Monroe Transfer

A mackem mate of mine reckons it's all sour grapes from us - he'd rather they play shite and win and that Allardyce will bring stability, which is exactly what they need right now. I said aye, right. Let's see what you think about old hippo head in six months time after sitting through the most turgid football, if you can call it football, your club has ever played.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mackem mate of mine reckons it's all sour grapes from us - he'd rather they play shite and win and that Allardyce will bring stability, which is exactly what they need right now. I said aye, right. Let's see what you think about old hippo head in six months time after sitting through the most turgid football, if you can call it football, your club has ever played.

:lol: Aye it's literally what West Ham, Blackburn and some Toon fans said when he first arrived at each club. Like I said in another thread Sunday's game is the best they will play under him and the most enjoyment they will get out of it since it was us they were beating, when they're getting peppered with shots at home to Watford come December 12th they wont be loving it.

So...does the overturning of the suspension mean that it wasn't a foul...? And that therefore ewerk was wrong? :lol:

EDIT - presumably it actually means that it was a foul but not a sending off ;)

Edited by Rayvin

:lol: Aye it's literally what West Ham, Blackburn and some Toon fans said when he first arrived at each club. Like I said in another thread Sunday's game is the best they will play under him and the most enjoyment they will get out of it since it was us they were beating, when they're getting peppered with shots at home to Watford come December 12th they wont be loving it.

Exactly. The loss to Derby and the 1-4 home loss to Portsmouth man...

Looking at those pictures Johnson has clearly been mocking various air disasters for numerous years but what do the FA do about it? Nowt. Pathetic.

That's his 'here comes the aeroplane' routine he does when he's wining and dining a lady. If that one that had rattled the bar had gone in we'd have had the choo choo train

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Red card reminded great news but now the club have been charged with failing to control the players after the refs decision. But I'm just wondering why there's been no action taken against Sunderland because I'm nearly certain some of the inbreds were on the edge of the pitch when their 3rd went in.

Edited by trooper

I think pelanty and sending off decisions should be automatically reviewed by an official using TV replays, like they do in rugby union. Cheating and foul play could also be instantly punished if missed by the ref.

Theres too many errors and too much fakery going on in football to leave it to the referee anymore imo. Professional sport is also often too quick for the officials to judge and the crowd influence outcomes unless you're one of the glamour teams.

We saw with the Derby how the fate of a match can be decided in one bum call. Its also quicker to review it immediately than deal with the on field protests and time wasting that inevitably follow a controversial call.

I know people will say its part and parcel of the game but it ruins it as a spectacle.

I think pelanty and sending off decisions should be automatically reviewed by an official using TV replays, like they do in rugby union. Cheating and foul play could also be instantly punished if missed by the ref.

Theres too many errors and too much fakery going on in football to leave it to the referee anymore imo. Professional sport is also often too quick for the officials to judge and the crowd influence outcomes unless you're one of the glamour teams.

We saw with the Derby how the fate of a match can be decided in one bum call. Its also quicker to review it immediately than deal with the on field protests and time wasting that inevitably follow a controversial call.

I know people will say its part and parcel of the game but it ruins it as a spectacle.

It would give the fourth official something to do as well as holding up the time added on board.

In the time wasted by both sets of players surrounding the ref and arguing the toss the fourth official could have a look at a replay and inform the ref whether he's right or wrong.

That said Mike Dean was the fourth official so we were as fucked as a makem's sister when her brother comes home for the weekend.

It's yet another embarrassment for the sport that this is not already happening. So many games are influenced by obviously incorrect decisions that could easily be avoided with technology that's already available.

I said I can wake up thinking that, I didn't say that I did. Your lack of education and comprehension is but a small part of why I can be happy not to be you.

Your obvious lack of personality, lack of football knowledge and signs of depression are but a small part of why I can be happy not to be you.

Edited by McFaul

Then let us both be happy.

I am happy. I've ended 12 months of chemotherapy and my brain is genuinely coming back. Couldn't be happier. If I can help depressed people I will.