Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Don't think he's played much this season anyway, they've usually gone for a three at the back with Luiz, Cahill and Azpilicueta. I think Zouma is first back up as well.

That is not filling me with enthusiasm at the idea of signing him.

It'll be like ferdinand at QPR except slower.

Massive, massive, massive, massive club though

:lol: I know footy wasn't just made recently but it's always hard to claim that you're a massive club when there are players in the PL who were proper bairns the last time Leeds were in the PL, let alone any good. Good history of course but they've been a trampy irrelevance for well over a decade now.

:lol: I know footy wasn't just made recently but it's always hard to claim that you're a massive club when there are players in the PL who were proper bairns the last time Leeds were in the PL, let alone any good. Good history of course but they've been a trampy irrelevance for well over a decade now.

Their history's not all that impressive either tbh.

Their history's not all that impressive either tbh.

Yeah it was more of a decent spell than proper history. Mind with a proper fanbase of about 6 blokes they did okay. Last time I was in t'Leeds the vast majority of them only give a fuck about the Rhinos and barely knew any of the LUFC side bar Beckford.

I'm pleased a few of their fans came a cropper acting up in the town, like. A few of them obviously making the same mistake with their reputation as their teams prowess. Both long seen better days. It's all very well running about places like Rotherham and Reading acting the cock, different coming to a city centre like Newcastle. Fucking knobs.

Yeah it was more of a decent spell than proper history. Mind with a proper fanbase of about 6 blokes they did okay. Last time I was in t'Leeds the vast majority of them only give a fuck about the Rhinos and barely knew any of the LUFC side bar Beckford.

They had a really good side under Revie and then won the last title before the Premier League started but that's about it. They're not even in the top 15 for English clubs in terms of trophies won either. I mean, they've won a canny bit since we last won anything (especially since we last won a domestic trophy) but if you haven't got a great history and you've been out the top flight for over a decade then the claims about their size just seem like a load of bollocks. It's a bit of a daft debate anyway but they don't really fit any of the criteria. You could say fanbase but they're not even in the top ten for average attendances either. Probably one of the most hated sides like, which they also seem to pride themselves on.

Edited by Alex

They had a really good side under Revie and then won the last title before the Premier League started but that's about it. They're not even in the top 15 for English clubs in terms of trophies won either. I mean, they've won a canny bit since we last won anything (especially since we last won a domestic trophy) but if you haven't got a great history and you've been out the top flight for over a decade then the claims about their size just seem like a load of bollocks. It's a bit of a daft debate anyway but they don't really fit any of the criteria. You could say fanbase but they're not even in the top ten for average attendances either. Probably one of the most hated sides like, which they also seem to pride themselves on.

Agreed, they definitely are "massive" on the people hating them list. That's down to their team being a bunch of dirty, hacking arseholes with a matching fan base rather than hating them for being good so I'm not sure why they're so prideful about that.

I know its only Sky Sports but they ran an article last week comparing us both for who's the bigger club and we won on all 4 points :lol:

Sky can go suck my plums. Especially Kirsty Gallacher. Please.

A teaser or two...

1. 3 players to have scored against both Peter Schmeichel and Kaspar Schmeichel?

2. Sheffield Utd win league one, making them the fourth team to have won all four divisions. Who are the others?

3. There is one team who have played in all four current divisions, and both division 3 North and South?

A teaser or two...

1. 3 players to have scored against both Peter Schmeichel and Kaspar Schmeichel?

2. Sheffield Utd win league one, making them the fourth team to have won all four divisions. Who are the others?

3. There is one team who have played in all four current divisions, and both division 3 North and South?

1. Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney?

2.  Huddersfield, Preston, Burnley?

3. Birmingham City?

A teaser or two...

Crouch Defoe Lampard

Leicester?

• Guest locked this topic