January Transfers 2015

salsaman7

Aye but that wouldn't have lasted would it. In general it would have just been called St James' Park by most.

What do you mean? People would have stopped referring to it as Sports Direct blah blah? Yeah maybe, but by then it's achieved it's goal. Sports Direct is more firmly established as a brand.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? People would have stopped referring to it as Sports Direct blah blah? Yeah maybe, but by then it's achieved it's goal. Sports Direct is more firmly established as a brand.

That was what I meant. I don't really see a couple of months of people talking about it in the way you said establishing Sports Direct as brand though. I'm no marketing expert like.

That was what I meant. I don't really see a couple of months of people talking about it in the way you said establishing Sports Direct as brand though. I'm no marketing expert like.

Think it's safe to say, neither am I :)

While I don't think Mbiwa was used correctly (and then when he was, and performed well, he was unfairly dropped) I think both players are better suited to playing in Italy.

While I don't think Mbiwa was used correctly (and then when he was, and performed well, he was unfairly dropped) I think both players are better suited to playing in Italy.

I'd agree with that, and I think a similar case could be made for a number of our foreign imports, but I think we could/should have made a lot better use of them when we had them.

Failing of our coaches not the player imo

Mbiwa wanted to leave the club. He wasn't happy.

Saw him in Uno's Trattoria down the quayside about a year and a half ago. It was about 6p.m and he came in on his own. I've never seen someone look as sad as he did over a steaming bowl of minestrone soup.

Linked with a summer move for Andre Ayew this morning, just a day or two after he revealed that marseille are in big financial trouble and aren't paying players.

Good player though, would like to see him here.

Mbiwa wanted to leave the club. He wasn't happy.

He wasn't happy because Mike Williamson was being picked in front of him. It's not as though Mbiwa was being difficult. He wanted to play and thought he deserved to be picked ahead of that fucking useless oaf.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/newcastle-make-pre-contract-offer-winger-reports/

Newcastle make pre-contract offer to winger – Reports

Newcastle United are reported to have made a pre-contract offer to Andre Ayew, signing on fee of £2m and £1.5m wages per year after tax.

andre-ayew-marseille-newcastle-united-nu
1 min ago by Graham Porter

Newcastle United have made a pre-contract offer to Andre Ayew, with a signing on fee of around £2m and £1.5m wages per year after tax, according to Le10Sport in France.

They are reporting the story as an exclusive and say that both Newcastle and Wolfsburg have both made similar offers for the player who is out of contract in the summer.

United have long been linked with the Marseille player who looks certain to move as the French club won’t pay the wages he is looking for.

Scoring 6 goals in 19 Ligue 1 appearances this season, Ayew was also one of the stars of the African Cup of Nations this year. He played in all 6 Ghana matches and scored 3 goals.

Newcastle and Wolfsburg could both have been trumped though by AS Roma, with Le10Sport saying that the Italian club have come in with their own offer today which their sources say is highest of the three deals on the table…so far.

One other club who have been repeatedly linked with Andrew Ayew are Tottenham and they are reported to be the player’s first choice if they come through with a suitable offer.

In any situation such as this where a bidding war ensues, it is hard to see Newcastle winning out under Mike Ashley’s tight grip, plus of course the problem of convincing the 25 year old that the club has ambition

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/newcastle-make-pre-contract-offer-winger-reports/#sthash.Wd6HfPD1.dpuf

• 2 weeks later...

So we're linked with Andreas Beck. Who is a right back.

One of our best performers this season is our right back.

Bullshit story?

Janmaat's off?

We're signing depth?

:lol: this fucking club man,