The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

It's not a low blow at all and the ridiculous argument is yours. You're advocating bringing in loan signings who you don't know with the only justification seemingly being if we can only get them on loan they must be better players. I already stated in the Hayden thread that I'd prefer not to bring in loan players as it only benefits the parent club so no I wouldn't be particularly happy if we brought in loan signings. I'd only be happy about it if it brought in a quality player who's ready to walk straight into the team. Clubs don't loan those sort of players out to second tier teams though. They loan young kids they want you to develop or problem players. I don't see how it benefits us to bring in either.

For the record, Gayle doesn't massively excite me but I do think he's good enough to get 15 goals + this season. I'm also confident Mitro will score 20+. Neither of those players excite you but are more than capable in the league we are in. You only have to look at the records of players like Cameron Jerome, Abel Hernandez and Danny Murphy. In this league they've banged them in but they all have considerably worse records than our strikers in the premier league.

I advocated loan signings from top clubs and gave the example of Bamford at Boro. A first team regular who got them 17 goals. I don't know who the equivalent of "a Bamford" is this year.

As for Mitro and Gayle, I hope you are right, but as everyone goes on about this being a very tough league to get out of, I would be happier if we had a better quality striker come in before the season starts, either bought or on loan.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loan signings IMO only benefit teams lower down the league looking at strengthening their squad in terms of depth or teams in League 1 and below. We are a team that should be winning the Championship next season therefore we shouldnt be looking at short term buys, we need to be looking at players who can do a job in the Prem too. Maybe not first team but from the bench. IMO thats why Rafa has got the players he has. The players you're talking about CT are players clearly not making their mark in the 'top' teams. We have bought too many of them in the past and failed with them.

In Rafa I trust.

I advocated loan signings from top clubs and gave the example of Bamford at Boro. A first team regular who got them 17 goals. I don't know who the equivalent of "a Bamford" is this year.

As for Mitro and Gayle, I hope you are right, but as everyone goes on about this being a very tough league to get out of, I would be happier if we had a better quality striker come in before the season starts, either bought or on loan.

For Bamford I refer you back to the players I already mentioned. He's another who did well in the championship but did fuck all in the premier league. In fact he was behind Gayle in the pecking order at Palace. We basically already have better players than the types you are talking about.

For Bamford I refer you back to the players I already mentioned. He's another who did well in the championship but did fuck all in the premier league. In fact he was behind Gayle in the pecking order at Palace. We basically already have better players than the types you are talking about.

Aye, but does it excite you ;)

Gayle got 13 in 29 for Peterborough in the championship = not exciting, Bamford who got 17 in 39 = exciting. Also Bamford has been fucking diabolical at the PL level and Gayle has managed about 1 in 4 as a sub.

:lol: not at all, this is classic TT CT bating.

Difficult to know whether you believe this to be the case or if you're not as daft as you're making out. Erring towards the former tbh. You're arguing with people who know what they're talking about after already admitting (and taking some sort of perverse pride in the fact) you don't and claim it's just baiting when people argue with you? It's certainly 'classic' behaviour anyway.

Difficult to know whether you believe this to be the case or if you're not as daft as you're making out. Erring towards the former tbh. You're arguing with people who know what they're talking about after already admitting (and taking some sort of perverse pride in the fact) you don't and claim it's just baiting when people argue with you? It's certainly 'classic' behaviour anyway.

Give over :lol:

Not considering Dwight Gayle exciting and hoping Rafa could get a couple of decent loans from Arsenal or Man City doesn't quite warrant 3 pages.

Especially when others have said Rafa might "bolster the squad predominantly with season long loans. Makes no sense to buy for the championship", and nobody said boo. ;)

Not considering Dwight Gayle exciting and hoping Rafa could get a couple of decent loans from Arsenal or Man City doesn't quite warrant 3 pages.

Especially when others have said Rafa might "bolster the squad predominantly with season long loans. Makes no sense to buy for the championship", and nobody said boo. ;)

Like DK said

From them two clubs who would you suggest as a loan?

Who said this?

Like DK said

From them two clubs who would you suggest as a loan?

Like I've repeatedly said, how would I know?

Surely you or others who watch a lot of football know decent players at these teams who are unlikely to get a game but would walk into our team?

It's immaterial who said it.

If I'd said it however :lol:

You're right, it doesn't matter who said it as long as someone did, but I can't find anyone saying that.

Like I've repeatedly said, how would I know?

Surely you or others who watch a lot of football know decent players at these teams who are unlikely to get a game but would walk into our team?

There are more players that we could sign permanently that are improvements to our side from the wider world, than there are fringe players at top clubs who would join us on loan.

We'd be better off buying Che Adams than loaning Patrick Bamford. We'd be better off owning the Atletico Madrid fullback, than borrowing Spurs 4th choice fullback.

we're all out to get you, CT. it's nothing to do with you being on the wind up in 99% of your posts

I suppose the crux is that I'm unable to spot any wummary in hoping my team gets a better striker than Dwight Gayle or hoping Rafa could use his contacts and coaching credentials to persuade some quality none first team players from the top clubs to come here.

I'm sure you can point out what's wrong with the above hopes of a fan. I'll wait.

I suppose the crux is that I'm unable to spot any wummary in hoping my team gets a better striker than Dwight Gayle or hoping Rafa could use his contacts and coaching credentials to persuade some quality none first team players from the top clubs to come here.

I'm sure you can point out what's wrong with the above hopes of a fan. I'll wait.

'Quality none first team players'

:confused:

Well I did and I'm avoiding dragging that person into it. The point still stands.

I literally googled that phrase in Toontastic and it didn't return anything. I'd like to know the context of that assertion.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic