Bournemouth V Newcastle // Premier League // Saturday 7th November // 12:45 // Dean Court

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean sheet, away win, Mbemba, the goal was from excellent build up, monkey off our backs, out of the bottom 3, a win when none around us did the same, no injuries, Blobby Jelliott performed brilliantly which will do his confidence a world of good.

The most of that comes under the umbrella of Jelliott playing superbly. We were absolutely smashed by a team of championship players and got extremely, extremely lucky. Granted we deserved the points v Sunderland and all 3 against Stoke but Christ...that was one of the most inept performances I've ever seen. Funny old game 'n all that.

The most of that comes under the umbrella of Jelliott playing superbly. We were absolutely smashed by a team of championship players and got extremely, extremely lucky. Granted we deserved the points v Sunderland and all 3 against Stoke but Christ...that was one of the most inept performances I've ever seen. Funny old game 'n all that.

Reckon we deserve a bit of luck; but for misfortune we'd have taken 3pts from Chelsea, sunderland and Stoke.

Yes, that was the point I was making but I cant see how you can take a lot of positives out of that mauling.

Mbemba looked good

Nobody got injured

Elliott played brilliantly

The goal showed the quality that exists in our team.

I get that it was a bad performance, but there were positives even in that pile of shite.

The worry is the next 3 games are very tricky. Games where, at the beginning of the season, you'd probably have hoped for 4-6 points... Now? we'd probably be happy with 2-4?

He'd be even better alongside someone like Shawcross.

What about that Ron Vlaar bloke once hes fit? Dutch international, seasoned prem player, available on a free. I know we'd have to put up with essembee calling him a FUCKING YELLOW BELLIED DUTCH COWARD but he should be the sort of experienced player we go for at CB imo. Unless his injuries have finished him of course.

I'll bet Chelsea wish they had our luck!!

They were lucky against us.

What about that Ron Vlaar bloke once hes fit? Dutch international, seasoned prem player, available on a free. I know we'd have to put up with essembee calling him a FUCKING YELLOW BELLIED DUTCH COWARD but he should be the sort of experienced player we go for at CB imo. Unless his injuries have finished him of course.

That no one else has picked him up speaks volumes.

Mbemba looked good

Nobody got injured

Elliott played brilliantly

The goal showed the quality that exists in our team.

I get that it was a bad performance, but there were positives even in that pile of shite.

The worry is the next 3 games are very tricky. Games where, at the beginning of the season, you'd probably have hoped for 4-6 points... Now? we'd probably be happy with 2-4?

"Noboby got injured " and one particular player looked good. Scraping the barrel there fish. If you were putting them up against negatives from the game then there would only be one winner.

"Noboby got injured " and one particular player looked good. Scraping the barrel there fish. If you were putting them up against negatives from the game then there would only be one winner.

Aye, us.

;)

I'm just saying there are positives to take, that performance arguably being our worst under McClaren is chief amongst them imo.

SM has us playing better football and with a bit more confidence and a bit more composure we'll climb the table. Also, if Carver's quotes about similar funds being made available in January and June are to be believed, I'm more positive about the club than I am negative.

The fact that we won was the positive because we were absolutely gash. Hopefully a blip. Performance-wise it was our worst of the season against poor opposition. We've played much better against higher quality sides and lost.

BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE and Essembee need a lifestyle top trump off on here. Criteria for the trump off;

Mackem interest

Goalkeeping awareness

Bravery awareness

Mensa score

How many tabs can you smoke?

How many cans in your fridge?

Go ahead lads, fill your boots, loser is a mackem coward. No need for thanks. :good: