Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

No fucking chance he'll be spending all of that on Premiership players. If anyone can get some decent bargains from abroad, it's Rafa. Hopefully Graham Carr keeps his bugle out of it.

If you're looking at £70 million + whatever he can raise, you've already got another £10 million from Thauvin and we haven't even went looking yet. That, if Rafa gets to spend all of it and the aforementioned Carr doesn't want to slip himself some money from that shit agency in France, we'll stay up no bother. The idea that there's a gulf between Championship and Premiership is a total myth. With good spending and coaching, you can bypass all the shit at the bottom.

No fucking chance he'll be spending all of that on Premiership players. If anyone can get some decent bargains from abroad, it's Rafa. Hopefully Graham Carr keeps his bugle out of it.

If you're looking at £70 million + whatever he can raise, you've already got another £10 million from Thauvin and we haven't even went looking yet. That, if Rafa gets to spend all of it and the aforementioned Carr doesn't want to slip himself some money from that shit agency in France, we'll stay up no bother. The idea that there's a gulf between Championship and Premiership is a total myth. With good spending and coaching, you can bypass all the shit at the bottom.

Haven't we already had that cash?

You're right about the perception that there's some huge gap between top of the Championship and bottom of the Premier League. Look at Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull, Watford, and so on, they've got some absolutely garbage "Premier League" players. 

Chris Brunt, Marc Albrighton, Jeff Hendrick, Dean Marney?

Nah, they're "Premier League" players, so better than Jonjo Shelvey, Matt Ritchie or Hayden.

Agreed, we drew with Hull away during a time of fixture congestion with the squad we have now, give Rafa 50m plus to spend and he'd win that game fairly comfortably (we probably deserved to win anyway). I'm not sure what Scoobos is on saying that amount would only get us 2 players, we're not looking for Alexis Sanchez level players. West Brom are fucking wank and they're top half with 44 points, Burnley have survived without spending much and they won less games last season than we've won this season. He was able to bring in players like Ritchie and Gayle as a Championship side, he'd attract some decent talent in the PL and as you say he will be able to take better advantage of his knowledge of La Liga for next season.

Apart from the smogs and makems,every other team look better than us in the Premier League.I think we have a massive rebuilding job just to keep us out of a relegation battle next season.Don't forget,every team who start next season in the Prenier League,bar the promoted teams,will be receiving £100m or so to strengthen .If we start fuckin about offering £5m here and there we're doomed.If we start being linked with French players in the close season then worry big time.

I'd love us to go for sigurdson if Swansea go down

Me too but there'd probably be a queue of established PL clubs thinking the same. Do we still have the pulling power of old. With Rafa, maybe. We'll see.

Fuck off man you boring cunt.

I had a longer post in mind, but this sums it up.

Of course we're an attractive prospect to players, fucking churlish to say otherwise.

I can only think of 2.

:lol:

It's good to see mind, it doesn't mean something can't go wrong but it leans to the side of there being no division at present. Maybe I'm just being hopeful mind.

Great achievement for a man who "doesn't know the championship". We'd probably still have won it by more points with Nigel Pearson or Steve Bruce.

I bet Charnley has been walking round like a right hard nut after spending 30 minutes in a police cell.

:lol:

Charnley: "Yeah, it was brutal at times when I did bird but luckily got on with my cell mate, 'Nails' McGinty, we were real tight and had each others backs. We said we'd look out for each other on the outside as well......hang on, can I just take this call?........Hello? Lee Charnley speaking...... What? This is nails McGinty? You've just got out?.....err, let me finish, this is Lee Charnley's mam, Lee has emigrated to Australia, err, said he's very happy over there and isn't coming back and he said please don't ring his mam anymore or something like that. Bye."