The away game against The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

I'd rather not lose 6 in a row tbh. I fully expect too though. The Mackems thoroughly horrible record against us in my life time was funny and a source of pride having to work with a load of mackems. That's been taken away from me forever thanks to the shower if cunts at the club, and I include Carver, Pardew, Ashley and the players in that

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not lose 6 in a row tbh. I fully expect too though. The Mackems thoroughly horrible record against us in my life time was funny and a source of pride having to work with a load of mackems. That's been taken away from me forever thanks to the shower if cunts at the club, and I include Carver, Pardew, Ashley and the players in that

Yeah, there'd need to be a root and branch overhaul for me to go into the derby with any semblance of optimism.

Yeah, there'd need to be a root and branch overhaul for me to go into the derby with any semblance of optimism.

that's coming in the summer though, right?

I honestly still expect to see a good head coach come in and I think it's pretty fucking obvious that there will need to be a raft of new signings.

Will that change the club enough to drive it forward as much and a s quickly as we deserve? :dunno:

EditOh and I think the new coach will bring a roster of backroom staff with him to replace John Charver and co.

Edited by The Fish

Whoever is going to be manager needs to be in place the day after the season ends because we are shit in defence,midfield and up front .Our bench is also shit.We're going to need 10 maybe more incoming players if Krul,Sissoko,Cisse and Tiote leave.Sammy,Jonas and R Taylor are out of contract.Gouffran and Williamson should be nowhere near a Premier League shirt.If we need to ship out before anyone comes in,we could be fuckin about days before the transfer window closes in the summer.I suppose we could always return to the french market for more shite players who are more than willing to sign in early July to make the numbers up .Can i change 10 to 15 ? What a state we are in .

You're the new Christmas Tree.

Nope. I take a firm stance on things and accept when I'm wrong, I don't flip flop like Thumbzilla.

i wish i shared your optimism fish but i'm afraid i don't see anything except mediocrity (at best), as long as ashley is the man in charge. and that means no quality coach in the summer or the required investment in the playing staff that you're predicting.

If everyone that we expect to leave, does, we'll have about 12 players.

You honestly think we'll start the season with a squad of <20?

that's coming in the summer though, right?

Can't honestly see there not being one. Not exactly a land of milk and honey over the horizon but I find it inconceivable Ashley won't take steps to protect his investment. He's shown in the past he's done this when he's had to as well.

Just replacing the numbers is no where near enough though is it?

We need quality and I'd be amazed if Ashley comes close to sanctioning enough spend to make us competitive. He might now just about be ready to admit Carver isn't capable of running the team but I've very little confidence in his lacky's finding a particularly competent replacement let alone furnishing with a reasonable squad of players.

Just replacing the numbers is no where near enough though is it?

We need quality and I'd be amazed if Ashley comes close to sanctioning enough spend to make us competitive. He might now just about be ready to admit Carver isn't capable of running the team but I've very little confidence in his lacky's finding a particularly competent replacement let alone furnishing with a reasonable squad of players.

Competitive? Competing for what? 10th? I reckon with a decent coach we'd be fighting for that now, even with the shower that pull on the shirt at the minute.

Also, Sissoko was £2.5m, Cabaye was £5m, as was Santon, Mbiwa was £9m? Ba came without a fee, as did Remy.

So for under £30m Newcastle could have quality thoughout the spine of the team. We spent more than that last summer.

Can't honestly see there not being one. Not exactly a land of milk and honey over the horizon but I find it inconceivable Ashley won't take steps to protect his investment. He's shown in the past he's done this when he's had to as well.

Exactly.

At the minute it's a horrible time to be a Newcastle fan, but that shouldn't distort the basics of Ashley's tenure.

Sports Direct marketing vehicle in the Premier League.

If that means he has to spend £30m every summer to keep NUFC in the top flight, so be it.

Competitive? Competing for what? 10th? I reckon with a decent coach we'd be fighting for that now, even with the shower that pull on the shirt at the minute.

Also, Sissoko was £2.5m, Cabaye was £5m, as was Santon, Mbiwa was £9m? Ba came without a fee, as did Remy.

So for under £30m Newcastle could have quality thoughout the spine of the team. We spent more than that last summer.

Just being competive against the oposition would be fine by me. I've had a season ticket since McFaull's first season as manager so I don't expect anything more than that.

But at the minute that seems far beyond us.

Of the players you mention there only 2 of them (Ba and Cabaye) have been an unqualified success. Sissoko has been wank more than he's been a star and Remy (to his credit really) fucked off at the first oppertunity. Anyway I think you're kidding yourself if you think we can pick up nearly a full team of bargains like that. I can't see him allowing us to spend £30m in the summer unless he recoups all of that by selling Sissoko, Krul and Cisse.

Just being competive against the oposition would be fine by me. I've had a season ticket since McFaull's first season as manager so I don't expect anything more than that.

But at the minute that seems far beyond us.

Of the players you mention there only 2 of them (Ba and Cabaye) have been an unqualified success. Sissoko has been wank more than he's been a star and Remy (to his credit really) fucked off at the first oppertunity. Anyway I think you're kidding yourself if you think we can pick up nearly a full team of bargains like that. I can't see him allowing us to spend £30m in the summer unless he recoups all of that by selling Sissoko, Krul and Cisse.

Ok, say we don't sign sufficient players of sufficient quality, what happens? Do you honestly think Ashley would risk beginning the season with the same squad that finished the season with the worst form in the top flight? That has never happened before, he's strengthened in the summer every season, bar the year we bizarrely finished 5th. So why do so many people think we're going to enter 2015/16 without strengthening? Also, surely it's clear that Carver won't get the job full time, as such why are so many people sure that a) Carver will get the job or 2) someone worse will?

Again, take it to basics; Ashley wants us as a Premier League club, that's all (and that's not enough imo), why do you think he would risk relegation from a £100m annual windfall for the sake of £30-50m? Especially when half that cost can be paid for from the profits.

Your vision is one of a team of want-away flip-flop wearing stars, and not good enough Ameobis and Williamsons, lead to relegation by Carver or similar?

Mine is one of new players looking to use us as a springboard to a bigger club, lead by a coach looking to do similar.

Which one is closer to Ashley's M.O.?

I can't see the new coach leading us into Europe with dazzling football and the new players getting the Angel of the North tattooed on their back, I don't expect us to shock the world by unveiling Lacazette, Bender and Neuer. I expect more of the same disappointing shit, but with a new coach and a mostly new squad.

Ok, say we don't sign sufficient players of sufficient quality, what happens? Do you honestly think Ashley would risk beginning the season with the same squad that finished the season with the worst form in the top flight? That has never happened before, he's strengthened in the summer every season, bar the year we bizarrely finished 5th. So why do so many people think we're going to enter 2015/16 without strengthening? Also, surely it's clear that Carver won't get the job full time, as such why are so many people sure that a) Carver will get the job or 2) someone worse will?

Again, take it to basics; Ashley wants us as a Premier League club, that's all (and that's not enough imo), why do you think he would risk relegation from a £100m annual windfall for the sake of £30-50m? Especially when half that cost can be paid for from the profits.

Your vision is one of a team of want-away flip-flop wearing stars, and not good enough Ameobis and Williamsons, lead to relegation by Carver or similar?

Mine is one of new players looking to use us as a springboard to a bigger club, lead by a coach looking to do similar.

I can't see the new coach leading us into Europe with dazzling football and the new players getting the Angel of the North tattooed on their back, I don't expect us to shock the world by unveiling Lacazette, Bender and Neuer. I expect more of the same disappointing shit, but with a new coach and a mostly new squad.

Flip flop allstars.

We might hope for a raft of new signings but we'll still get Willo and Dummett as our centre backs and Gouffran and Anita will still be here. The club's run by football hating fuckwits.

I never said that I expected us to go into next season with the same squad (we'll lose a fair number out of contract for a start) but what I don't believe is that we'll do anything other than sign mediocre players to do just enough again. I also think that we are likely to be even shorter in terms of squad depth than we have been this season. We might get a new coach such as Garde who might be better but isn't really proven but I still don't think that's a forgone conclusion (although I do think it's now likely).

I just think that all of that offers very little optimism.

we'll sign some more players. i don't deny that. some may turn out to be alright, but i fully expect them all to be punts on cheap-ish prospects from abroad, with a firm focus on resale potential over what we actually need, and i don't expect any proven premier league players. nor do i think the holes in the squad will disappear.

and i'll be pleasantly surprised if we end up with a coach like steve mcclaren.

:lol:

“We have to make sure everyone is working in the right direction and we all buy into it.

“And we all make sure we do our bit individually so collectively we can move forward. It’s about character and making sure we get back to basics.

“The only people that can get us out of this are ourselves. It’s down to us to respond and put the work in on the training ground then execute it at the weekend.”

They all come out with exactly the same patter week to week, I wonder if they spend more time being instructed on how to toe the line than how to play football. It's beyond pathetic.