Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

In unsurprising news Karanka has been sacked by Boro.

Not sure it'll do them a whole lot of good, but it does mean the mackems are now the only side in the bottom six not to change their manager this season. Will the others benefiting from the "new manager bounce" set our North East chums further adrift?

Current bottom 3 will go down

I thought that when there was that set of results a couple of weekends ago, which left the bottom 3 at least 3 points adrift. I suppose Hull have given themselves a chance with that home win on Saturday but the bottom 2 look doomed. Hull's goal difference is a big disadvantage for them too

I thought that when there was that set of results a couple of weekends ago, which left the bottom 3 at least 3 points adrift. I suppose Hull have given themselves a chance with that home win on Saturday but the bottom 2 look doomed. Hull's goal difference is a big disadvantage for them too

Swansea get to play a fair number of midtable holiday makers and Clement has them playing well, so I'd fancy them to stay up. Palace's run in is daunting with their last 11 fixtures including; Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd. Boro's is similar, but they get to face 3 from the bottom 5 and who knows what the new man may achieve with a defensively resolute squad? Some hard fought draws against the big clubs and beating the relegationeers could drag them to safety?

Mackems are down imo, but I don't think it's definitely the current bottom three. Fwiw I'd love Pardew to take over at Boro and fail to keep them up, Moyes to dour his way into the Championship and Palace to flounder against the big boys and Sam gets his first releg... wait, what's that? It's his second relegation? Interesting...

Pardew, Allardyce, Palace, Sunderland and Middlesbrough all relegated as we go up. Ahh Bisto.

I wouldn't wish it on wor Yohan, he did his best to keep us up last season

I'd have him back, because sentimentality in football is more dead than Bruno's baby momma.

I'd have him back, because sentimentality in football is more dead than Bruno's baby momma.

I hope that sentimentality extends to Boro taking back McClaren.

• Guest locked this topic