Calais Crisis

Park Life

You can't police friends of friends and their friends and their friends commenting etc etc.

Guilty by association. Just warn your mates who are your link to the bellends that if they don't block the bellends, you'll block them. :good:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not migrants or refugees or asylum seekers. They're human beings and humanity, judging on recent posts I've seen on social media, is fucked.

Sad that it takes a dead child washed up on Europe's shores for people to take notice - children have been dying every day in Syria for years now.

The power of the still image, innit.

That's why photo journalism is important because words dont always have the power to move people. I agree with the sentiment but its even worse than taking a dead child to wash up on the shore for people to take notice. Its takes an image of a dead child to wash up on the shore for people to take notice.

Yesterday morning on the radio some presenter went into a massive rant calling people arseholes because they only responded to the story with the image. Well durhh.

Guilty by association. Just warn your mates who are your link to the bellends that if they don't block the bellends, you'll block them. :good:

Friended my mams neighbour a couple of weeks ago to ask about the shared garden. He said he couldn't pay anything towards it because he'd had a pay freeze for 4 years.

Took this screen shot before I unfriended him today.

2ntbmur.png

I don't ever really get mad, but what a cunt this lad is. It seems like he turns EVERY situation round to his dissatisfaction with pay, but these poor sods are dying.

In the same hour he posted how much he was looking forward to see Joe Mcelderry in Joseph and will be buying a Millenium Falcon drone. I can't wrap my head around that lack of self awareness.

Can someone answer something on all of this for me - why is this all just happening now? Have I missed some kind of major event that's kicked all of this off, or were the press just bored a couple of weeks ago and decided to make a story out of something that's been going on for years?

I was in Budapest a few weeks ago and stayed in a Hotel near the station. (the one wear it kicked off basically)

I walked past the Syrian refugees a couple of times, originally I thought they were just random homeless people however they were all just kipping on bits of cardboard and when we walked past not one of them asked us for money or even spoke to us really. They all just looked like they were waiting for something & didn't seem to be moving from the station. Which is why they stood out from the regular homeless I suppose. ''English? Please Sir, I am sleepless'' said one bloke with a pizza box in his hand which just confused me.

Can someone answer something on all of this for me - why is this all just happening now? Have I missed some kind of major event that's kicked all of this off, or were the press just bored a couple of weeks ago and decided to make a story out of something that's been going on for years?

Joking aside, I think if IS started to take grip in my country Id be looking for a way out PDQ

Illustrates how two tier the EU is when those who've made it to Hungary still want to move on.

I was starting to agree with those asking wtf Saudi and the other rich Arab nations are doing but on second thoughts I wouldn't wish that on the poor fuckers - at least in Europe they have a chance at a decent life if they want it.

Aye, Saudi is a horrible place to live in and they dont care two hoots about anyone other than themselves anyway. If you're well educated you could get a decent job in someplace like Dubai but the poor get exploited to bits there. Also I dont think they've got any legislation for asylum seekers etc, let alone anything like benefits. These places would just be a fancier place for them to die in.

Pathetic state of affairs.

Every one of the posturing notables simpering ‘refugees welcome’ should be asked if he or she will take a refugee family into his or her home for an indefinite period, and pay for their food, medical treatment and education.
If so, they mean it. If not, they are merely demanding that others pay and make room so that they can experience a self-righteous glow.

Laughable :lol: