Other games 2015/16

Kid Dynamite

We couldn't do a Leicester. Too much weight of decades of hopes to carry. I'm still fucking scarred by 95. Leicester didn't have that worry. We'd have collectively turned into wrecks by February.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still. It's a great example of how belief and teamwork mixed with a few match winners can take you to extraordinary places. When you look at the lack of heart and belief among our squad you wonder and dream that if we had that same attitude whether we could now be breathing in the dizzy heights of mid table mediocrity.

Aye. Just like Tom Hanks had a £500 bet on them. Bet slip or GTFO.

Tom Wanks more like. I thought it was £100 that was mentioned but even that would be half a million quid. Nee chance.

Still. It's a great example of how belief and teamwork mixed with a few match winners can take you to extraordinary places. When you look at the lack of heart and belief among our squad you wonder and dream that if we had that same attitude whether we could now be breathing in the dizzy heights of mid table mediocrity.

It is a great example. I wonder how many Leicester players were giving interviews in the last year or so of wanting to move on to a CL club?

From Reddit

"Dad can you tell us the story about when Leicester won the league?

Well son it all started when Nigel Pearson's son racially abused a Thai hooker whilst getting a rim job"

Europa League Final - Villarreal v Sevilla

Champions League Final - Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid

The Spanish Elite completely run the show like no country has before imo.

Europa League Final - Villarreal v Sevilla

Champions League Final - Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid

The Spanish Elite completely run the show like no country has before imo.

Quoted for when Shakhtar and Liverpool get through tonight :razz:

Quoted for when Shakhtar and Liverpool get through tonight :razz:

Would be typical of me that. Surely Sevilla are guaranteed to get through and the worlds luckiest club will never run out of luck, irrespective how shit they play.

Would be typical of me that. Surely Sevilla are guaranteed to get through and the worlds luckiest club will never run out of luck, irrespective how shit they play.

Well Liverpool are at home this time and only have a 1 goal deficit to turn over, if they show up then they can absolutely wallop Villareal.

The other game is 2-2, a 1-0 there isn't beyond Shakhtar, they've a lot of quality and experience in europe.

Even still, Spain is killing it currently. There's a common perception that there are only two strong teams in Spain with a huge gulf, Atletico are singularly breaking that perception but even going beyond them there's a lot more depth in la liga than many realise. They're a lot more economical with their spending, the English league is I think at its weakest point in a long long time which is made even worse by the average wage bills which are the highest of all the leagues.

Edited by OTF

The Spanish and European teams never make excuses either, they play there strongest teams weekends and midweek and on the other hand you have our lot of clubs making excuses for being tired, basically throwing in the towel before a balls been kicked.

It annoys me how our clubs spend all season qualifying for Europe to then make excuses to get knocked out, only to then qualify for it again next season and repeat excuses.

There are a lot more foreign mercenaries in English football than most other countries, there has been for a while now which explains the distinct lack of success in European competition.

Doesn't really make much sense as foreign players (non-British) players are winning European titles abroad but they're not winning them here?

Imo it's the failure is okay attitude over here and the pursuit of averageness in the English game.