The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we spent what we earned that we would have had approximately £9m extra per annum over the last three years. Taking £50kpw wages for an extra player that would mean we'd have around £6m for transfers including agents and signing on fees. Would that really be enough to close the gap between us and the more successful clubs?

Maybe, maybe not, but borrowing the players that those clubs deem not good enough for them isn't going to close the gap either and if said players do improve us enough to close the gap, the parent club will just take said player back or at the very least increase their asking price, and we're back to square one.

Maybe, maybe not, but borrowing the players that those clubs deem not good enough for them isn't going to close the gap either and if said players do improve us enough to close the gap, the parent club will just take said player back or at the very least increase their asking price, and we're back to square one.

Well in that case as always the way forward is to spend it's the old saying "you have to speculate to accumulate".

Our friendly red and white neighbours have relied heavily on loans over the years and it's part of the reason why they seem to have 'overhauls' every other season.

Ironic as well that they cite stability by signing Pards up for 8 years then start bringing in first team players on short term loans.

It might do.

Chelsea clearly don't rate Lukaku yet, but he would definitely have got us closer to them if he'd joined us on loan and not Everton.

I'm not in favour of Loan Signings, I'm just not sure that's the reason I'm against them.

Ironic as well that they cite stability by signing Pards up for 8 years then start bringing in first team players on short term loans.

They spin us right round baby right round like a record baby round round round round.

It might do.

Chelsea clearly don't rate Lukaku yet, but he would definitely have got us closer to them if he'd joined us on loan and not Everton.

I'm not in favour of Loan Signings, I'm just not sure that's the reason I'm against them.

Agreed he would have, for a season. Then the gap widens again when they either take him back or his form increases his value/attracts interest elsewhere.

Even the Remy loan is shit on our part because we could have bought him for a reasonable price and tied him to a contract - and now our chances of getting him are slim to none imo.

Agreed he would have, for a season. Then the gap widens again when they either take him back or his form increases his value/attracts interest elsewhere.

Even the Remy loan is shit on our part because we could have bought him for a reasonable price and tied him to a contract - and now our chances of getting him are slim to none imo.

Perhaps. Or he catapults us into Europe where we can attract another 15-20 goal a season striker, and he goes to sit on the bench at Chelsea?

Look, I'd like us to spend £30m on players, but with a risk averse owner, that's highly unlikely.

Perhaps. Or he catapults us into Europe where we can attract another 15-20 goal a season striker, and he goes to sit on the bench at Chelsea?

Look, I'd like us to spend £30m on players, but with a risk averse owner, that's highly unlikely.

There isn't many Lukaku's and Remy's out there though. I'd be all for loans if there was. You're more likely to end up with a De Jong or a Bendtner

There isn't many Lukaku's and Remy's out there though. I'd be all for loans if there was. You're more likely to end up with a De Jong or a Bendtner

I wouldn't write De Jong off yet.

Still, overall this looks pretty encouraging for the club. 6 or 7 signings at least serves as an acknowledgement that action is needed. I'm wondering who is actually going to negotiate these deals though...?

I wouldn't write De Jong off yet.

I don't want to, honestly, but I refuse to let the FCB lower my expectations to the level where someone like him is anywhere near good enough for us. He might get a little bit better, but he hasn't got any stand-out attributes to get excited about has he?

Still, overall this looks pretty encouraging for the club. 6 or 7 signings at least serves as an acknowledgement that action is needed. I'm wondering who is actually going to negotiate these deals though...?

Howay man, it'll be 5 or 6 by the end of the season... there'll be a Ryan Taylor injury update on the official site alongside pictures of him doing some light jogging, then all of a sudden it'll be 4 or 5. Then approaching September Cabella will go to Southampton who we can't compete with because we've got a responsibility to be financially prudent but we'll still be hoping one or two come in by the end of the week. Then we'll sign De Jong for £2m and hopefully look to get one more in, fail and sell Santon because having 3 left backs means we sell the most valuable one.

I don't want to, honestly, but I refuse to let the FCB lower my expectations to the level where someone like him is anywhere near good enough for us. He might get a little bit better, but he hasn't got any stand-out attributes to get excited about has he?

I'm not sure, I think with proper set piece delivery and a decent central midfielder, we'd be seeing a lot more from him.

There aren't many Lukakus or Remys out there, though. I'd be all for loans if there were. You're more likely to end up with a De Jong or a Bendtner!

Jesus man, it's the first post on the page. Curses.

There aren't many Lukakus or Remys out there, though. I'd be all for loans if there were. You're more likely to end up with a De Jong or a Bendtner!

Jesus man, it's the first post on the page. Curses.

Sherlock+Is+A+Grammar+Nazi_d33478_352896

Howay man, it'll be 5 or 6 by the end of the season... there'll be a Ryan Taylor injury update on the official site alongside pictures of him doing some light jogging, then all of a sudden it'll be 4 or 5. Then approaching September Cabella will go to Southampton who we can't compete with because we've got a responsibility to be financially prudent but we'll still be hoping one or two come in by the end of the week. Then we'll sign De Jong for £2m and hopefully look to get one more in, fail and sell Santon because having 3 left backs means we sell the most valuable one.

Probably be worse than that. :lol:

When the ball was thrown in from the side line, that overhead kick that nearly scored the goal, was impressive. If Cisse stays at least they will keep each other company.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic