Jump to content

catmag
 Share

Recommended Posts

It has been such a shocking last couple of months for Australian cricket fans. Both Warnie and Roy are part of my generation as a fan and ofcourse they are part of the greatest generation that they have played in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Wasn’t there a bit of a carry on when he almost signed up to play for England? 🤔 sad news RIP

He was born in England, so yeah, he could have played for your lot.

 

But he was as Aussie as an Aussie can be. It was never going to happen. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

His two blueys (blue cattle dogs) were with him when he died. They wouldn't let first responders get to him to assist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously better known for his ODI exploits but 25 tests is not to be sniffed at considering the level that Australian test side were at. He was born in England and I think one of his parents was from the Caribbean. But he was adopted as a baby and lived virtually all his life in Oz. I think the only talk about him playing for England was when he played for Gloucestershire and the press found out he’d been born here. But I think that’s all it ever was, i.e. paper talk in the UK 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/05/2022 at 22:05, Alex said:

Obviously better known for his ODI exploits but 25 tests is not to be sniffed at considering the level that Australian test side were at. He was born in England and I think one of his parents was from the Caribbean. But he was adopted as a baby and lived virtually all his life in Oz. I think the only talk about him playing for England was when he played for Gloucestershire and the press found out he’d been born here. But I think that’s all it ever was, i.e. paper talk in the UK 

 

Test average of 40. Never lost a WC game and he played in 2.

 

It looks like he tried to avoid an animal on the road the caused his car to flip.

 

Always loved him commentating on our BBL league. It isn't good but his personality and knowledge made it interesting.

 

Asked for a pay cut from his TV duties so that he could go fishing more. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depeche Mode were one of my favourite bands growing up. Violator s still a great album. And Goodfellas remains one of my favourite films :( RIP 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Depeche Mode were one of my favourite bands growing up. Violator s still a great album. And Goodfellas remains one of my favourite films :( RIP 

 

Have you any other notable (still alive) favorite's ?? Perhaps we can contact them and ask them to be extra careful about things for a while.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

 

Have you any other notable (still alive) favorite's ?? Perhaps we can contact them and ask them to be extra careful about things for a while.

I love Boris Johnson 🙏

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.