Villa (A)

ClubSpinDoctor

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't sign a striker in the next 9 days, this lot have got relegation battle written all over them. Don't look like they've got goals in them at all.

We've played some good stuff in the two games but lack any cutting edge up top. De Jong should have buried that chance.

No, bringing up our pervasive negativity under Pardew is "panicking" apparently. Villa's fault the game was so boring.

Come off it man, Villa were barely even on the pitch. Any decent team would've swept them away. We couldn't sweep a chimney.

I believe Pardew has the tactics right. In fact, I think they should play MORE balls into Williamson in the box and pass it back to him so he can create even MORE. You can't argue with our goal scoring and goal creating statistics over the past few years, so the gaffer has it right. :thumbup:

Cabella is going to get kicked to fuck every game. It also looks like we've paid £12mil for someone who plays pretty much exactly the same as Ben Arfa. Rivière looks canny but it helps if someone passes the ball to him. Sissoko and Anita both pretty shit again too

Cabella is going to get kicked to fuck every game. It also looks like we've paid £12mil for someone who plays pretty much exactly the same as Ben Arfa. Rivière looks canny but it helps if someone passes the ball to him. Sissoko and Anita both pretty shit again too

Ben Arfa explodes/penetrates where Cabella slows play down (too often for me) and tries to be more delicate/cute. He's done nothing other than show he's an alright dribbler to suggest they're similar.

Mr. Pardoo.......... Riviere as a lone striker is like promoting a used box of spent matches. Not sure he can light a fire anyway.

Mr. Pardoo..........Saylor or Mbiwa next week. Willo settled that for you thank heavens.

Mr. Pardoo...........When will you see that Haidara is better than Dumbitt.

Mr. Pardoo...........Thank you for not playing your boyfriend Obertan.

I'll take the point, it's better than getting nowt which we could have well done.

We had nothing in the way of attacking fullbacks although Janmaat came closest to scoring.

Cabella was extremely disappointing after last weeks display. Wasn't sparking anything.

Anita is too lightweight.

Had enough possession to win but were toothless going forward.

Take Colo and Krul off the pitch and Willo will be at a loss for someone to pass to.

Good to see DeJong on the pitch.

Lot of my hope is resting on Ferreyra

Perez aside, I think the player's we've signed either improve the first team or (in Janmaat's case) are like for like replacements. I see the signing of Cabella and De Jong as a dilution of the influence Cabaye had. When he left we were screwed but if one of those players is out for a while we're not suddenly looking to Anita for our creative spark.

Changed your tune quickly :razz:

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

Ben Arfa explodes/penetrates where Cabella slows play down (too often for me) and tries to be more delicate/cute. He's done nothing other than show he's an alright dribbler to suggest they're similar.

Hatem starting on the other side and not the Gouff would make a huge difference. Cabella seems to take an age on the ball and then does nowt dangerous. He played one good through ball first half. Riviere need to score against Palace or he's going to start losing confidence.

Edited by Park Life