Leicester City v Newcastle United

trophyshy

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gini playing alongside Shelvey in the middle. He's more skillful, stronger, faster than those others. I would like Rafa to ask Gini to take one for the team and play CM at least on the road,, at least for the nine games remaining. Maybe not so much at home, but I would try it.

I didn't think Leicester were anything special. We did a bit more competing for the new manager but other than that, totally shite up front.

Prefer Sisokko on the right with Janmaat and once again nothing special from Petez or Mitrovic.

Sure Mitrovic wins the odd flick on, but without goals that's not enough.

Hopefully Tiote will be back for Sunday and Doumbia will get his chance.

In summary, same old problem, nothing up front.

I didn't think Leicester were anything special. We did a bit more competing for the new manager but other than that, totally shite up front.

Prefer Sisokko on the right with Janmaat and once again nothing special from Petez or Mitrovic.

Sure Mitrovic wins the odd flick on, but without goals that's not enough.

Hopefully Tiote will be back for Sunday and Doumbia will get his chance.

In summary, same old problem, nothing up front.

Sissoko's final product is nothing short of diabolical, how he continues to get a game is anyone's guess. The fucker seems bulletproof. That chance in the second half when his pass was played to NO-ONE should have seen him hauled off then.

Doesn't he have the most assists this season for Newcastle?

Not that that's saying very much...

If you've watched us all season you will realise that means fuck all, the amount of good opportunities he wastes is astronomical. Far outweighing his assists. Perez should have stayed on tonight, much better distribution. Edited by Anorthernsoul

With no fret up front I think the Rafa party may turn into a damp squid. I think he's got a bigger job on his hands than he first realised. If we're honest we didn't expect anything from this tonight so we shouldn't be dissapointed. Now Sunday is a different matter it really is a must win game we must take all 3 points to give ourselves a semblance of a chance of staying up. Anything less forget about the Premiership & trying to rebuild the football side of the club. Because I doubt that Rafa will be staying around long after the final whistle of the Spurs game.

That is the point!

Everyone's been shit this season and beyond, the fact he's performing to some extent while having the heart of a pea/lacking confidence/whatever it is, is relevant.

There's a reason he's a French international.

With no fret up front I think the Rafa party may turn into a damp squid. I think he's got a bigger job on his hands than he first realised. If we're honest we didn't expect anything from this tonight so we shouldn't be dissapointed. Now Sunday is a different matter it really is a must win game we must take all 3 points to give ourselves a semblance of a chance of staying up. Anything less forget about the Premiership & trying to rebuild the football side of the club. Because I doubt that Rafa will be staying around long after the final whistle of the Spurs game.

Damp squid. :lol:

I don't think it's an overstatement to say that Sunday is the most important match in a decade.

I'm surprised Sisokko get as much stick as he does. He's been our main / only thrust of attack all season and particularly pre Christmas he was getting great crosses into the box.

Gini, supposedly a good player has gone missing more than Sisokko.

Perez just seems a meh player this season.

Oh how we could with Shane's deliveries into the box, although they'd be wasted on these donkeys.

All change for Sunday please.

Is Cisse fit? He wouldn't recognise the offside rule if he was slapped around the face by it, but he does know where the net is. I can't see where the goals are going to come from to keep us up. Im not a fan of 1 up front as I think it stifles the midfield unless you've got players with high energy who can get up and down the pitch. I don't think we see enough of that when we break.

Confidence is a big part of any team and it's clear from Lascelles to Sissoko that they've lost it in their heads. That's the biggest challenge, to give them confidence that they're not going to be beaten every time they lose the ball. The amount of silly safe passes Lascelles made across the face of goal when under no threat just to get rid of it was ridiculous.

Sissoko gets so much stick because he's fucking gash. He either stands so close to his own player with opposition around him the pass isn't on, or he does that stupid attempted flick pass and it's like he's got a fucking stiletto heel on and fucks it up.

There was an incident in the first half he lost the hall because of his fucking spazz feet and didn't give two shits about trying to get it back even though the ball was less than 2m away. Fucking gutless. His fuck up he should have battled to get it back.

He has zero to offer the spineless wank.

Sissoko gets so much stick because he's fucking gash. He either stands so close to his own player with opposition around him the pass isn't on, or he does that stupid attempted flick pass and it's like he's got a fucking stiletto heel on and fucks it up.

There was an incident in the first half he lost the hall because of his fucking spazz feet and didn't give two shits about trying to get it back even though the ball was less than 2m away. Fucking gutless. His fuck up he should have battled to get it back.

He has zero to offer the spineless wank.

In a nutshell. I'm going to refrain from posting any more about him as he boils my fucking piss.

I'm surprised Sisokko get as much stick as he does. He's been our main / only thrust of attack all season and particularly pre Christmas he was getting great crosses into the box.

Gini, supposedly a good player has gone missing more than Sisokko.

Perez just seems a meh player this season.

Oh how we could with Shane's deliveries into the box, although they'd be wasted on these donkeys.

All change for Sunday please.

The only thrust of attack in the league that is yet to score a goal this season.

Yep. At least he looked up for it yesterday though. His end product though man, awful, putting it lightly. What the hell he was doing taking out Mitro the only time he was through on goal only God knows. He's a bottler, completely loses his head in the final third.

To an extent I agree with CT though in that Perez and Gini have looked really off the boil in recent months. Not really arsed either although Wijnaldum at least looked a lot more involved after moving into the centre, massive improvement over whatever the hell Anita was supposed to be doing anyway.

These three are going to have to massively up their game if we're going to survive, starting Sunday and no later. You can see from yesterday alone that Rafa will do enough to have these organised with a proper game plan. The players have to dig deep to find a little bit of quality though.

Deja vu though.

McClaren started with encouraging losses that would have been spankings under Pardew. We need points

Yeah, let's take no encouragement from travelling to the league leaders and losing to a dubious goal and missing out on a clear penalty. That would be silly

I can't be upset with that. There seemed to be a marked improvement in both attitude and organisation. Yes we didn't create much but arguably we created more than them. If we keep improving like that we've certainly got a chance. Shame the powers that be waited so late to make the change.

Yup.

Also, we face 5 of the bottom 9 in the final run in, we won't face a defence as well drilled as Leicester until we face Spurs. I fancy Rafa's influence and the opposition's limitations bringing us enough points to stay up.

Janmaat had an absolute stinker going forward but was all right defensively, Anita was nothing and we looked more dangerous when he went off (though I'd still start a defensive midlfielder beside Shelvey instead of Gini for the derby), Sissoko looked great for the 1st 25 minutes, but when the goal went in, he reverted to type. That type being Perma-shite

We lost by 1 goal to the league leaders, a goal that may have been struck off by a different ref. We were denied a penalty that, on another day, may have been given. We went toe-to-toe with them for pretty much 90 minutes. I'm worried about the derby, can see us losing or drawing, but I fancy us to stay up by virtue of facing another 4 bottom half clubs and Rafa having more of an impact on the players (and having players returning from the treatment room).

I've worked out why CT demands the unfancied player to start. It's a no lose position;

If they don't start and we win he can say he'd hoped to see them get more time and that was the perfect fixture for them,

if they don't start and we draw he can say that they would have been the difference,

if they don't start and we lose he can say that they would got us at least a point.

I they do start and we win, it's obviously because of them,

if they start and we draw he can say we would have lost it without them and

if they start and we lose, it's because they haven't had enough time.

He can state all these things without a scrap of evidence to back his claim. Hence his love affair with Ferguson, LuaLua, Sammy, and now Doumbia. He sees a player that might be better in the wings and pins his hopes on that, despite evidence to the contrary. It's a gut feeling and nothing more.