Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow

Tooj

• 3 weeks later...

so happy for him. Like so many of the Ashley era players he was written off. Not considered good enough. And he and the coaching staff proved us all wrong. 

He’s deputised for Botman brilliantly, barely putting a foot wrong in this run of games. He’s obviously helped by the improved quality of player around him but he’s still lining up alongside Schar, and those two never looked this assured when they played together under Bruce. 

I hope he signs a new deal. He’s more than good enough as third/fourth choice CB. And crucially he is the right sort of character and the other players all respect him. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 10

He noticeably leaner since howe came in and its made him much less cumbersome than he was.

The value of training properly rather than constantly being left to your own devices while the boss goes on holiday mid-season.

• Like 7

Reading that it sums Ashley up. Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. What a fucking clueless cunt he was. The amount of morons who trotted out the line about him being a great businessman who ran the club in the correct manner too. I doubt he even made anything out of the club over the course of his ownership.

Also great stuff from Lascelles. He always seemed like a great lad with a top attitude but I doubt you’d have many people who thought he was good enough to be 4th choice central defender. It’s brilliant to see him proving so many of us wrong. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He noticeably leaner since howe came in and its made him much less cumbersome than he was.

The value of training properly rather than constantly being left to your own devices while the boss goes on holiday mid-season.

I’d mentioned previously how I thought he lost weight to the benefit of his game. He never looked fat but he looked like he’d bulked up with muscle he didn’t need. Like you say it seemed to make him slow and cumbersome. He’s a unit anyway, so like you say it pointed to a lack of a proper training regime tailored to his specific needs 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye he's been really good since he came back. He made a mistake or two at the weekend, but so did Thiago Silva. It happens and shouldn't take anything away from how well he's been playing.

even then I don’t think he’s made that many mistakes. I missed the game on Saturday but other than that there was one other game, can’t remember who it was against, where he lost his man behind him which led to a goal.

Other than that he’s been solid and reliable. His forward passing has noticeably improved, he seems more confident in possession, he’s more mobile, as others have already said,   plus he offers a threat in the box from set pieces. Probably the best of all our CBS receivers of getting his head to a cross. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

so happy for him. Like so many of the Ashley era players he was written off. Not considered good enough. And he and the coaching staff proved us all wrong. 

He’s deputised for Botman brilliantly, barely putting a foot wrong in this run of games. He’s obviously helped by the improved quality of player around him but he’s still lining up alongside Schar, and those two never looked this assured when they played together under Bruce. 

I hope he signs a new deal. He’s more than good enough as third/fourth choice CB. And crucially he is the right sort of character and the other players all respect him. 

Good that. He's definitely been better than I thought he'd be in Botman's absence. 

Mind, he does look like he's explaining how he's actually fine that she's happy with her new fella.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

This is why he's captain IMO. Never pissed and moaned about being out of the team, celebrated every win, worked hard on his own game, listened to the manager and has gave Howe a much tougher decision to make when Botman comes back. Seems like a really sound lad, with a really good head on his shoulders.

Lets also not forget his record breaking run of yellow cards late in games, in his trackies, as an unselected sub. King of the shithouses. Love him.

• Like 8

Just now, The Fish said:

Good that. He's definitely been better than I thought he'd be in Botman's absence. 

Mind, he does look like he's explaining how he's actually fine that she's happy with her new fella.

:lol:

tbf he probably would be fine, look at the bloke. He'd be drowning in flange within hours of a breakup. 

He's not like us mere mortals who'd be crying in a metro inn and tugging a depressing semi into the sink.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

He could go on a free at the end of the season. I’d give him another year or 2 on his contract if he is happy to fight for this place as fourth choice CB. He is obviously great around the club.  

I think that's probably a formality unless he wants to be starting more games. If he chooses to go he can go knowing with his stock the highest it's been in years. Mad to think he was apparently on the verge of joining Luton in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, Dazzler said:

I think that's probably a formality unless he wants to be starting more games. If he chooses to go he can go knowing with his stock the highest it's been in years. Mad to think he was apparently on the verge of joining Luton in the summer.

Wasn’t that Isaac Hayden?

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Wasn’t that Isaac Hayden?

Maybe it was both - I remember a deal between Luton and Hayden fell through but I am sure Lascelles was top of their wanted list early in the window. It was around about the time we were allegedly being begged to take Maguire from Man Utd.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He could go on a free at the end of the season. I’d give him another year or 2 on his contract if he is happy to fight for this place as fourth choice CB. He is obviously great around the club.  

I would give him a couple of years for sure.

1 minute ago, RobinRobin said:

What does the Missus think? 🙂 

"I can't wait for Wyki to go out so I can wave at the man in the little boat to my fanfic of Jamaal and Callum."

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

crop-1304044.jpg

That's a good photo of the crown prince of shithouse (house of shit?).

He needs to up his game to get bookings when not even on the pitch. If you aren't getting booked during a warm up then you have no business on the throne IMO.

13e3b6ddf4e1b588d1ba2847c42f26814f375cfb.gifv

• Haha 3