Stoke City v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy days are NOT here again.

If there was ever a game we should have won this was it.....especially in the first half when we dominated the play.

Colo's feet never left the ground when Crouch scored over him.

If Cisse had started it may have been a different story.

Pardew has no clue.

Sissoko worked his arse off but he gave away so many balls.

Cabella is too lightweight, accomplishes little, and is not living up to his credentials.

Gouffran was anonymous for most of his time on the pitch.

Willo was rubbish, bring back Saylor.

Tiote played his heart out and had a very good game.

Colback played well too even though he missed a sitter that would have earned us a point.

Dummett........still think Haidara should be starting.

Credit to Obertan, put some dangerous crosses in.

Janmaat was OK but he lacks pace which sometimes accounts for his fouls.

Pardew got it wrong again, he has to go!!

We need a new approach, fresh ideas. A kick up the arse. There's scope to turn it around but we need a spring clean.

Agreed. I think the longer Pardew clings on the harder it is for the next manager to turn things around. Hes Pardewing all the new recruits and ingraining a losing mentality the longer he's there. Carver and Stone need to go too imo.

Agreed. I think the longer Pardew clings on the harder it is for the next manager to turn things around. Hes Pardewing all the new recruits and ingraining a losing mentality the longer he's there. Carver and Stone need to go too imo.

Carver will probably be caretaker until Christmas man :lol:

The Cisse sub btw :lol: Riviere needs someone with him so what does he do? Take him off, ruin his confidence, throw an unfit Cisse on and change none of our tactics whatsoever. You honestly couldn't make up that level of incompetence.

For me, this is one of his main failings. An utter inability to think outside of his very limited system. If he could attempt to justify just once, maybe it'd make sense on some level - like his chihuahua was once run over by an ardent proponent of the midfield diamond or something. It's the fact that it's totally unexplained that really gets to me and makes him look all the more stupid. Why do reporters never ask things like "Why are you insisting on having a lone striker up front when it clearly isn't working?"

Possibly the most dejected I've seen Pardew look recently mind, didn't seem confident of his position at all. Hopefully that bodes well, although no doubt he'll be sat in the dugout against Swansea wasting more of our season.

Manager reaction

Stoke 1-0 Newcastle

Posted at

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew speaking to Sky Sports: "I think we'll have some serious conversations [with owner Mike Ashley] because he doesn't want to lose and neither to do I. I'm here to lead the team. I've never a really been in this situation before but I'm a football manager, that's what I do and will continue to do.

"It's slight margins in the game but another defeat. We can't keep getting beat and we'll have to address that.

"It's been our problem for most of the season, we've got to find a little bit more quality. Our delivery and method let us down. We did a bit more when we had width in the team and we might need to take a couple of changes to give us some thrust."

If he wants width why does he start with the limited Dummett and right footed Gouffran on the left. And natural centre mid Sissoko, who always ends up tucking in on the right. The only player that naturally adds width is Janmaat but he is instructed to stay back most of the time so that's that idea fucked also.