 'Keepers than Centre Backs or Strikers. :lol:

Must surely mean Krul is off, maybe Elliott too?

Oh good, a 'keeper. We're short on them. Only the 5 now. More 'Keepers than Centre Backs or Strikers. :lol:

Must surely mean Krul is off, maybe Elliott too?

I really didn't think we would sign another goalkeeper tbh but yeah pretty much means Krul will be sold. Elliot won't be fit until until September? So I think him and Darlow will stay with Woodman going out on loan

4.5m is the cost apparently

Krul will be off surly and Elliot is crock for a while yet. So it's competition for Darlow?

Reckon he'll be quite pleased about it.

I can't remember... which one results in us not having a long-winded discussion? I'll take that one.

Me too, I hate discussions on a discussions board...

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic