Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Wasn't he trying to charge £400m when Keegan went? Obviously we were a different proposition back then like. Don't forget that Ashley's net worth has decreased dramatically in the last two years as Sports Direct struggles. He might be looking at NUFC as a business interest that can turn a decent profit for him.

Needs backing right?

All jokes aside whatever's gone on here its pretty serious if/when the FA get involved there could be serious recriminations against the club. i've seen mention of possible points deduction, relegation, or even a transfer embargo any or all of these havevthevpotential to ruin anybplans Rafa had/has.

But, surely all those consequences you've seen mentioned have been noted by fans? Not anyone who actually knows what's going on.

It'll be a transfer ban if it's anything, but they'll not get it through before the summer window. Might even take months. Plenty of time for us to prepare for it.

But, surely all those consequences you've seen mentioned have been noted by fans? Not anyone who actually knows what's going on.

It'll be a transfer ban if it's anything, but they'll not get it through before the summer window. Might even take months. Plenty of time for us to prepare for it.

yeah, it is the kind of thing that rafa could use as an excuse if he were to walk after not getting the backing from ashley he wants. the idea that there's no chance of him staying now when nothing has yet ben proved is first class bed wetting

All jokes aside whatever's gone on here its pretty serious if/when the FA get involved there could be serious recriminations against the club. i've seen mention of possible points deduction, relegation, or even a transfer embargo any or all of these havevthevpotential to ruin anybplans Rafa had/has.

From where though? Anywhere that might actually be an authority on this matter?

Did West Ham even get points deducted for the Tevez and Macherano stuff? I find it hard to imagine what the club has done is any worse than that, it'll be a fine, potentially Charnley getting the boot, and possibly some sort of transfer ban when it's finally figured out in 6-18 month. Liverpool only got a little ban from signing youth players for tapping up a ton of youth players in direct violation of FA rules, I can't see them relegating us banning us from transfers and deducting points ffs.

Did West Ham even get points deducted for the Tevez and Macherano stuff? I find it hard to imagine what the club has done is any worse than that, it'll be a fine, potentially Charnley getting the boot, and possibly some sort of transfer ban when it's finally figured out in 6-18 month. Liverpool only got a little ban from signing youth players for tapping up a ton of youth players in direct violation of FA rules, I can't see them relegating us banning us from transfers and deducting points ffs.

Fined £5m weren't they?

Also, didn't they have to pay Sheffield Utd something? 

Liverpool are one of darlings of English football though.  It's well within the realms of possibility that they would take far harsher action against us.  But as Alex says, there's no one with any actual knowledge making these claims about what could happen.  How can you say what could happen when you know next to nothing about what has allegedly gone on.  The only thing that does seem likely is that any investigation would take a fair while (even if it has been going on for a while before it's got to this stage) and it's unlikely that any sanctions could come into place before the start of next season.

Liverpool are one of darlings of English football though. It's well within the realms of possibility that they would take far harsher action against us. But as Alex says, there's no one with any actual knowledge making these claims about what could happen. How can you say what could happen when you know next to nothing about what has allegedly gone on. The only thing that does seem likely is that any investigation would take a fair while (even if it has been going on for a while before it's got to this stage) and it's unlikely that any sanctions could come into place before the start of next season.

Aye that's it like people are making these claims without any fucking clue of what has actually happened.

Oh aye the mackems want to wind their necks in too, whatever has happened is nowhere near as bad as the club playing a bloke that had admitted grooming and touching up a child to them.

Aye that's it like people are making these claims without any fucking clue of what has actually happened.

Oh aye the mackems want to wind their necks in too, whatever has happened is nowhere near as bad as the club playing a bloke that had admitted grooming and touching up a child to them.

Or them chanting he shags who he wants.

If we've broken the law/rules the club has to live by that and we will be justified in aiming abuse at whoever is responsible.  I won't be defending them.

Or them chanting he shags who he wants.

If we've broken the law/rules the club has to live by that and we will be justified in aiming abuse at whoever is responsible. I won't be defending them.

Spot on, the only thing is I hope whoever is actually responsible is punished. If they do something like give the club a transfer ban but don't touch the people that did it that hurts the fans more imo as it just gives fat boy an excuse to not buy anyone, I'd want to see a lifetime ban from football for Lee Charnley is what I'm saying (regardless of his level of involvement).

But aye I won't be defending this utter fucking shambles, in fact I probably think less of the cunts than the people investigating them do.

Edited by Howay

We all know they've been after Ashley's arse for a while. While i agree i might well turn out to be a slap on the wrist for the club & the end of Charnley. Or it could go the other way & we're made an example of turning the whole club to dissaray. Remember we're Newcastle United & this is Ashley we have to be ready for the worst. You can call me a bedwetter i'm not that bothered i'm just trying to be realistic.