The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

We're a club with £129m of debt. One of the highest debts in the league. We don't need more debt. I slate him for doubling the debt, would be daft to slate him for not throwing more money in too.

Since our last financial figures were released we're likely to have seen our income increase by over one third yet we're not seeing that reflected in the investment in the team with just a £6.5m net spend since the new TV deal kicked in.

Cautious investment is a problem for me, along with the other issues you have mentioned. Either we have a hell of a rainy day fund saved up or Ashley is recalling some of his loan. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was the latter.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since our last financial figures were released we're likely to have seen our income increase by over one third yet we're not seeing that reflected in the investment in the team with just a £6.5m net spend since the new TV deal kicked in.

Cautious investment is a problem for me, along with the other issues you have mentioned. Either we have a hell of a rainy day fund saved up or Ashley is recalling some of his loan. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was the latter.

Yeah. Edited my post above. He's taking at least £18m out in the 13/14 accounts and the club will still turn a sizeable profit.

Anyone who wants rid of Ashley should be somewhat pleased about dwindling debt and persistent profits. Makes the club a much more attractive prospect to buyers.

Yeah. Edited my post above. He's taking at least £18m out in the 13/14 accounts and the club will still turn a sizeable profit.

Anyone who wants rid of Ashley should be somewhat pleased about dwindling debt and persistent profits. Makes the club a much more attractive prospect to buyers.

On the other hand, why would a business man sell a profitable company?

While it is profitable now there is always the real risk of relegation and the subsequent affect that will have on income and the value of the asset. Not too many clubs have ever been financially profitable for a sustained period of time and I don't think we'll be any different.

Wish he'd put it back up for sale shirley there must be a potential buyer somewhere. Someone who'll run it like a football club and not a cheap fucking sportswear advert.

It's always up for sale. There doesn't have to be an ebay listing for anyone looking to buy a PL club to make enquiries.

On the other hand, why would a business man sell a profitable company?

True dat.

There's also the google searches for "sports Direct" since Ashley bought the club....

BwhTkF1CQAAteN3.png

Why give up that publicity?

Out of interest, you previously mentioned many PL club owners converting their debt into equity, have there been any owners who have actually sought repayment of their debt?

No idea. Think repayment for most comes when they sell a club on a bigger tv deal than one they bought.

While it is profitable now there is always the real risk of relegation and the subsequent affect that will have on income and the value of the asset. Not too many clubs have ever been financially profitable for a sustained period of time and I don't think we'll be any different.

Exactly why he's keeping money in the war chest for January. Showed in 2013 he'll spend to avoid going down.

It's always up for sale. There doesn't have to be an ebay listing for anyone looking to buy a PL club to make enquiries.

True dat.

There's also the google searches for "sports Direct since Ashley bought the club....

BwhTkF1CQAAteN3.png

Why give up that publicity?

No idea. Think repayment for most comes when they sell a club on a bigger tv deal than one they bought.

Exactly why he's keeping money in the war chest for January. Showed in 2013 he'll spend to avoid going down.

I wish we could just pop down the local Billionaires club and try and tout for a buyer, as I can't see how we can force him out .

I would love him to bankroll us or even just got a good striker and CB in, however when the dust settles I think we'll be fine, I really do.

We are never happy with our lot and always have positions that are not fully covered. I'm sure we'll see a decent cb option arrive at Xmas.

Striker wise it's far too early to pass judgement on Riviere or Facundo. Then we have Cisse who with an early goal and less "selfish" play might hit another purple patch.

There's still hope.

I reckon Ashley's in for the long haul unless he gets a daft offer, which is pretty unlikely (given I think you could get an equivalent club - in terms of how they're perceived by foreign investors at least - for less). There's absolutely no reason for him to sell because he's steadily making money with the new TV money and so on. Factor in the worldwide exposure of his tawdry brand and that's another incentive to hang onto us. I've just accepted it now, to be honest. It's better than getting disappointed (take transfer deadline day, for example, I didn't even bother checking until this morning). And I think the squad being what it is (along with a start to the league season like last year being unlikely to say the least) there's a ready made excuse for not trying to progress in the cup competitions. Simon Bird got it spot on with his assessment about and the mackems fighting over 12th place (I'd probably take that now if you offered me it).

of a mid table finish :CT:

That's all it really is these days though Gloom. You've got six very wealthy clubs chasing 4 spots and then the rest of us basically. Each year just sees the gap widen.

Football is fucked. I'd like to have Alex,s approach but I can't. Sat glued all day yesterday and even checked this morning :lol:

Getting another CB, changing the manager, isn't going to change anything.

It's like when your Willy stops growing, you just have to make do.

CT, do you think you made a big enough tit of yourself last week playing the hardcore fan card?

And, before you answer, do you know what a rhetorical question is?

Tbh im not confident of 12 or 13 place. I honestly think we'll struggle this season because our defence is as leaky as fuck and its like starting every game 1-0 down without goals im the team. Add to that a poor manager and coaching team and it's going to be a long season. One which I wont be watching much of.

That's all it really is these days though Gloom. You've got six very wealthy clubs chasing 4 spots and then the rest of us basically. Each year just sees the gap widen.

Football is fucked. I'd like to have Alex,s approach but I can't. Sat glued all day yesterday and even checked this morning :lol:

that's just bollocks though. no one's talking about breaking into the top 4 overnight but we're not even trying. the owner is going out of his way to ensure we drift along, at best. we haven't reinvested the money we have made from tv and sponsorship deals or the money received from player transfers.

trying to defend the lack of player purchases in key areas where we're light because that's the way football is and there's no point is basically nonsense.

I would love him to bankroll us or even just got a good striker and CB in, however when the dust settles I think we'll be fine, I really do.

We are never happy with our lot and always have positions that are not fully covered. I'm sure we'll see a decent cb option arrive at Xmas.

Striker wise it's far too early to pass judgement on Riviere or Facundo. Then we have Cisse who with an early goal and less "selfish" play might hit another purple patch.

There's still hope.

:lol:

You're an idiot.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic