Yes Gemmill...

catmag

There used to be a kid who went to my school who regularly rang up Night Owls. You’d think he was taking the piss but he was just genuinely thick as fuck. One time he reported seeing lights in the sky at night. The ‘Flashing Blade’ (ffs) pointed out Seaton Burn was about a mile or two from the airport. Another time he rang up about his struggle to give up the tabs. When asked how much it was costing him he replied - nowt, I smoke me Gran’s ones. Glad to hear the content has remained consistently good 👍🏻 

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:crylaughin:

"The ambulance service said it and partner agencies had cared for 435 patients who fell ill along the lying-in-state queuing route and surrounding areas by the end of yesterday."

I bet they didn't have to wait hours for an ambulance 

My sister has taken the train down to join the queue to look at a cloth covered box.

Then realised the queue is so long she would miss her train home so she's given up on that.

I despair.

• Haha 6

I love winding thr kids up. Just told them that we couldn't get to London in time so we have to do a simulated queue instead. We have to stand outside in the garden, occasionally walking a few yards in a circle, for 24 hours. Then tomorrow we can watch the BBC coffin streaming channel and cry a bit for 3 minutes, before moving on and getting warmed up 

My youngest one (always been exceptionally gullible) started crying at this prospect. My eldest just gave me that look which all but says "zip it, dickhead". Hey, what else are Dad's for? 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I love winding thr kids up. Just told them that we couldn't get to London in time so we have to do a simulated queue instead. We have to stand outside in the garden, occasionally walking a few yards in a circle, for 24 hours. Then tomorrow we can watch the BBC coffin streaming channel and cry a bit for 3 minutes, before moving on and getting warmed up 

My youngest one (always been exceptionally gullible) started crying at this prospect. My eldest just gave me that look which all but says "zip it, dickhead". Hey, what else are Dad's for? 

leonardo dicaprio gatsby GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Renton said:

You made your kid cry and you’re boasting about it here?

mmmkay

18 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

You made your kid cry and you’re boasting about it here?

mmmkay

Well look at all the millions of people the queen has made cry. Perhaps you need to have a word with her. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

God, maybe we deserve a nuclear holocaust tbh.

It’s a significant minority but it’s still a minority who’ve lost their collective shit (if they ever had it). I’m not saying it’s not terribly depressing what a bunch of sycophantic fuck wits they are. But there’s no way most people feel this way, although you’d be forgiven for thinking so if you watch the news 

• Like 1

Caught a bit of the news (or the ‘queues’ as it should now be called). Someone with a stick / limp pretending to be stoic but actually complaining about the wait to get into the shorter ‘accessible’ queue despite not realising they’re part of the problem, ie the shear volume of people. Not to mention it’s their choice. You’re not evading Russian tanks on foot, you chose to go there, you dozy fucking bint 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s a significant minority but it’s still a minority who’ve lost their collective shit (if they ever had it). I’m not saying it’s not terribly depressing what a bunch of sycophantic fuck wits they are. But there’s no way most people feel this way, although you’d be forgiven for thinking so if you watch the news 

Aye. Thing is, I'm not fundamentally against all sentiment like that. I think "the country is unimaginable without you" and "forever in our hearts" are normal enough things to say if you're a royalist and a long-lived monarch dies. But where the fuck does the rest of it come from? :lol:

As for the marmalade sandwich/Paddington spirit guide thing that seems to have taken hold, I thought this was a good read: https://artreview.com/the-queen-paddington-fantasy-image-of-britain/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Aye. Thing is, I'm not fundamentally against all sentiment like that. I think "the country is unimaginable without you" and "forever in our hearts" are normal enough things to say if you're a royalist and a long-lived monarch dies. But where the fuck does the rest of it come from? :lol:

As for the marmalade sandwich/Paddington spirit guide thing that seems to have taken hold, I thought this was a good read: https://artreview.com/the-queen-paddington-fantasy-image-of-britain/

Yeah, good read. It kind of shows how little most people know or are interested in what the queen actually did. Both in a wider role in the constitution but also the day to day aspects. So they reference the only thing they can remember, the Paddington sketch. I also think a lot of people just need to be told what to think so they’ve been told the nation is heartbroken, so they think they should be 

Maybe someone should explain to the people whinging about queue jumping that they are queuing to see the biggest queue jumper in life imaginable. 

Might be too deep for them on second thoughts. 

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...