NUFC V Stoke City

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish. We should have been out of sight by the time they scored. What Obertan did with that chance was just disgraceful.

Load of shite. Horrible run of fixtures coming up too. Good to know we've planned for it well with a successful transfer window and the appointment of a promising head coach.

I actually enjoyed the match. Really liking the look of Cabella. Trying to think who he reminds me of, early C Ronaldo? ;)

Fucking frustrating finale but I'll take it if it means humping Pardew on Wednesday. Cup final etc.

I actually enjoyed the match. Really liking the look of Cabella. Trying to think who he reminds me of, early C Ronaldo? ;)

Fucking frustrating finale but I'll take it if it means humping Pardew on Wednesday. Cup final etc.

You enjoyed that? :lol:

I know not being a miserable bollocks isn't very fashionable around these parts. :razz:

I don't know how you lot haven't topped yourselves having not learned to enjoy the little things over the past few years.

Williamson feels like the new Ameobi at this point. Every fucking match, it's 'when will we see the end of this cunt?' After his testimonial.

Obertan & Perez blew it, should have had 2 certain goals.

Willo continues to be a second level defender.

Colo had a good game.

Sissoko had a disappointing game.

Cabella continues to improve.

Carver should have started Abeid instead of Anita.

That should have been a certain 3 points.

Didn't seem to be enough urgency.

Carver proved today he has a total lack of football nous by taking off Cabella, our best player up till then and putting Obertan on the right against Bardsley who is a quick FB. Sammy should have gone off instead. Cisse proved once again if he isn't scoring goals he is just a waste of space. Why was Janmaat left to deal with Crouch for his goal. Where were Colo & Willo?

I know not being a miserable bollocks isn't very fashionable around these parts. :razz:

I don't know how you lot haven't topped yourselves having not learned to enjoy the little things over the past few years.

I am enjoying the little things, wasn't many today. Very, very frustrating when you're winning with the end in sight and you can't fucking pass to a fellow professional instead of continually giving away possession with little pressure on. They were there for the taking more than normal and we were mostly shit and spectacularly wasteful with the ball. I didn't enjoy that game whatsoever.

Yeah, I agree, I had to collect myself from shouting at Williamson for a couple minutes, before I returned to my usual sunny disposition.

Honestly, Jo Brand could be managing the team as long as it means Pardew's gone, and I'd still be doing cartwheels.

:lol: I agree, and I admire your logic, though I'd need to be pretty high to subscribe to it! I thought that was a dire match.

The reason we drew that game was because apart from the first 15-20 mins, we never controlled or dictated the play. We played reactionary football: compact defence with the aim of counter attacking football. This works away from home against teams like spurs who are going to attack you, but at home, against a team like Stoke... we simply gave them too much respect. There was yet again no authority in our play, and when we went 1-0 up we continued to press too far on the counter, and left a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch way too often. We invited the pressure, and It was only a matter of time before they scored, and they probably deserved the point on the balance of play.

Carver is like a kid who has had too much sugar. By default, I don't like him (due to away support altercation and him being happy to work as Ashley's new bitch), and he was just naive today in his tactics. Not a premier league manager/head coach/whatever.

Mike Williamson is fucking shite.

I can't give Oberspeedbump too much criticism about his chance. He should have hit it rather than passing, but the initial pass from Sissoko wasn't great. As someone else said, he seems to suffer confidence issues a lot. Yes he could have done better (and so should Perez when he spazzed out after doing those defenders with some lush footwork), but he wasn't the reason we drew today.

The atmosphere in the stadium sounded utterly wank. What a sad state of affairs :( Club has been robbed of its soul. I just want this season over with. Meta deja vu style.

Special mention goes to Sky's commentary re: Colback and the red card he should have been given - If that is the best narrative you can come up with for this game, Mourinho was right to sulk about the sensationalist over dramatic cunts that you are. :lol: Embarrassing.

Edited by ADP

Struggling to recall Anita doing a single thing whilst he was on. Was he actually on the pitch?

Playing Ireland(?) onside when he seemed be inexplicably taking the scenic route back from the corner flag.

He did something in the box too at some point which I can't even remember, but it was the last straw for me.

Need a new water carrier.

"can't wait for the season to be over". Something we say this time each year. It'll be the same the next. So it doesn't really matter.

Lowest attendance of the season apparently.

One glimmer of hope is the small chance we'll replace Carver with someone fresh in the Summer. No guarantee it'll work out, but at least I'll be able to look forward to seeing some new ideas, tactically etc.

Carver just feels like a continuation of Pardew.

Playing Ireland(?) onside when he seemed be inexplicably taking the scenic route back from the corner flag.

He did something in the box too at some point which I can't even remember, but it was the last straw for me.

Need a new water carrier.

Not exactly a newsflash but we need a new owner and a new direction. Why do we just plod on with the same shit? How the fuck is Williamson still at this club amd playing games? How are we in a similar sleepwalk to the end of the season again?

With not long left,why the fuck did Krul take a quick freekick on the halfway line and hump it high to our not so tall strikers in the box,and why did half a dozen of our payers standing next to him allow it to happen.

A long hump by Stoke into our box,with Crouch jumping and wanting to head the ball, and Janmaat not jumping and not wanting to head the ball, and the ball ends up in the net.I now await the reasons why you think Janmaat wasn't to blame.