John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

I said on NO yesterday that I think he's borderline mentally ill. He's moving from delusion over to psychosis. He hasn't the mental capacity to understand what is happening and the state of stress and confusion the last few weeks show all the signs of breaking him. Probably live on telly.

:munch:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to sack him and give the job to someone with a half a clue about coaching and the experience to garner some respect from our cuntish players. It's our only hope.

Shame the owners can't sack themselves in the process

:lol: deserve everything they get now.

Carver should do the honorable thing and walk. What's the point in continuing to work somewhere where you have no influence and no one listens to you?

http://mobile.nufc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=4690482

A club statement following Newcastle United's defeat at Leicester City on Saturday

Following the result at Leicester City on Saturday, there has been two days of frank dialogue with John Carver and senior players.

The outcome of those discussions is that the board, John Carver , his staff and players are absolutely focused on our current situation and the three hugely-important fixtures that remain this season, two of which are at St. James' Park.

All parties accept responsibility for the current situation but are determined, together, to ensure this Club - your Club - retains its Premier League status.

That is the only focus at this time.

Blah blah blah.

I reckon McClaren said no so they've sat John down and told him he's staying in charge. I imagine John's head hit the table in frustration before he said "whatava gorra do man Lee?" Before tearing up. His statement about no one listening to him screamed of a bloke wanting the sack.

There's no one possessing even the merest titter of wit that would come in to this fuckin shambles with 3 games to go. We're fuckin toxic, the whole football world knows it too. Christ knows who were getting in the summer regardless of what division were in.

This is a sad state of affairs the whole football side of the club is in total disarray. Team mates against each other, the manager publicly digging players out. The manager that far out of his depth he's virtually begging to be sacked just been told he's staying on. Just when you think things can't get worse something else happens.

Reminds is of when we had Shearer in charge and had 3 of the easiest home games for a run in you could wish for (Boro, Portsmouth and Fulham). We only picked up 4 points and pretty much sent us down. Now we have 3 of the easiest games we could hope for but now we'll get nowt as we have a man with a face like a battered tin of corned beef in charge and no players who can perform against the worst standard of opponent.

I said on NO yesterday that I think he's borderline mentally ill. He's moving from delusion over to psychosis. He hasn't the mental capacity to understand what is happening and the state of stress and confusion the last few weeks show all the signs of breaking him. Probably live on telly.

Aye I don't know if he'll actually end up fully breaking down, but it's pretty clear that he isn't mentally equipped for the pressure that he's being placed under. He's barely making sense in interviews at the minute. It's perfectly realistic that he could end up having a breakdown and if he does I hope he takes the club for every penny, because those above him should be taking this decision out of his hands. They must be able to see the strain he's under, I can't imagine he's making any more sense in behind-closed-doors conversations, and yet they're happy for every square inch of the pressure to fall on his shoulders. It's a disgraceful way to run a business.

:lol: deserve everything they get now.

Carver should do the honorable thing and walk. What's the point in continuing to work somewhere where you have no influence and no one listens to you?

There's nowt honourable about voluntarily not being able to make your mortgage payment or support your family. You can't expect the bloke to walk. He either needs paying off or he needs putting back on the coaching staff and a proper manager bringing in. But nobody should expect him to voluntarily make himself unemployed, particularly when the last couple of months have made him look borderline unemployable.

We can all have a laugh and take the piss out of some of the absurd shit he's coming out with, but NONE of the blame for Carver being in the job should fall on his shoulders and we shouldn't be looking to him to fix it by walking away from his livelihood. He's being more fucked by the club than anyone else at the minute.

That statement is a fucking disgrace btw. "Two days of frank dialogue." Well I hope whoever's voice that statement is supposed to represent was on the receiving end of most of it, cos the non-football management of this club have spent the last however many years undermining everything to do with the playing side of it. Well it's time to reap what you sow, arseholes. Have your frank dialogue in front of a mirror.

Aye I don't know if he'll actually end up fully breaking down, but it's pretty clear that he isn't mentally equipped for the pressure that he's being placed under. He's barely making sense in interviews at the minute. It's perfectly realistic that he could end up having a breakdown and if he does I hope he takes the club for every penny, because those above him should be taking this decision out of his hands. They must be able to see the strain he's under, I can't imagine he's making any more sense in behind-closed-doors conversations, and yet they're happy for every square inch of the pressure to fall on his shoulders. It's a disgraceful way to run a business.

Spot on Gemmill we've all had a bit of a dig at Carver but now he's been put in a position he can't afford to walk away from.

I doubt he even has a mortgage. He's been handsomely compensated during his time workmf for us, even if it less than most coaches for other big cluns get. I'd walk if I were him. His position is untenable after the weekend

There will be players at the club earning more in a week than Carver is on a year.

How do you know this? Regardless, it's up to Carver to negotiate his own salary and t&c's. My heart fucking bleeds for him.