Bournemouth V Newcastle // Premier League // Saturday 7th November // 12:45 // Dean Court

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got lucky today & we're out of the bottom 3 BUT if we continue playing like this we'll be punished. The only positive was Elliot apart from that we were rubbish thanks for the 3 points Bournemouth you were unlucky

Team was shite.

Elliot was great.

Took our chance.

Almost everyone was anonymous or scared of the ball.

Bournemouth play nice football.

Cisse was born offside.

Even though the whole team should of, I felt Gini & Mitro could have been more present.

Perez is clinical, but I wish he would stop this play acting of his.

Thauvin proved me wrong when he came on; looked pretty decent and made an impact. More of the same from him please.

First away win since we beat Hull 0-3 in Jan.

Big 3 points.

Anything else to add?

Edited by Haydnator

Team was shite.

Elliot was great.

Took our chance.

Almost everyone was anonymous or scared of the ball.

Bournemouth play nice football.

Cisse was born offside.

Even though the whole team should of, I felt Gini & Mitro could have been more present.

Perez is clinical, but I wish he would stop this play acting of his.

Thauvin proved me wrong when we came on; looked pretty decent and made an impact. More of the same from him please.

First away win since we beat Hull 0-3 in Jan.

Big 3 points.

Anything else to add?

Spot on about Perez

Worth noting that Leicester have played mostly bottom half teams thus far and haven't looked invincible. Still playing well, obviously like. Palace away would be sweet and think the players will be well up for it. Liverpool away will be nowt but we never get anything down there anyway and we tend to do well against Spurs at home. Not worried, me.

Worth noting that Leicester have played mostly bottom half teams thus far and haven't looked invincible. Still playing well, obviously like. Palace away would be sweet and think the players will be well up for it. Liverpool away will be nowt but we never get anything down there anyway and we tend to do well against Spurs at home. Not worried, me.

Aye, I agree about Leicester. Arsenal took them apart.

Just as well we got 3 points today because coming up we have

Leicester (h)

Palace (a)

Liverpool (a)

Spurs (h)

We're at home to Liverpool and away to Spurs btw.

Edited by Haydnator

Cheers I don't think it'll matter too much if we play like we did today

Aye. Today was a one off, just like the mackem's result in the derby was. Next two we can win, Leicester aren't invincible given how, as Ayatollah Hermione said, they haven't played any of the top half teams apart from Arsenal, who dismantled them. Beat them 2-5 in their own backyard didn't they?

We can beat Palace, they seem to have lost their way a little bit.

Liverpool are nowt special. We can pick up something against them if we turn up.

Struggling to see if we'll get something from Spurs, even if we have done them at White Hart Lane two seasons running now.

We're nee Arsenal mind, I think Leicester will be a very tough game for us as they really do have a good system and some good players like Mahrez. Palace I'm more confident about especially as they've come off the boil a bit.

Leicester still will be tough, no doubt about it. I'm just saying the only team they've played outside the bottom half is Arsenal, a team which we more or less held at SJP, dicked them, so they aren't completely invincible.

I'm going to the Palace game.

Leicester still will be tough, no doubt about it. I'm just saying the only team they've played outside the bottom half is Arsenal, a team which we more or less held at SJP, dicked them, so they aren't completely invincible.

I'm going to the Palace game.

I agree they're not invincible, they're just quite clinical and we tend to struggle for goals. I think if we can put in a performance like we did against Stoke we will get points from them.

Pretty hilarious that we were the worst we have been all season and won.

If that was someone going for the league title it would be "ground it out" or "sign of a good team to play badly and win". Think we deserved it after playing pretty well previously and not getting much go our way.

Fair play to Elliot today didnt have to make any world class saves but did what he had to do very well in bad conditions.

Great to get the three points but anyone who saw that knows that that was right up there was some of the worst shite we've seen from Roeder, Kinnear, Allardyce, Pardew and his cup games etc. Dreadful dreadful dreadful stuff. Feel a bit sorry for Bournemouth to be fair.

I think putting DeJong on instead of Cisse would have been a better choice of subs, he's got more to offer than Cisse in a game like that.

Bringing Cisse on, moving Perez wide and putting Wijnaldum in the middle meant that they were basically toothless from that point onward. It was pretty negative to sit on the narrow lead but it was at least done with a bit more intelligence than we've been used to for the past 3 seasons. Thought Thauvin presented an outlet against a full-back who was very tired too. The Mitrovic sub looked daft at the time but I think it helped us ride the game out.

Bringing Cisse on, moving Perez wide and putting Wijnaldum in the middle meant that they were basically toothless from that point onward. It was pretty negative to sit on the narrow lead but it was at least done with a bit more intelligence than we've been used to for the past 3 seasons. Thought Thauvin presented an outlet against a full-back who was very tired too. The Mitrovic sub looked daft at the time but I think it helped us ride the game out.

Agree with all this. They'd also pretty much run out of ideas by the time of the Mitrovich substitution and the final 20 mins was a bit of damp squib.

In a way it was a tale of two no. 2 goalies, ours was brilliant, theirs had one save to make and fucked it up. A truly terrible performance, bar Eliiot, Colo, Mbemba and Perez. The rest either didn't fancy it too much in the rain (That's you, Moussa) or were just plain old shite.

Also despite his good performance Perez wants to cut out the fuckin play acting. Embarrasing.

Edited by PaddockLad

Thought it wasn't one of Perez's better games albeit he took his chance well, (still, if Krul/Elliot let's that in they'd be getting Pelter's despite what the BT crew said). Absolutely spot on about the play acting, think the kid is great but that shit needs to stop. Not sure if Schteve's changes helped or whether they were running out of gas anyway. Think I'd be inclined to give the real ginger quiff the benefit of the doubt on this one. As an aside, Gini is a natural at drifting into the right areas but sometimes seems like the invisible man when we're struggling, almost Sissoko-esque, you could say.

Barely saw Gini during the first half, I think that was largely due to them constantly coming at us down our right side though, whenever we briefly won the ball back it was humped up to Mitro or worked through Janmaat and Sissoko, nothing going down our left.

The one time in the half he drifted infield and got a touch or two he set up a goal, I'd rather that contribution than Sissokos constant wasting of possession.

tbf to them both though they weren't alone in being poor yesterday, it wasn't a good performance from pretty much the entire team.

Elliot was as good as he could have been, Colo was decent too, he made a lot of very important blocks and interceptions, Mbemba was fine but I think struggled in that his only outlet was colo for the entire game.

Janmaat was unusually ineffective going forward but grew into the game defensively, Dummet was quiet from what I saw but they seemed to be mostly coming down our right.

Tiote was absolutely awful, he constantly let his man run off him, a good number of those saves by Elliot and blocks by Colo were due to that.

Anita struggled, usually saw him in a fullback position to pick the ball up then only pass it to a centre back.

Perez scored but didn't look himself, honestly I don't care that much about the play acting, but he could do without getting himself a reputation for it.

Mitro had a tough time against Distin which surprised me since he seemed to have the beating of stokes defence last time out.

As a whole the thing that surprised me most from the team was that no one seemed to have a good first touch, conditions were tricky but they should still be able to deal with that, not doing so meant we had no control over the ball by the time Bournemouth pressed and we ended up with none of the ball as a result.

Centre midfield has to be a priority in January, 2 needed there imo, someone with a physical presence that knows how to use it properly and someone who has a real range of passing who can control a games tempo.