Villa (A)

ClubSpinDoctor

Well I don't see it as 2 goalless games, I see a continuation of last seasons toothless shitness. And my faith in Pardew is zero. Literally. Even in preseason we were generally struggling for goals.

Relegation battle?

honestly?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we were all aware if we didn't get a Tier 1 striker there could be problems.

Btw the reason Cabellars slows it down is that he has to wait for support with only one tightly marked striker in the box.

Relegation battle?

honestly?

Second half of the season was relegation form. We've lost 2 of our better players from a relegation team form. Remy's goals definitely haven't been replaced, that could land us in trouble. I'm not saying it's nailed on. But if we go into an early season slump, do you have faith in Pardew to turn it round?

Little bit of an over reaction after 2 games non?

Cabellars and Siem will take time to adjust to the pace of the PL and so on...We can start the doom and gloom after 6/7 games if nothing changes. Football changes very quickly. The Cabella and Siem chances were actually harder to miss.. :lol:

Think last week was a record for the number of debutants for us and that was excluding De Jong. It'll obviously take a while for them all to gel / adapt.

Think we were all aware if we didn't get a Tier 1 striker there could be problems.

Btw the reason Cabellars slows it down is that he has to wait for support with only one tightly marked striker in the box.

Na he even did it a couple of times when we were breaking today, Villa were on the back foot and we were surging forward on the counter and he would pull it back and slow it down, allowing Villa's players chance to get back.

Na he even did it a couple of times when we were breaking today, Villa were on the back foot and we were surging forward on the counter and he would pull it back and slow it down, allowing Villa's players chance to get back.

I'm as disappointed as you mate...If you check my pre-match comments...I agree Cabellars is a little in love with himself and maybe not in a good way like Hatem who takes risks and runs through defences for fun. Gouffran is the touchstone of the Pardew nonsense...Runs around a lot and err runs around a lot.

Gouffran is completely ineffective in his favoured positions (out wide and up front) so Pardew decides to put him in central midfield rather than drop him :lol: You couldn't make it up with Pardew tbh. The problem I have with bedding in players is that I don't trust Pardew to do it and change the style to suit the players. He'll shoe-horn them into his system which is completely ineffective and has been for 2 years now, a brief period with an inspired Cabaye aside. And that was the issue with today's game; aye, the players need to settle (and that's a valid point) but it was the same style and set-up we had last year and he's going to have Cabella out wide, Sissoko out wide, an isolated striker up top, a lot of hoofing, no movement etc. It just doesn't work.

Cabella needs to toughen up as well. He'll be identified as a creative, tricky player and defenders will clatter him about. There's no point staying down and whinging about it.

:D

Don't be shy man, say what you really think.

:lol: Aye that was just before I boarded my flight today so was a bit cranky. Seeing the result upon landing has done little to lift my mood, bunch of bastards.

I'm bordering on couldn't give a fuck anymore.

No, really? :lol:

Mind you're spending a lot of time posting , not giving a fuck anymore ;)

Bit like Ant. 1 post to tell us he wasn't watching the match and 2 or 3 post match comments to tell us how he didn't watch the match.

Bit like Ant. 1 post to tell us he wasn't watching the match and 2 or 3 post match comments to tell us how he didn't watch the match.

:lol:

Last season, we lost our first game 4-0, and followed it up with a turgid 0-0 at home to West Ham. Plenty of people were crying 'relegation' then, too. What makes it all the funnier, is that these same people will be the ones who talked with excitement about our new signings, boldly stating that they'd need time to settle and they wouldn't write them off after two games. Well...

Yesterday wasn't even that bad. We looked compact, solid, and exactly like a team with a load of new players, individually trying to impress. The need for an out and out goalscorer is painfully obvious, but we're not getting one. The hope is that De Jong transforms our attacking play, and at least one of our gambles finds some form. Pleasingly, he did look a class above in terms of composure and link up play when he did come on. Cabella will settle, he looks incredibly tense at the minute, but he's a young lad dealing with an incredible weight of expectation.

We won't be pulling up any trees this season, but we'll be comfortably top half.

Think it's a lot more than the need for an out and out goalscorer, but the lack of any sort of attacking fluidity and ability as a team to create chances for whoever is our centre forward.

Two pretty average teams TBH

No-one on our side looked as if they could hit a barn door - we showed some decent passing touches mind

They need to learn that banging long high balls into a defence that has shown in the first 15 minutes that they have it under control is a waste of time

Sisoko was always a handful but Villa hardly played for a win - if you are going to play counter attacking football you need pace and decent balls over the top - they had neither TBH

I counted a total of three saves from BOTh 'keepers

The ref had a bad gane - he got a lot wrong for both teams but Wiliamson should have had a straight red for that tackle late itneh game - it was a real horror.

I've been to Villa a lot over the years to see us play but it was eerie yesterday - sitting high up in the Trinity Road stand there were thousands of empty seats behing us and there were large gaps even in the Holte End - never seen that in 40 years

Fair play tho - they all rose for the 17 minute tribute - not soemthing you'd have seen at some other places I can think of

No, really? :lol:

Mind you're spending a lot of time posting , not giving a fuck anymore ;)

I know I don't really care that much any more and I think it's a failry common sentiment, judging by people I know who've stopped going and the views they express. I think it's Ashley's biggest crime. You could argue expectations have been just as low (or lower) in the past and we've certainly had worse sides but I can't ever remember so much much apathy towards the club. We're a boring, nothing of a club with a very conservative outlook and a dull nonentity of a manager, so it should hardly come as a shock that people are being turned off.

I know I don't really care that much any more and I think it's a failry common sentiment, judging by people I know who've stopped going and the views they express. I think it's Ashley's biggest crime. You could argue expectations have been just as low (or lower) in the past and we've certainly had worse sides but I can't ever remember so much much apathy towards the club. We're a boring, nothing of a club with a very conservative outlook and a dull nonentity of a manager, so it should hardly come as a shock that people are being turned off.

I think in the past, the apathy wasn't shared anywhere near it is these days with 24/7 online moaning.

Add to that (as I've said before), anyone of a certain age who started supporting around the Keegan onwards era have had a big downward spiral for the last 10 years.

Dull nonenity/Deplorable cunt. You say potato I say tomato. I gave my season ticket up a couple of seasons ago now CT, so if posting a lot in a match thread is as big a display of caring as arranging my life around our home games to travel 35 miles to SJP for our home games then sure CT, I still give a fuck. I give a fuck about the plight of the club's ownership and it's policies, but results/failure to score etc what's the point in caring? If we do well and I get happy, I get made unhappy again because we fail to build upon it and dismantle the winning formula. The football side of things I've got a blasé attitude towards, so if a shit result happens to give weight to an argument I might have made about the club's policies then I don't mind bringing that up. That's not because I'm happy with the shit result, it's because I'm not happy at how fickle some people were over the summer, because we signed loads of bodies. Credit where it's due etc was being trotted out. Minimal credit was due. We lost Remy, and Fulham spent more on strikers than us in the summer.