Ayoze Pérez

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'll save you a click, it's a piece by Louise Taylor.

Basically her story seems to be; Perez is one of the few players who has consistently been one of our better performers and might be attracting interest.

She manages to shoe horn in an Adam Johnson reference, and even finds it necessary to suggest it's possible Perez will reconnect with her beau Pardew.

I'm amazed she didn't manage to mention 6 in a row.

Compared to most of the drivel she writes thats not actually too bad. Where Matt Jansen or Adam Johnson or Perez ending up with Pardew at Palace fits in is anyones guess but questioning where he would get a game at Manure or Spurs is perectly valid. Not sure where she gets he's played lots out wide from like.

What happens with this kid shapes our next few seasons. If he goes it's mega money. If he stays he'll get better and better and, hopefully a new contract so we get top dollar when he does go. I was mortified by McClaren at the start of the season when he was benchwarming.

• 2 months later...

Exactly the sort of stuff we should be busy doing on deadline day.

Classic blow-softener. "We were unable to get the targets we wanted over the line but crucially Ayoze Perez, one of the club's brightest future stars has extended his stay on Tyneside by signing a new contract today."