The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

DK, according to reports the deal could be cash plus Ibe for Wijnaldum

I assumed it would end up being something to do with either him or Sissoko. Still if they're valuing Ibe at £15m that means less cash coming our way. Which is, of course, only a concern if we need it for signings.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he's looking to play a 4-3-3 with Perez/Gayle Mitrovic and Ibe?

Ritchie playing a more central role than he has been previously? He's not quick, by all accounts so he could shift into the centre?

I'd hoped we'd stopped signing players and then hoping to move them into an unfamilier position. Everything so far has seemed pretty well targeted at signing players who play in a position we need filling.

Not complaining tbh, just came out of nowhere. And @@The Fish said he wanted cover up front, so, you know, he gets what he asks for usually....

All I've ever asked for is a little love. :cry:

crazy money

I mean, I know we're half seriously saying teams should stump up north of £25m for a player who's only ever turned it on for the attention of the cameras and the big clubs, but Stones has done nowt thus far to say he's anything but another Jack Rodwell (different position, granted).

£53,000,000... you could 100% buy a better centre back for that and given that a club with their resources can buy the finished product and needn't gamble on potential, what's the benefit in the risk? Wouldn't you let him move to Spurs for £20-£25m, then, if he turns out to be class, go in with an eye-watering bid afterwards?

That's a big gamble on Stones considering his poor performances last year, that bad he had to sit on the bench for a while. His temperament and ability under pressure looks suspect, signing for Man City for that price will put all of that under the microscope.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Evertons squad looked looks useful on paper, I think most blamed last seasons issues on "the Iberian Alan Pardew" setting them up every week.

Agree though, Stones looked fuckin awful, about as good as Steven Taylor. Yes. That bad.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic