The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: £53m for Stones FFS! He's fucking pony man, I've seen nothing that makes me think he's anywhere near that tier of player. Barca got Umtiti for 21m and he's far better.

:lol: £53m for Stones FFS! He's fucking pony man, I've seen nothing that makes me think he's anywhere near that tier of player. Barca got Umtiti for 21m and he's far better.

The epitome of why this country and some of it's young players think they're the dogs bollocks when they have the odd good game early on. Hyperbole doesn't do the situation justice.

:lol:

The epitome of why this country and some of it's young players think they're the dogs bollocks when they have the odd good game early on. Hyperbole doesn't do the situation justice.

:lol:

Aye Jagielka was better than him last season imo. Everton will be laughing with 54m for him, with Koeman rumoured to be in for Koulibaly and Witsel they'll be in a much better position if they manage to pull that off than keeping Stones.

Is there any rumours about Janmaat leaving? Only about 3 weeks until we kick off the season and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of speculation about him, Essembee must be fuming.

Bournemouth signed Ibe (who we were linked with) for £15m.

Kante to Chelsea looks likely to complete soon too. £30m

Scored half the goals Armstrong did and has an attitude problem apparently. Would rather give Ulloa a 3 year deal

Played in midfield and outwide a fair few times tbf, he's does have an attitude problem mind and is a bit of a pisshead

All gone quiet on the transfer front. We are still 2 or 3 short imo, LB/AMF/CF. If Gouffran is still getting on the bench and Shelvey is our most creative midfielder there's something wrong!

Still need to ship out the likes of Riviere, Gouffran, Sammy, Vuckic etc

I must admit I've paid virtually no attention to football close season, but I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't had any really exciting signings. (Unless I've missed them).

I'm actually more worried about still having Sissoko, Anita, De Jong, Gouffran, Riviere and Sammy in the first team... and even then I'd prefer if we got rid of Janmaat and Tiote long term...

Well I would have thought Rafa would have got onto his many pals in the prem and taken some very exciting (not quite first team squad) players on loan.

Surely Man City, Arsenal etc must have their versions of Alan Armstrong etc that would benefit from a good season under Rafa.

Am not really disputing that there's some dead wood in the squad but for a change we've got a coach who can both improve players and the way the team plays as a whole. Let's see how some of them go at this level...

Well I would have thought Rafa would have got onto his many pals in the prem and taken some very exciting (not quite first team squad) players on loan.

Surely Man City, Arsenal etc must have their versions of Alan Armstrong etc that would benefit from a good season under Rafa.

I think short term loans would've been the way we'd have gone this season without Rafa, but he's building all aspects of the club for the future. Loans only really benefit the loaning clubs due to getting wages off the balance sheet. Loans from major premier league clubs nowadays almost certainly don't benefit the player or his host club. Definetly not both at the same time.

Adam.

Adam Armstrong.

And we have our own version of him to play rather than one of Arsenals or Man Citys.

Besides which you admit to knowing nothing about any teams/players outside of Newcastle and we're now a league below all of the attention, who are you expecting to come in that you can get excited about from a point of knowing anything about them rather than just believing some twitter hype?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic