Georginio Wijnaldum

Happy Face

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can forget the Obertans, the Gouffrans and all the other deadbeats. McLaren has shown in his first signing the type and class of player he is after and as long as Ashley keeps coming up with the money then McLaren is going to change the face of our team. As far as transfer fees go this is the THIRD highest fee we have ever paid after Shearer and Owen. The problem with a lot of people on here is that the day after the season ends they expect us to make signings. I see there is a deafening silence from all the people who have said Ashley would never pay big money for a player.

:lol: I doubt you'll have much luck convincing anyone other than yourself that this has shown you were right all along about something or other. Good that you're focussing on the stuff that really matters though.

It's not really 'big' money anymore anyway. I'd say it's par for the course - coming from a Premier League team anyway. It was big money ten years ago.

Take into account Bournmouth's bid for Austin etc.

You can forget the Obertans, the Gouffrans and all the other deadbeats. McLaren has shown in his first signing the type and class of player he is after and as long as Ashley keeps coming up with the money then McLaren is going to change the face of our team. As far as transfer fees go this is the THIRD highest fee we have ever paid after Shearer and Owen. The problem with a lot of people on here is that the day after the season ends they expect us to make signings. I see there is a deafening silence from all the people who have said Ashley would never pay big money for a player.

This post gave me aids. The fact 14.5 million is our third highest fee ever, in 2015 and the current climate is an indictment of the current board rather than a reason to think a corner has been turned.

Newcastle United have the oldest record transfer fee paid of any current EPL side. This is a great signing and we should all be excited. It is not, however, ammunition to be used against those that think Ashley is a prick.

eiB7xrU.png

Edited by toonotl

Dunno what forum Stevie was on but the one I was reading was the polar oppositie , frankly they'd put us to shame with how they're taking it, they were all ok about it,

basically saying it was a good move he'll be missed but decent fee and goodluck :dunno: which is what i expected with the SBR connection

some quotes from the pages i read on a 350page thread on him

pretty much every page i read was like that, they're actually happier to be losing Depay than him, saying he was much better for the club and depay lacked the discipline etc he had.

even their official twitter was fairly respectful , compared to what ours churns out

A lot of disrespect here.

http://forum.psv.nl/showthread.php?5096-Georginio-Wijnaldum/page136&s=ed10798c01c9e89f93078cd058b910a8

Put the translate on.

I would anyway not go to Newcastle. May earn a big salary, but the number 15 of the Premier League is now not really an ambitious choice. He better.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Everton would be a much better choice than Gini Newc. United. Good stable club, sound policies, guide young players always good and a good trainer who wants to play football cared.
Idd. They also paid just 12 million for Anita who only six months had played well, nothing had won and was not international. And who put them mostly on the bench. Such a club is. Total no policy, no line and for many years only a spending spree without any bright spot in their entire performance. It is much better to Everton or Roma or Lazio.
It's obviously great that Wijnaldum for a prize some 20 million will leave PSV. I personally find 'gini' not worth that much, he has shown to be a good football player, but his qualities he has, he just shows up to now in the Premier League. If he plays against foreign clubs if he plays in Orange, he always plays "without risk." He may'll get 15 out of 17 balls at a teammate but does blind too. I also think that Newcastle is not the right club for Gini. I think he's a Premier League club he will want to take the bait right. But as I hear in the corridors that Everton is interested I would maybe wait another week !!
PSV happy because 20 million.
Newcastle happy because their doing equal picked up the best player for their selection.
Wijnaldum happy because? No sports promotion. No European and few challenges. Is there equal the best. Remains financial promotion.
I hope Gini that he can go to a nice club level where he can really develop and there to play prizes. Italy was due to tactical approach actually very good for Gini can unpack. A club like Roma, Napoli, Milan, Lazio is perfect for him.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Totally agree.
Perhaps he still choose to excel as the best player there so he can go to the top 2 years, or IIG to Tottenham or Liverpool or similar?
Find all the sin which he moved to Newcastle, the club still does not totally him ... Good battle against relegation.
Phew, I'll say it again: Newcastle ???
I wish Wijnaldum was going to a better club.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Siem de Jong has not even half the qualities of Gini and he knew too well myself, why was it Newc. For him, like Anita and Janmaat.
Gini could really get much better but still chooses money and fall for smooth talking of Mc Claren. A team whose Gini is their main purchase is the club where Gini much better is all I naturally hope so. I think it's really unfortunate, even had an Everton I found much better choice. A club that conducts sound policies and exceptions, structurally in the first 8.9 is in the PL.

This is just scratching the surface of the disrespect towards the toon too. I only read from 136 onward too.

Some real plums on that record signings list. Hernandez, Soldado, Carroll (x2 :lol:), Mitroglou, Osvaldo, van Wolfswinkel, Samba, Bent at Villa, Boselli, Gyan, Alves, Elmander...Owen...

Yeah. There's some shit alright.

A lot of disrespect here.

http://forum.psv.nl/showthread.php?5096-Georginio-Wijnaldum/page136

Put the translate on.

This is just scratching the surface of the disrespect towards the toon too. I only read from 136 onward too.

We're an also-ran team with zero chance of getting into the CL and a slightly better than zero chance of winning any sort of silverware. Their lack of respect is fully deserved. I'm finding it hard to work out why he's come here myself.

There's also a great majority on there praising Newcastle as a club. Saying he made the right choice. Most probably the ones that didn't like the club were Liverpool or Man U supporters anyway.

Good analogy, but I find NUFC is more like a hot blonde chick though, anaaaaaarl.

It's definitely got big tits and was a stunner, total boiler now, but it needs to come off the game because the pimp is a complete cunt who deserves having his balls cut off to date.

Edited by McFaul