Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Normally find .com a bit too cynical for my liking, but even they've found time to be positive about Rafa. Thought these lines were a good summary:

Regardless of that however, tonight was a case of mission accomplished for Benitez, who arrived at a failing club barely 14 months ago.

He may not have got here in time to avoid relegation, but he's managed to restore competence, commitment and belief in both the dressing room and the stands - a monumental achievement.

I think Ashley will go along way to finding the cash and keeping Benitez if only because the NUFC brand hasn't been this strong in years; with the manager being at the centre of the feel good factor.   Not many clubs have the managers name chanted, in a positive way, more at home games than the players on the pitch and that makes him as valuable  merchandise wise as any player. 

Fuck, is Riviere still on our books?

Hope it's not too early to suggest he could fill a backroom opening.

R.I.P. Kath Cassidy

Champions! :nufc::lol:

"Rafa’s Way tells the story of the remarkable Championship campaign that followed, the turnaround in the fortunes of Newcastle United and the dramatic promotion. It charts Benitez’s overhaul of everything within a troubled club, his impact on its city, and how he immersed himself in a community that persuaded him to stay, and could not bear to see him leave."

"Rafa’s Way talks in-depth to Benitez, about his beliefs and the challenge he faced, to the players, the key men in black and white stripes who made Newcastle United champions, and delves into the very heart of a football club as it emerged from the ashes."

24eau8h.jpg

Shearer saying we need to spend £150m isn't particularly helpful

:lol: What's his aim? Survival would need nowhere near that amount, which is honestly what the goal is first season up. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/03/newcastle-united-manager-rafael-benitez-hold-crunch-talks-owner/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

£70m transfer fund for Rafa this summer plus what he can raise in sales according to Luke Edwards.

Given that he says that Ashley won't be putting in his own money then I'm not sure just how that figure can be achieved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/03/newcastle-united-manager-rafael-benitez-hold-crunch-talks-owner/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

£70m transfer fund for Rafa this summer plus what he can raise in sales according to Luke Edwards.

Given that he says that Ashley won't be putting in his own money then I'm not sure just how that figure can be achieved.

Where's Happy Face with that graph showing transfer spend? Have we made sufficient profit in the previous windows to have 'banked' about £70m?

Or maybe NUFC allocate a set amount of money from their revenue for transfers each season, say £30m?

I could try to work it out but it seems like a lot of effort and that's not really my sort of thing.

:lol: 

guess we'll just have to wait for @@Happy Face 

I thought that was the figure HF arrived at as well mind...

Well, shall we wait for him to confirm? Rather than putting words in his mouth? Would that be a responsible thing to do Rayvin? It would, wouldn't it?