Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, they're queuing up to work for ashley.

Christ almighty, of course there are managers who want to work for Newcastle United, even if Mike Ashley is the owner. Dear god man, how do you get by?

There are 92 league clubs in England alone, but of course none of those would want to work for Ashley. Of course all the coaches on the continent (who regularly operate in a system where they haven't control of transfers) would baulk at the idea of doing the same thing in the Premier League. There's no managers on the planet willing to work under these restrictions, we'll have to make do with John Carver until Simon Tweddle is old enough to take over. After him... well fuck it'll probably be Charnley or that Wendy woman from Wonga. :lol:

Behave yourself man, Newcastle isn't the poisoned chalice you're making it out to be. Despite selling our best player there's still a very good squad, despite not having stated ambitions there's still the opportunity for success.

I just cannot fathom how you, an informed football fan, could think Newcastle United isn't a massive draw for managers. I'm not expecting Jose Mourinho to leave Chelsea to take up the reins, but to suggest Galtier wouldn't be keen is madness. Then there's your assertion that Ashley definitely doesn't want a talented young manager.

As far as you know this afternoon we'll announce De Boer is taking over at the end of the season. Ashley may have been presented a list of eminently capable young managers and going through them with Charnley now? I'm not saying he definitely has, but I'm not going to rule out any good manager ever taking control of coaching at Newcastle United under Ashley... it's just a bit petulant, isn't it?

I think the article makes a different point to the headline, Garside is spot on with his assessment of the club. However, he and his sub editor have managed to make a spurious point by using a manager as average as Pulis refusing to speak to us, which would only actually count for something if he'd been offered the fuckin job, which he hasn't.

Christ almighty, of course there are managers who want to work for Newcastle United, even if Mike Ashley is the owner. Dear god man, how do you get by?

There are 92 league clubs in England alone, but of course none of those would want to work for Ashley. Of course all the coaches on the continent (who regularly operate in a system where they haven't control of transfers) would baulk at the idea of doing the same thing in the Premier League. There's no managers on the planet willing to work under these restrictions, we'll have to make do with John Carver until Simon Tweddle is old enough to take over. After him... well fuck it'll probably be Charnley or that Wendy woman from Wonga. :lol:

Behave yourself man, Newcastle isn't the poisoned chalice you're making it out to be. Despite selling our best player there's still a very good squad, despite not having stated ambitions there's still the opportunity for success.

I just cannot fathom how you, an informed football fan, could think Newcastle United isn't a massive draw for managers. I'm not expecting Jose Mourinho to leave Chelsea to take up the reins, but to suggest Galtier wouldn't be keen is madness. Then there's your assertion that Ashley definitely doesn't want a talented young manager.

As far as you know this afternoon we'll announce De Boer is taking over at the end of the season. Ashley may have been presented a list of eminently capable young managers and going through them with Charnley now? I'm not saying he definitely has, but I'm not going to rule out any good manager ever taking control of coaching at Newcastle United under Ashley... it's just a bit petulant, isn't it?[/quote

Loads of managers will want to work for Ashley but many of them would fit Ashley's criteria?

I agree there are many possible managers, better than Pardew, who would desire working with the team, even with the current transfer policy. The problem might be as simple as Ashley the person, who seems to be the very definition of a sociopath. The way he negotiate contracts, the terms and conditions he sets up, probably like a criminal. Just in general the way he comes across as human scum, gladly objectifying even his most valuable employees for the tiniest bit of profit. A soulless creature with absolutely no intention of building a decent social relationship. Sorry, my English isn't the best to describe Ashley.

There will be fewer.

But still sufficient to form a healthy queue

you're living in dreamland fish.

there should be a queue of good managers queuing up to manage us because of the club's obvious potential. in reality there isn't because of the clear restrictions facing any manager will face in working for the fat cunt.

and ashley is unlikely to appoint any of the names you suggest could come to us. in fact if he does, i'll show my arse in fenwick's window, cheeks splayed.

It's of course entirely up to Ashley himself, is he willing to change, can he not fuck things up with every person he meets on his way for once, can he prove to people he's become a better human, a better owner, someone you can trust? I seriously doubt it, but this is up to the man himself.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

you're living in dreamland fish.

there should be a queue of good managers queuing up to manage us because of the club's obvious potential. in reality there isn't because of the clear restrictions facing any manager will face in working for the fat cunt.

and ashley is unlikely to appoint any of the names you suggest could come to us. in fact if he does, i'll show my arse in fenwick's window, cheeks splayed.

Right, so who will we get then? You're suggesting we'll not get anyone who is good, so that leaves someone who's shit? why would Ashley risk the only thing he cares about? That's bonkers logic.

Given your propensity to be pessimistic, couldn't it be the case that you're letting your negative outlook cloud reason?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Carver tbh. Despite how badly his 'interview' went.

I reckon it'll be Carver til the summer.

Right, so who will we get then? You're suggesting we'll not get anyone who is good, so that leaves someone who's shit? why would Ashley risk the only thing he cares about? That's bonkers logic.

Given your propensity to be pessimistic, couldn't it be the case that you're letting your negative outlook cloud reason?

honestly, i'm being realistic here, not overly pessimistic. my opinion is based on ashley's previous appointments. what's yours based on? blind hope, it seems, rather than reality.

i think we'll get someone shit. someone cheap like carver, who may or may not surprise us all and achieve some success, like hughton did when he took a punt on him. i suspect with carver it'll be the latter.

or a walking doormat, desperate for work, in the kinnear/pardew mould. alan curbishley, nigel worthington or someone equally uninspiring.

at the more optimistic end we may end up with glenn hoddle, steve mclaren or someone. i doubt it'll be an exciting young up and coming foreign coach you crave though, mainly because ashley has never made that kind of appointment before. i will more than happy for you to do a club spin doctor if you're right and bleat about how wrong i got it. i just don't see it happening.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Mines is based on reasonable hope. To be clear I never said we were definitely getting De Boer or whomever, but we've certainly been linked with Galtier for some time and that kind of appointment ticks all of Ashley's boxes; cheap, probably keep us up.

To say that there wouldn't be a queue of managers wanting to take over is mental. I don't care if Abu Hamza owns the club, we're still a huge opportunity.

He hasn't made that kind of appointment before but that's no guarantee that he won't this time.

I reality we need around 15 points max to stay up, Ashley will believe Carver can achieve that.

Aye but I can't see Carver given the job full time unless he does better than 10th, which I can't see happening.