Newcastle United v Chelsea 26/9/15 17:30 KO

Haydnator

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck off to the mackems.

NEED A NEW SYSTEM.

He done it first hour, looked like a different team. Played to our strengths, positive. Physical. Commitment. Chelsea couldn't deal with it. Fair play.
Reverted to type second half, look what happened. Arse dropped out. If you can't deal with honesty, you fuck off to the mackems. Summed up the corner at the end. Unbelievable that.

But I will add we played well for the first hour, Mbabu looks a very good player. Head and shoulders above Haidara. Two up front is the way forward. Perez played very well.

Krul should have had their second goal, he goes to pieces on crosses. For the size of him he is shaky as fuck.

Well now, I didn't end up on life-support at the infirmary but it was close.

Credit to Mitrovic, got knocked about quite a bit but didn't lose his blob.

Can't understand why McClaren chose Obertan ahead of DeJong in a game like that.

Mbemba definitely a good buy.

Mbabu looks like he can be an asset.

Wijnaldum showed signs of what we expected.

Sissoko was his usual hard work no result.

Too bad we couldn't hang on for the win. We were a different team in the second half and let Chelsea control the game which was bound to spell disaster.

De Jong always looks slow and lacks physicality when he comes on. Obertan has pace, a reasonably physical frame. Just need to visit Oz to get him a heart.

Can't remember Obertan doing a single thing after coming on. Apart from that Sissoko was the only major let down for me.

We always play well against these though. Said before the game I wouldn't be surprised if we got a result.

Well that was a cracking game, a pity we couldn't hold onto for the win. They looked tired in the end, things can only get better. Mitrovic was a beast, glad he didn't lose it, considering the battering he was taking. Perez has to start with Mitrovic up front from now on. Who is this Mbabu? Very impressed with him, Mbemba looks like he is going to be one of our best centre backs.

Such a shame after all their hard work. Mbabu looks very promising.

My four year old sat and watched the full match with me :lol: Trying to answer all his questions was hilarious. (We were the goodys, Chelsea were the baddys).

Even 2-0 up all I could think of was that this was the road of pain he will now tread for the rest of his life. :lol:

Anyhow, a decent performance that should give them some confidence going forward.

Hope McClaren learned that 2 up top I'd prefer Mitrovic & Perez works I thought before the match we'd get hammered but we played well for most of the game. I feel disappointed that we only got a point from a game we were 2-0 up until the 79th minute. We played a lot better today but there's still an awful lot of work needs doing we need to be playing like this consistently week in week out. Hopefully this will be a confidence booster & we can push on but we MUST start winning games & get out of the bottom 3 draws won't be enough.

Fucking BBC - flew back from holiday and landed at 19:30 - got a phone signal and the football page came up with 2-1 so I thought we'd won. Clicked on the summary and saw 2-2 final score.

End the licence fee now.

I think Mbabu showed promise. Liked his work in our end. I was a bit worried when he tried to push through offensively. Points for effort, but he doesn't have the skill to handle his way through a defense - even one as mediocre as Chelski's at the moment and not sure his speed and conditioning are at a level that would allow him to get back when he does get picked.

Perez should never be seen in the seats instead of the starting XI as he is one of the only ones who shows consistent effort week in and week out and has considerable handling skills and vision. Hope Mitrovic can stay on course, was a good effort from him today.

Just watched the replay. Much better performance. If only we knew that's the sort of performance we'd get every week.

Mitrovic is fucking superb. I love watching someone with a bit of passion playing for the club. Ayoze is going to need a rape whistle to signal for help during goal celebrations though. The Mitro nearly killed him during the first goal celebration, then tried to scalp the lad the second time.

Mbabu was great too. Couple of nervy moments, but he had Pedro more or less under control all game.

If we could somehow get some consistency we'd have no worries for the rest of the season.

So are we to assume that Mitro is fundamental to the way McClaren wants to play? Meaning that we essentially have no plan B, but that actually, we may have a decent plan A. I suppose Plan B might materialise in January with the signing of Austin.

Either way, despite throwing 2 points away, it's nice to feel like we're actually not as bad as it looked earlier in the week.

Mitrovic was last man back putting in a touchline tackle at one point :lol: he's mint, if he can actually score a few goals as well we've got a bargain. Kept his cool despite Ivanovic niggling at him all day too

Anyone who can rattle the likes of Ivanovic and Matic is a big asset.