Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

11 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Was talking to a young'un, (28-ish) and he mentioned the 'sir John hall' stand. I half jokingly bollocked him for saying it, (he's a sound lad) and told him Hall was taking the piss naming the Leazes after himself rather than a club legend if it had to be changed, and that it always should be called the leazes. The lad had never heard of Hall at all and never given the name a second thought, never mind wondering if he was an ex-player or anything. I also had a bit craic a while ago with my pals son, (again, a lovely kid, early twenties, no mug etc) and talking about David Kelly was surprised to see him look blankly. He hadnt a fucking clue who he was. Not sure if it's me but I can't believe the lack of basic club knowledge from some of the younger support. I know I'm probably sounding like an old cunt but without 24hr sky stats/internet etc most of my peers knew the ins and outs of a fart when it came to NUFC and that was when we were also fucking shite. :lol:

Anyway, carry on. 

Think there's a problem with presenting our history. Not enough is done to celebrate our successes, or dramatic moments. Murals on buildings/ walls near the ground, videos played on the massive screen before games. Something to get the history into the eyes of the kids.

Not being funny, but if you've the time and inclination, you could write a short piece about players or games from our history? I'd happily proof read them for you and I'm sure @Ant would host them on here.

51 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Think there's a problem with presenting our history. Not enough is done to celebrate our successes, or dramatic moments. Murals on buildings/ walls near the ground, videos played on the massive screen before games. Something to get the history into the eyes of the kids.

You know we'd only end up with something like

skysports-dimitri-payet-payet-west-ham_3

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not being funny, but if you've the time and inclination, you could write a short piece about players or games from our history? I'd happily proof read them for you and I'm sure @Ant would host them on here.

Not being funny back but no chance. :lol:

At the min I'm a full time worker, 12hr shifts, full time Dad, part time carer, part time taxi driver with the last two, part time project manager with my house job, part time painter and decorator with house job and occasional leave to have a few pints when we're playing. I could tell any interested parties where I'll be on a match day and give them an oral, (oo-er missus) version if they want like the old days. Any bits I can't remember I'll refer them to excellent old NUFC books of which they're a few. ;)

A lot of the youngsters today aren't interested in much of the football history, unless it's for bragging rights in terms of success stories.

Most of them live on their football manager games and generally become experts on the players of today around the world.

Most are only just starting to get to grips with their legend packs on their football games.

Football has changed a lot from brass tacks/grass roots for the older one's.

The youngsters see the razzmatazz and are happy to go with that.

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Not being funny back but no chance. :lol:

At the min I'm a full time worker, 12hr shifts, full time Dad, part time carer, part time taxi driver with the last two, part time project manager with my house job, part time painter and decorator with house job and occasional leave to have a few pints when we're playing. I could tell any interested parties where I'll be on a match day and give them an oral, (oo-er missus) version if they want like the old days. Any bits I can't remember I'll refer them to excellent old NUFC books of which they're a few. ;)

Would you fancy doing an oral piece for my podcast? Haven't thought through the technical side, but a few 5-10 minute chats about old players or old games might be something my legions of adoring fans might like to hear?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Would you fancy doing an oral piece for my podcast? Haven't thought through the technical side, but a few 5-10 minute chats about old players or old games might be something my legions of adoring fans might like to hear?

Not really sure, tbh, Fish. (And that's without my erratic timetable). As a one off, maybe, but I'm no James Horncastle and co. :lol:

18 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Not really sure, tbh, Fish. (And that's without my erratic timetable). As a one off, maybe, but I'm no James Horncastle and co. :lol:

No worries. I'll have a think and if I get up some time this season I'll give you a shout, record 30 minutes in a pub somewhere. 4-5 short pieces about players or games. Then your international Media career can begin.

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Be sure and mention this @Howmanheyman only 35 years ago today....

random snippet of Vinnie Jones at the end :lol: 

This bloke was who worked at my place was though.... (Not sure if pic will upload on new site?)

IMG_20170828_125113.jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman

10 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

KK doesn't look impressed with his tackle.

The club he drank in auctioned off his socks to pay for his fine. (Which he then spent on horses and an all dayer). :lol:

• Guest locked this topic