Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

... I'm seriously not just saying this to be in on the joke here, but I think MF is right :lol: Otherwise you'd be paying Zola a compliment by saying that in him, they've combined being good at football with being good at management... wouldn't you?

... I'm seriously not just saying this to be in on the joke here, but I think MF is right :lol: Otherwise you'd be paying Zola a compliment by saying that in him, they've combined being good at football with being good at management... wouldn't you?

No, 

conflate

kənˈfleɪt/Submit

verb

gerund or present participle: conflating

combine (two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, etc.) into one.

"the urban crisis conflates a number of different economic, political, and social issues"

They've erroneously combined being good at football with being good at football management, combining the two attributes into one.

You didn't say erroneously though, you just said conflate. Hence you can just switch that word for 'combine' and get 'they've combined being good at football with being good at management'.

Granted your meaning was implied, but apparently we're giving you no quarter at the moment. ;)

Edited by Rayvin

You didn't say erroneously though, you just said conflate. Hence you can just switch that word for 'combine' and get 'they've combined being good at football with being good at management'.

Granted your meaning was implied, but apparently we're giving you no quarter at the moment. ;)

"at the moment"

I can understand players coming towards the end of their careers heading out there for massive pay days but when you see players like Oscar doing it at 25 it's sad. Look at Hulk, he had a great reputation as a young talent but seemingly decided that earning obscene amounts of money was more important than playing in the world's top leagues.

I can understand players coming towards the end of their careers heading out there for massive pay days but when you see players like Oscar doing it at 25 it's sad. Look at Hulk, he had a great reputation as a young talent but seemingly decided that earning obscene amounts of money was more important than playing in the world's top leagues.

Aye it's one of them things where I see where they're coming from, he'll have the money to set his family up from just one contract so it's hard to turn down but they're essentially throwing their competitive career away (the people that oppose that by saying that's a "PL-centrist view can fuck off, the Chinese leagues are not prestigious ffs) and they could still set their family up with the wages they get in Europe if they weren't daft.

Maybe he'll regret it one day and wish that he'd stayed in more prestigious leagues until he was older, then again he has won a fair amount and he's going to be absolutely fucking minted now so who knows. I think I understand players like Pelle the most where they're a bit older and were never really top players anyway and they're off earning world class player wages (I saw somewhere that Lavezzi is the highest paid player in the world now if you're going off just club wages and Gyan is on 250k a week). I still think Oscars are going to be real rarities mind and they're going to generally be South Americans and Africans who perhaps value the European leagues less than Europeans do.

Edited by Howay

Aye it's one of them things where I see where they're coming from, he'll have the money to set his family up from just one contract so it's hard to turn down but they're essentially throwing their competitive career away (the people that oppose that by saying that's a "PL-centrist view can fuck off, the Chinese leagues are not prestigious ffs) and they could still set their family up with the wages they get in Europe if they weren't daft.

Maybe he'll regret it one day and wish that he'd stayed in more prestigious leagues until he was older, then again he has won a fair amount and he's going to be absolutely fucking minted now so who knows. I think I understand players like Pelle the most where they're a bit older and were never really top players anyway and they're off earning world class player wages (I saw somewhere that Lavezzi is the highest paid player in the world now if you're going off just club wages and Gyan is on 250k a week). I still think Oscars are going to be real rarities mind and they're going to generally be South Americans and Africans who perhaps value the European leagues less than Europeans do.

Gyan is on £250k per week, fuck me! Professional football needs to stopped now before Steven Taylor earns himself a £200k a week contract with the Shanghai Shithouses, or whatever they are called.

Tevez is on £615k pw

:lol: You can't blame the lad for going back on his prior statement for that amount. 

The amount I heard quoted for Lavezzi was somewhere between £425k-500k per week so that Tevez amount easily puts him as the highest earner. 

The Shenzehn Soiled Knicker Lickers have been struggling in the sports science department and are rumoured to be preparing a lucrative deal to lure a well regarded psychiatric nurse away from his native north east England. 

• Guest locked this topic