Monroe Transfer

Not a charge, it's a jostle and Fletcher has "won " the penalty on the back of a prayer that the ref interprets the challenge as unfair. Colo shouldn't have made that challenge, but to say he's "charged" is a bit of a stretch. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's no foul, but Fletcher went down to try and win a penalty. He succeeded and Colo left us with a mountain to climb.

All that said, the ref let sunderland get away with a very aggressive game plan and specifically let Cattermole get away with many more fouls than he did Tiote, the 1 on Colback alone should have been a yellow. Never mind the other 3 the ref gave freekicks for.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking the Colo incident out of the equation for a second, we absolutely dominated the first half and should have made it count. We've got to take our chances like that because at some point there will be blunder at the back, it is par for the course now.

I said the only way they will score is from us fucking up and bang, there you go.

It was a charge tbf, it wasn't like the two of them were running side by side.

https://twitter.com/scoresoccer/status/658281184456151041

To be honest, watch that clip; Fletcher runs into Colo, not the other way around. Look at the bank of SF's run. If Colo had flung himself to the ground we may have got the freekick in our favour.

It's all moot anyway, the red won't be overturned because the FA are cunts so we're yet again threadbare at centrehalf with a likely partnership of 2 new signings in their debut seasons, or one of the players who frankly aren't good enough at centre back.

It was a charge tbf, it wasn't like the two of them were running side by side.

Am enjoying your pedantry this morning but it does rather gloss over the ref being horrifically inconsistent throughout yesterday's game to the point that he was a blatant fuckin homer. A level playing field earns us at least a point.

346 tramps viewing this thread. If the toon had've beaten the mackems at home 3-0 having been totally outclassed I'd hold my hands up and say we've been lucky, or if I was one of them in this instance, we've been lucky inbred scruffs.

Im fucking furious with colocinni cos he didnt need to heft into Fletcher. All he needed to do was stick with him and contest the space, Eliott had it covered, instead he gave Fletcher the heave ho and a perfect excuse to launch himself which he was looking for. I think it was a pelanty for sheer idiocy on the part of our so called captain.

I blame Coloccini for costing us that match. He's well past it and can fuck off now as far as Im concerned.

Is the truth. Colo should never have risked it, one simply does not give the ref an opportunity to award a penalty.

Everything about Sunderland is second class. They have players who are paedophiles. Mackems are genuinely as ugly as people from places like Hull and Middlesbrough. Their town is genuinely horrific. They have the highest teenage pregnancy ratio. They have a much lower life expectancy than almost all the places in Britain. 50% of them are fat and ginger and the amazing thing about this is if I was a mackem reading this from beside Grangetown Social Club, I'd be thinking, "ere it sewnds like this Mag 'as bean rewnd 'ere." Fuckin third world tramps.

I haven't even got near to describing generally what a mackem is and how its hard to believe a hovel like that exists in Western Europe. We could lose 10 in a row to them, at the end of the day they'll always be jealous mackems in general with a poor education level living in a town which is no different to the 1970s in most proper cities. THIRD WORLD.

The match was a complete fluke and 3-0 the other way probably wouldn't have done justice to how much better we were. Was like a FA Cup game where Man Utd go to a Conference team the first half, in terms of difference in class. A freakish horrific day, where the poor got lots of reward undeservedly.

You can always be relied upon to offer a balanced appraisal :lol:

Edited by Dr Gloom

See there's reports of them "looking into" Johnson doing an aeroplane celebration in front of the Newcastle fans... never even crossed my mind that was his angle and referring to that crash, it's an arms out celebration on his knees like.

If anything he was probably just hoping some child would run from the crowd.

I can't imagine any footballer could think of anything in quite such bad taste. They're probably all too stupid anyway

This question may have already been asked but did Elliot give Colo a shout that he was coming out.If he had then Colo should have got out of the way.Because of the positioning of Elliots body,i would say he would have had a good chance of blocking the shot from the baldy makem bastard,unless he'd flicked it over his body.

And another point.If it had been Fletcher doing the shoulder charging/shoving,would the ref have thought,along with wankers in the media no doubt,that Colo should have been stronger so basically `play on'.

This is further evidence that i am one of the games thinkers.

This question may have already been asked but did Elliot give Colo a shout that he was coming out.If he had then Colo should have got out of the way.Because of the positioning of Elliots body,i would say he would have had a good chance of blocking the shot from the baldy makem bastard,unless he'd flicked it over his body.

“The ball got played through. I was sort of waiting for the ball to get past Colo and Fletcher. It went straight through to me. I jumped on it and Fletcher’s gone over.

I can't imagine any footballer could think of anything in quite such bad taste. They're probably all too stupid anyway

A couple of comments in the Guardian suggested that was his angle. I assumed the run in that direction was in response to the paedophile stuff but didn't make the airplane association. I'd totally believe he'd be that stupid.

See there's reports of them "looking into" Johnson doing an aeroplane celebration in front of the Newcastle fans... never even crossed my mind that was his angle and referring to that crash, it's an arms out celebration on his knees like.

If anything he was probably just hoping some child would run from the crowd.

I thought he was more pumped up because it was half term

The subject line of the email Steve McClaren sent out to Newcastle supporters on Thursday, ahead of the derby said it all. “We won’t be complacent”. Unfortunately the game against Sunderland ultimately turned on a calamitous moment of complacency all too familiar.

Newcastle had utterly dominated the first half, with several excellent chances spurned and barely anything coming back the other way. Then just before half time we lost our heads. While we were still complaining about Robert Madley’s decision not to award us a penalty (either for Lee Cattermole’s handball or for his other hand hindering Gigi Wijnaldum’s run) Sunderland were doing what a Sam Allardyce team does, hoofing the ball out and lolloping upfield after it.

Four (Four!) Newcastle players surrounded but stood off the aged Jermaine Defoe, all jogging back at his pace rather than taking roles to close him down or drop deeper with more urgency to ensure a solid defensive line. Nobody but Fabricio Coloccini concerned themselves with the run of Steven Fletcher, despite the captain being the least capable of anyone in our team to win a one on one race for Defoe’s fine through ball.

No matter how light Coloccini’s lean into Fletcher, no matter how dramatically Fletcher fell, no matter how unlikely he had been to reach the ball before Rob Elliot, Newcastle should never have given the referee a decision like that to make. Up the other end I would have been screaming for those decisions to be given to us so I’m less inclined to say the ref ruined the game than I am to say we shot ourselves in the foot. Again.

The fact that McClaren placed so much emphasis on avoiding complacency before the game tells us much about what must have frustrated him in the first 10 games over which he has asked to be judged. He could see it coming, because it has rarely been the manager’s tactics that have let the club down this season, but player complacency. We matched or bettered Southampton, Man U, Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea, Norwich and Sunderland tactically but have dropped points to all but two of those because of our inability to keep our focus for 90 minutes and maintain a standard we displayed very well for long periods of those games..

I have a running battle with Crystal Palace fans on Twitter where I lay into Alan Pardew at every opportunity and they crow back whenever they’re able. Yesterday’s result saw much crowing - “#Pardewin” - but the disinterested viewer of Newcastle ignores the strides under McClaren and the painful memories of Pardew. The latter lost two derbies by yesterday’s margin and losing his last four derbies in a row is what set us up for being in this ignominious position of losing 6 derbies in a row. The first time it’s ever happened. Pardew’s four derby defeats in a row added to one from John Carver and one from McClaren mean that we’ve lost as many derbies in the last two and a half years as we had in FORTY EIGHT years prior. Pardew is the man who built the foundations for that.

McClaren is trying to fix that. The difference we’ve already seen is clear too, while Pardew sides never looked like being in derby games, we looked like we would win, we deserved to win, we just took our eye of the ball for a second and were punished harshly. We didn’t fold, we kept chasing and paid for our endeavour conceding more to the gaps we inevitably left.

But how long can that enthusiasm be maintained while we’re looking up the table? If we’re going to climb out of this mess, we cannot look to blame referees or diving opponents for our predicament, we must look at ourselves and the mistakes we made. Emailing fans to say there’ll be no complacency isn’t good enough, the players are going to have to show it, with 90 minute performances from front to back.

Well he didn't celebrate last season in that way.He was waving his arms and weaving from side to side mimicking a plane in trouble yesterday.Would he do it at Old Trafford.No he fukin wouldn't.

wtf A load of players do that celebration. I don't think Ayoze refers to MH17 in his celebration.

DnE9abb.jpg

Some facts for our guests

1 You won fair and square. Congrats

2 With a different referee you likely wouldn't have won

3 That first half was the worst I've seen in a long time. Literally. Read the first half of your match thread on RTG :lol:

4 Theres a reason West Ham are now 3rd after getting rid of Allardyce