Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

It's from last night. He's basically filed a piece along the lines of the rest - Rafa could walk in the summer.

:lol: I thought it was from about 10 mins ago....is Fish as we speak running around like corporal Jones?..."don't panic!"

Ashley Out have just tweeted for the first time in a while, calling on Ashley to give Rafa the assurances he needs. Protest on Saturday?

If we demonstrate supporter anger quickly enough, it might force Ashley into a corner again.

:lol: I thought it was from about 10 mins ago....is Fish as we speak running around like corporal Jones?..."don't panic!"

:lol: 

Big bunch of fannies.

Interesting quotes. Good to hear he has no intention of walking away and he's clearly calling for a positive reaction from supporters against Derby rather than more anti Ashley stuff from the stands.

The first quote is striking though. No manager has stood up to Ashley like that since Keegan - and we all know how that worked out.

I do wonder if Rafa has something concrete in his contract that he can fall back on that he knows will allow him to push Ashley much further than others could.  I mean, I think we all believe he will stand up for himself much more than his predecessors but I wonder if he can force through more as well.

It certainly appears that while there is still more than a little cause for concern, nothing is completely broken yet.

I do wonder if Rafa has something concrete in his contract that he can fall back on that he knows will allow him to push Ashley much further than others could.  I mean, I think we all believe he will stand up for himself much more than his predecessors but I wonder if he can force through more as well.

It certainly appears that while there is still more than a little cause for concern, nothing is completely broken yet.

I'd say he has as much, if not more than KK in his contract. And KK won his case.

I'd say he has as much, if not more than KK in his contract. And KK won his case.

Aye I would think he will have more after he saw what happened to KK.  How much cast iron power he has over what funds are available will be the question.  I don't doubt he will have final say over transfers, but if he's told there's no money available, has he got something in his contract that can force Ashley's hand.

It'd be very difficult to get a provision into the contract guaranteeing transfer funds. I'd say that's done once or twice a year on a gentlemen's agreement. Of course you have to be dealing with gentlemen for it to be worth anything.

Of course you can't guarantee funds are there to be made available, but it could be possible that there is a provision that if they are, they are provided as and when requested.  Clearly it would be difficult for Rafa to prove what should be available but it might give him a bit more power.

Carr must be on some kind of bonus in relation to how much profit we make on players like. That can only explain why he's meddling with Ashley, either that or his ego inflated due to all of the power he had and knew he still had Mike's ear so could have a word about himself being marginalised. 

Or he's also missing the brown envelopes he was getting from Mondial Sport Management for recruiting all of their players.

Interesting quotes. Good to hear he has no intention of walking away and he's clearly calling for a positive reaction from supporters against Derby rather than more anti Ashley stuff from the stands.

The first quote is striking though. No manager has stood up to Ashley like that since Keegan - and we all know how that worked out.

No intention of walking away now, he's an honour guy so wants to get us promoted. I still think he'll definitely be off in the summer though and I don't blame him. Shame you'll still have the Wongaloids burying their head in the sands and coming out with the old support the team and not the regime patter whilst still filling out the ground.